It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Russian Fireball? April 19 2014

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Great video of a fireball, starts at 18 seconds in.

Some have claimed this was something military-related as this city is near a large Russian military base - I don't think so. This object seems to have the typical speed of a meteor, measured in a range of maybe 20 -40 miles per SECOND, where as the average or even cutting edge ballistic projectile can go nowhere even close to that speed.

Also, it seems to be breaking apart very quickly, which is not observed in ballistic projectiles, not at least happening so quickly. Also, ballistic projectiles have a more steady emission of energy, unlike this one that varies.

Yes, it is another fireball, and yes we are getting more of them.

What used to be a very exciting and rare phenomenon, we'd hear about a "good" fireball once a year or even less, has turned into a rather humdrum event with video AND REPORTS (we had reports before the internet, right?) coming in on almost a daily basis.

edit on 19-4-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Great ball of fire

and yes we are getting more of them.

Where is the link to that statement?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Wow! Amazing footage!

I took this quick screen grab and uploaded it to ATS ...

It lit up the night sky enough to highlight the surrounding residential blocks!

It looks similar to the previous Russian meteor event.

The video should help in locating any fragments and I wonder if the forensic analysis can confirm whether this meteorite was from the same larger body as the previous meteorite

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

Great ball of fire

Where is the link to that statement?

I guess I am just one of those types who can rely on their own judgement from observation of evidence, and not have to wait for the MSM or government to tell me something before I recognize it as being true. Just like you will never hear definitively on the MSM or from the government that there was a huge cover-up surrounding the execution of JFK, I have looked at all the evidence and know that to be the case.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

Thank you for that!

I wouldn't be surprised if we received some reports of sonic booms from that area........

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Ok...i guess.

Just, there might be a rise in videos and such as earth is covered with "Go Pro's" by now but i see no data on a rise in reported fireballs, 100 tons of debri from space enters earth atmosphere every year, some of it is bound to be seen or filmed and thats pretty much it.

BTW, it's not the government or the MSM who keeps track of it, so why are you waiting for them to report about it?

edit on 19-4-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
After some digging i found this below from reported fireballs in the US and it does seem there is a rise in reported fireballs but again with media coverage from individual sightings more people will be aware of they can actually report it, it doesn't mean that there is a rise in fireballs hitting Earth.

Fireballs log

2010: 954 Events found in 2010
2011: 1637 Events found in 2011
2012: 2151 Events found in 2012
2013: 3561 Events found in 2013
2014: So far 930 Events found in 2014
edit on 19-4-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Its pretty but not pretty rare.

2. How frequently do fireballs occur?

Several thousand meteors of fireball magnitude occur in the Earth’s atmosphere each day. The vast majority of these, however, occur over the oceans and uninhabited regions, and a good many are masked by daylight. Those that occur at night also stand little chance of being detected due to the relatively low numbers of persons out to notice them.

www.amsmeteors.org...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The rise in these incidences may be because more people have smart phones with video cameras and are catching them and uploading them to the internet. That's my opinion anyway.

It would be scary to see one of these streaking by in the sky overhead. I can't understand what the people in the video were saying but their tone became concerned after it flew by. It sure is pretty though.

Good catch!

edit on 19-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What a great video. Thanks so much for bringing it here.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Ok...i guess.

Just, there might be a rise in videos and such as earth is covered with "Go Pro's" by now but i see no data on a rise in reported fireballs, 100 tons of debri from space enters earth atmosphere every year, some of it is bound to be seen or filmed and thats pretty much it.

BTW, it's not the government or the MSM who keeps track of it, so why are you waiting for them to report about it?

Maybe we just got lucky then since we saw two just the size and brightness of the OP fireball last year.

One green and one white one night apart, we didn't have a camera on us so how many have not been photographed or reported like our two. First ones like this my husband had ever seen at age 50. I had seen one many years before but no one i know had ever seen one at that time. (we are not talking falling stars here)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Great ball of fire

Where is the link to that statementCommon as bird poop.

