It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cardinal Grand Cross, April 23rd: Change is A'Coming!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If you cant understand that astology is giving context and personality to this then im sorry but you fail.

Giving personality to astrology is like trying to make a scientific decision based on how your friend feels today, rather than repeatable and provable empirical data.

Its such a no brainer how don't you get it?

Hmmm, I don't think I am going to touch this one lol, I might end up presuming that "asstology" is the analysis of Uranus (I can make spelling mistakes too, except mine are for generally crass humor content). Maybe you can blame my lack of insight in this fantasy as my being centered in Aquarius? I'll have to see if I supposedly have moon, mars and venus influences LOL.

Astrology is giving personality to the cycles so that we can track the influence its having over our psyche GET IT I CANT BELIEVE YOU GUYS DONT GET IT

Its a scientific process its uneblieve that scientist dont understand it

No, it's a subjective process, as soon as you introduce "personality" it loses any scientific meaning, plus where is the repeatability in the cause and effect? Scientific processes are objective and neither ruled by feelings nor personality, they are provable and repeatable. Plus we have this annoying little thing called peer review ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Here ya go, explain me based on astrology ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio
a reply to: luxordelphi

What you are referring to is declinational astrology. My point is that there's an astrological system for that. Google declinational astrology, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

How cool! Just glanced over a very little bit but am happy to see that in some systems astronomy and astrology can still meet and exchange a polite nod!

(Would be interested to hear the explanations on the 12th house versus the 8th house in the just previous chart put up. Looks intriguing!)
edit on 19-4-2014 by luxordelphi because: just saw the chart and had to ask

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

You do realize that the interpretation of someone's chart is an art you cultivate, right? It's thin-slicing at its best. It's an art that you cultivate through years of study just as a sculptor, or a musician would. No offense to onequestion, but just because he believes that astrology is true, doesn't necessarily mean that he has that expertise. Even at what I consider to be my peak, I never had that level of expertise because I never did readings, professionally. It was more like an obsessive hobby of mine.

edit on 19-4-2014 by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio

I only interpret my own chart and i don't bother learning how to interpret anyone else for the exact reasons i stated previously in thread. I agree with you it requires years of cultivation. IMO its a process of self discovery and understanding, its a part of the process of transmutation.

The reason i haven't respond to his more recent replys is because its not job to convince him if he really wanted to learn he would take the time to do it himself.

No need.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I knew that that was the reason you didn't respond. I find that skeptics are sometimes unreasonable in the way they demand information. I mentioned Noel Tyl earlier; it would be better if he asked someone like him. He perhaps would not be convinced even still because of his stubbornness, but I know that he would at least walk away stunned on some level.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Interestingly enough i want to check out the person your talking about myself.

What i do is i get as much information as possible about each aspect and i observe them as they happen. Ive become very adept at recognizing which is what and even had relationships with each. Its pretty interesting stuff.

I havent even come close to looking at world events though.

edit on 4/19/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: luxordelphi

If you feel you have the time, I would look into it. It's no less than fascinating.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

He may be the most gifted astrologer alive today. I was on his forum before ATS, but I started to understand pretty quickly that that was for serious students.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Robert Hand is also pretty interesting. Google, Astrology at Hand. It's a web series that Robert Hand wrote about astrology, magic, and how different things interrelate. I can tell that you would really like that! He even talks about some interesting things about society that I can tell you would like.

edit on 19-4-2014 by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Who do you go to, to read about monthly/ weeklys transits?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

You do realize that the interpretation of someone's chart is an art you cultivate, right? It's thin-slicing at its best. It's an art that you cultivate through years of study just as a sculptor, or a musician would. No offense to onequestion, but just because he believes that astrology is true, doesn't necessarily mean that he has that expertise. Even at what I consider to be my peak, I never had that level of expertise because I never did readings, professionally. It was more like an obsessive hobby of mine.

Which is kind of my point, it's an art, not a science. I don't expect onequestion to be able to necessarily read it, but if astrology were a science, then all astrologers would come up with the same answers interpreting the chart. And that is my actual chart based on my actual birthdate, time and location. It's not 1964 BTW, so I am not the Antichrist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night and sacrificed a chicken, well KFC actually LOL.

To luxordelphi: re "(Would be interested to hear the explanations on the 12th house versus the 8th house in the just previous chart put up. Looks intriguing!)"

What are the 12th and 8th houses, and I see a lot more there than those two (Sun and the trident thingy)? I have always wondered what all that stuff meant, it looks technical, but so does a Scientology e-meter LOL. If any one out there in ATS land can read that chart I would be interested in knowing what it says and if the chart is even close to divining a profile of who I am. I have my doubts however, of course I could apply statistics and probabilities to a series of answers and then go with the average, at least that might add a little science and math to astrology ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

When I mentioned it as being an art, I was just speaking generally. Astrology also involves a lot of geometry and, surprisingly, some heavy duty math. It's both art and science.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Your forgetting that personality and context are at play its impossible for me to come to conclusions without adding context and thats what ive been telling in the entire thread.

Removing context and personality from the universe is also why science will never understand where it goes wrong. Its also why science doesnt understand the universe.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Which is exactly why astrology is simply astronomy with the addition of context and personality its really not that hard to understand.

The bodies are each a "persona" that reflects itself into your sphere of influence idealistically as an event, thought process, or a person or as anything really.

You can see its influence by getting to know the "character" or nature of that character.

If you really do it youll understand mythology and archetypes a lot better and youll understand what the gods are and begin to establish relationships with them which is where it gets really hairy.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

How does the quantum observer fit into this? Does he have free will?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Do you have a relationship with anyone?

Your relationship with that person is exactly how your relationship with the heavenly bodies works and the relationship they have with one another.

Accurately describe for me in mathematical terms how your relationship works with your wife and use those same exact peramaters to explain the relationship that i have with my wife accurately.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I used to read transits, but I stopped doing that because it was getting kind of obsessive for me. I think that being a Scorpio, astrology can be like a drug for me. But I was just going to astrodienst.com to look up the ephemerides. I was mostly trying to interpret things that happened in the past by looking at what configurations were present at those times. But I started to get too obsessed with that, as I mentioned. I was mostly trying to master what those planetary configurations meant back then.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
See, now im giving away to much information.

What im explaining to you is why modern science is broken and how its actually devolution.

Modern science is WAY BEHIND, WAY WAY WAY BEHIND.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

That's what I tended to be good at, understanding the archetypes, especially for the Western zodiac. I was never very good at understanding the archetypes for Chinese astrology. I suck at understanding the Chinese elements. I can't intuitively understand what wood is! Maybe 'cause there's no Western counterpart? I don't know.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join