It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptozoology, mythical or unexplained creatures and sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'm on my tablet until later today, making it hard to type with 1 finger, and will have to share my Bigfoot stories from northern Michigan a little later. I always wanted to see a thread on ATS with others experiences with the unexplained, and hear about it. Has anyone seen a bigfoot, a thunderbird, Bray road beast, Jersey devil or dog man etc? I was searching for one on here, but to no avail. unless I missed it somewhere. Let's hear about it, and what you might think it is...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Years ago my 2 childhood friends and I decided to make a teepee in the woods behind our house, after a butt whooping by my mom for using her good sheets to wrap it with she asked us about a month or so later, why we kept making the "frames" all over and why even so far down the road. We said we didn't except the one, but we are kids and they expected us to say no. It wasn't until years later that I realized these were territorial markers. We were the only 3 kids within a 3-5 mile radius.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I have never seen anything like that but my ex wife had stories. Her friend lived on a dirt road here in Mi. the only house for miles. They both of seeing a creature that could stand on 2 legs and run as fast as their horses. Always seeing it through the treelines. They were serious about it too.

Her other story is more paranormal than cryptozoology. Dealt with a little creature that lived in another friends house and drug a small coffin around. If you said "candyland" an egg would fall from the ceiling. Crazy I know. She totally freaked out when I named my Rottweiller Unkk, she said that was the name of the creature. lol

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Peekingsquatch

I haven't seen any unknown creatures, but I have seen what I think is a sasquatch track when I was in the mountains, but it was hard to tell because it had appeared to have recently rained also it was a highly used trail, I saw human, dog , and bear tracks all around the area. It seemed weird that it was only one print but like I said the area was the best for finding tracks.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I was in camp years ago in Northern NJ. Twice a year we would have an outdoor overnight sleepover in a very wooded location. Well, I woke up in the middle of the night and saw the counselors talking and looking at something that was far away in the tree line. Branches were shaking, bushes the whole ten yards, then suddenly something huge flew out and over the trees into the distance.
To this day I cannot explain what I saw. It wasn't a prank for everyone would have been woken up to be part of it. Only me and about 7 other counselors saw it and they were scared, thinking it was a bear, until it flew away.
I don't know, Jersey Devil seems a stretch but maybe there is something large out here in NJ???
edit on 4/19/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You should check out sled735's thread here, lots of good experiences to read.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Cool, thank you I wiill. I keep trying to write about some other experiences but my tethering connection sucks!!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Most of my experiences were all in northern Michigan a few kiles north of Traverse City, it was pretty Desolate back in the day, so I've noticed there isn't much reporting from the area. Most of the stories were brushed off as drunken farmers or attempts to keep people away from their stills.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I had a bigfoot experience that precipitated intense research on the subject, and I have come a long way in my knowledge of these animals in general. Before my sighting I knew what bigfoot was, and thought it was plausible that they existed, although I wouldn't say I was convinced. After my sighting there is absolutely no way I can go back to such an untenable position. I've detailed my encounter on various bigfoot-related forums in the past, and probably on ATS somewhere as well, so I will just give a synopsis here.

We arrive at forest, park the vehicle, and start trekking deeper into the woods to reach the area where we would set up camp. We get to the area, and immediately I set my stuff down and start kind of checking out the general area, seeing what was around. I walked a little ways from the rest of our small group, and ended up coming around the end of a small grove of trees that stood beside a relatively small open field. Not too small, but not very large. Anyway, I come around the trees and that is when I could see the field, since it was obstructed until I reached that point. So I come around these trees and see an animal, probably close to 8 feet tall or so, muscular or bulky, moving quite briskly with a long stride, moving across the open field and heading for the treeline on the other side.

I viewed the animal, which I definitely knew was male, sort of from behind, but off to its left side. I will place two punctuation marks to give you an idea of what I mean. I am the period, the bigfoot is the apostrophe. . '
And he was moving more or less straight ahead. My angle would have been a little less,
so move the period up just slightly.

So I didn't see the front of its face directly, but I saw it partially in profile, while being able to see some of the front of the face, if that makes sense. I definitely could make out details, so I was pretty close. I didn't have anything to measure the exact distance, and I am horrible at estimating distances, but I know I was definitely within 50 yards, probably much closer than that. The animal did not appear to see me.

I saw him for 5 to 10 seconds before he disappeared into the treeline, and that was it. If you want to know what I was feeling throughout this time, there were various conflicting emotions. I was afraid, anxious or panicked a bit, curious, awestruck, as well as many other things all at the same time. The fear was "primal." I knew that this was a real animal, an animal that could probably rip me in half if it wanted to. I wish everyone could have such an experience, although many people are traumatized by seeing one of these animals, because they are not supposed to exist. Even manly hunters have refused to enter the woods again after an encounter, and I will tell you I can understands why.

I often wonder how things could have been different for me if the animal acknowledged me, or if he was coming in my direction, etc...There was a certain amount of comfort in knowing the animal was moving away from me, lol. And like I said, I had given thought to sasquatch before this encounter, and knew they could be out there, and I was still not prepared for this sighting. So someone who just assumes there is no such animal will have their entire worldview turned upside down, which can affect some people quite negatively.

If anyone has any questions about my encounter, feel free to message me. Other than this, I have only had a handful of paranormal experiences, most witnessed by others so I know I wasn't hallucinating or something. No UFO's or anything like that. If you want my opinion, after having done lots of research, the ideas of "dogmen," or local "monsters," are not likely to exist. I think people are most likely seeing sasquatch and just getting the details wrong. There are three fields with exceptional evidence, especially in the witness record.

These are the paranormal, UFO's, and bigfoot. Any other topic does not have as much evidence as these three topics. So if any weird things actually exist, it will likely be these three things. I know at least two of them exist, due to personal experience, and given the sheer amount and quality of UFO testimony, I would think there is something going on there as well. Not necessarily aliens, but something.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Did you ever hear about the creature people say they would see periodically on Old Mission Point? It was supposed to be a deer that would chase cars, but had a human face? I never did but it gave me goosebumps. Imagine driving along and noticing a deer running next to you, and it turns it's head and grins at you!! Probably just stories, but the thought scared us bad!!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I watched something a while back about some huge flying bird type of thing in that area. A kid was supposed to have been grabbed by it while running next to his mom. This thing kind of stalked them, perched above their porch waiting to strike when they came out. The kid squirmed and got away from it, but supposedly tumbled 15-20 feet to hit the ground before running in to their barn. It was on something like Fact or Faked or Monsterquest. I think maybe a thunderbird.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I watched that also I believe it was Monsterquest and it did have very large wings. I'm trying to remember if I could hear the sound of it flying or if it was just the wind. I can't explain what I saw that night but it was mentally filed in the same place I have put a lot of things I can't explain. I wasn't afraid though, it's just so hard to remember every detail now, it was so long ago and at the time I didn't know the Jersey Devil existed.

top topics

join