You won't find it. There is no link be cause that is an opinion. Uninformed at that. We are not getting more of these. They happen every single day day in and day out . We see them at night and call them shooting stars.
edit on Sat Apr 19 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed quote tags

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Yes, it is another fireball, and yes we are getting more of them.

I guess I am just one of those types who can rely on their own judgement from observation of evidence, and not have to wait for the MSM or government to tell me something before I recognize it as being true. Just like you will never hear definitively on the MSM or from the government that there was a huge cover-up surrounding the execution of JFK, I have looked at all the evidence and know that to be the case.

Like saying Planet X is here?

You've toned it down now, but I remember that was about all you could talk about. Lens flares proved it!
edit on 4/19/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
.... (we are not talking falling stars here)

What do you mean?

The same thing you refer to as "falling stars" is likely what is being seen in these "fireball" videos, except the distance makes them appear differently. Of course it is going to look much more dramatic when you get to see it close up.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Thats cool and lucky i guess, i have seen 3 in my lifetime, two of those at sea as a sailor but we never reported them and a huge amount of big shooting stars, everything is dark out at sea so you often see and notice much more than on land when it comes to sudden lights in the sky.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DietJoke

Wow! Amazing footage!

I took this quick screen grab and uploaded it to ATS ...

It lit up the night sky enough to highlight the surrounding residential blocks!

It looks similar to the previous Russian meteor event.

The video should help in locating any fragments and I wonder if the forensic analysis can confirm whether this meteorite was from the same larger body as the previous meteorite

Deffo bright, must have been amazing to see it in person

Another grab

Not sure about occurring more often tho
edit on 19-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Where is the link to that statementCommon as bird poop. te]

You won't find it. There is no link be cause that is an opinion. Uninformed at that. We are not getting more of these. They happen every single day day in and day out . We see them at night and call them shooting stars.

Is it possible for you to make a comment without a scatological reference?

Yes, we have all seen hundreds of "shooting stars" in our lifetimes.

I'm not referring to shooting stars, I'm referring to "fireballs", do you understand they are recognized as being different?

Fireballs:

A fireball is an unusually large and bright meteor. To be considered a fireball, the meteor must be at least as bright as Venus. This exceptional brightness is usually a result of a large meteoroid - possibly a few meters in diameter upon entering Earth's atmosphere. When fireballs occur over populated areas the can generate a large amount of attention.

Some fireballs produce an audible noise, some shed smaller meteors, some are accompanied by sonic booms and some leave a trail that remains visible for several minutes after passing. The large size of fireball meteoroids give them a much higher chance of surviving their fall through the atmosphere and striking Earth's surface.

Shooting Stars:

Meteors are most often seen as a very brief streak of light in the night sky. They typically occur and disappear so quickly that you wonder if you actually saw them. These streaks of light are commonly called “shooting stars” or “falling stars”.

edit on 19-4-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: (no reason given)

Link on fireballs vs shooting stars
edit on 19-4-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Thanks to the others for your comments.

Do I think we are actually seeing more videos now of fireballs due to increasing ownership smart phone cameras and dash cams? Definitely.

However, like I said above, fireballs have almost always been reported in the news because they are sensational, even back before all this tech in the 70's and 80's, and the news loves sensational stories, and even reports of them used to be extremely rare, and this would be harder for you to gauge if you are under 35, but you will be better able to compare the frequency of these reports back in the 70's and 80's to now if you are over 40 or 50.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The frequency of reports during the 70's and 80's weren't as widespread because technology wasn't what it is now. There were only about 13 channels on TV compared to the 100s now. Most people heard about the news via the newspaper, word of mouth or local evening news.
I saw a fireball streak across the sky when I was a teenager, I told my friends and family about it but if that happened with today's technology I could have probably snapped a picture or caught a video with my smartphone then uploaded it to the internet. Back then it wasn't a possibility.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex

originally posted by: Char-Lee
.... (we are not talking falling stars here)

What do you mean?

The same thing you refer to as "falling stars" is likely what is being seen in these "fireball" videos, except the distance makes them appear differently. Of course it is going to look much more dramatic when you get to see it close up.

I am sure you know what I mean....

Anyone can sit outside on a nice night and see dozens of "falling stars'.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join