It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powdered alcohol is a thing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Funny how government legalises such a powerful drug, responsible for the deaths of thousands a year and criminalises other less harmful substances. Shows the power of certain lobby groups.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I can barely remember the last time a person went off because they were addicted to cigarettes. Or caffeine. Or, the unmentionable. Or even shooting hard drugs. The only reason why... Is to get them in the first place. It's a combination want/need that REALLY, really wants to be filled. As long as you let them know that you need/want it, until your body takes control... Vicious cycle.

I fully believe that drugs are illegal for the simple fact that it makes so much money. They can literally bust you three times for the same offense, which boggles the constitution, for having money and drugs and intent?. Prove your way out of it.

Rights are only if you assert them. If you are tricked into being an example, then that is what you get.

What most people don't get... It's that people, individuals, want to be the man. If it takes rolling another over, so be it. Everyone in America would roll on their family if it 'could' make them whole. Such is the learning these days. I think drugs help it along.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Maybe Acetaldehyde powder? I guess That is what alcohol turns to in the body. Add some specialized tyramine flavoring powder and you got booze. So you get the hangover and the good feeling comes from the glutamate flavoring.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just a guess. You would need a specialized enzyme with this to convert the powder back to ethenol.
edit on 20-4-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
for people trying to understand this :

the various claims of " powdered alcohol " are disingenuous - its alcoholic granules

turning alcohols into stable room temp solids would be a nobel prize nomination

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
I see a lot of problems with this.

Teens and young adults already abuse alcohol in ways it was not meant to be used. I'm betting a lot of deaths will come from this idea. People WILL snort it to get off quicker and stronger. Wouldn't surprise me if it even gets injected. Why can't they just let things be the way it is done now? The powder form of alcohol can not be a good idea for any reason. They're more or less advertising with how to break the rules, the law and what not by giving you an easy way through.

This is bad news... and a stupid idea, for sure. Wondering how many people will OD or get alcohol poisoning in the first year?

well you're probably right and that's when I'll say, why don't you just inject the ALREADY LIQUFIED form? Kids these days... OR.. or... This is just a rumor I heard, but supposedly there's this other way you can "do" alcohol. It's not really recommended to the amateurs, so... you gotta be a big dog if you know what I mean...gotta be able to handle your stuff. So anyway, what you do is, well first you get a glass or basically any container... pour it in there, sometimes with ice cubes or a straw... and, get this, you Drink the stuff man! I am NOT sh#tting you bro. People out there are doing it. Freakin savages man... do you know when you drink something it has to go through your Kidneys and your Liver, bro?! Yeah, I know, insane right?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Someone who is a lot smarter than me decided that it was a bad idea to take an enema of straight booze.

I'm on your side, I prefer it with some ice and sometimes a little fizz.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dfens

Coming to a BOB near you! I think this is a fantastic idea! Not sure how you powder alcohol, but I'll give it a try this fall! My wife has already requested a packet in her Altoids Survival Tin. Perfect addition to the backpack on weekend hikes. There is no downside to this...again...if true.

Could this product get abused by kids? Yep, but everything else can as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

Ha! I used to be a kid. The problem was that the stash wasn't stashed away well enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join