It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Procrastination.... Looking for advice to help correct this problem I have

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

No, there is a difference between lazy and procrastination although they overlap. I think true procrastination is just really poor time management. You can be quite busy and productive, but through bad time management, you let some of your tasks sit until the last minute.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537
i sure there is a difference, but theyre similar, i thought a negative association with a problem helps.(you might have guessed i'm not a psychologist)
by the sounds of it,i dont think youre lazy.

but like i said, i dont think theres any kind of cure.
just get on with it.
or do it later.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I procrastinate all the time and find myself saying "I really need to..." so i had a creativity spark and decided to make a sticker chart. I wrote down a bunch of things I really need to do and every time i get it done i give myself a sticker. after seven stickers I get to roll the dice which will lead to a random reward (the number on the die corresponds to a number on the list of rewards) The tasks can be small such as making your bed in the morning or large such as cleaning the bathroom. I also have "Get a compliment" as a task to motivate me to take better care of myself. For rewards I have a bunch of things I like to do but don't do often like go to the zoo or grab a milkshake or go on a shopping spree or even take a leisure drive around town. You can also have specific rewards for each task but I like the randomness of it (I have a major accomplishment reward list and a minor accomplishment reward list) The incentive of a simple sticker is way better than i have ever thought. This week I have to drink 2L of water a day, do 25 crunches, 10 minutes of dumbbells (I'm trying to lose weight), read a book, make my bed, clean out the fish tanks, wake up at 730 every morning, and do the dishes. The beauty of the system is that you DON'T have to do the tasks but if you do you get rewarded. Its either you get a sticker or you don't there's no obligations toward it, but yet it motivated me to the point that I am going to the zoo tomorrow, I went clothes shopping today and had a milkshake yesterday. My sticker chart is probably more complicated than yours but that's just a reflection of my personality. Hope this helps!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I am the same way especially in school. What I had to do and its still hard sometimes as I have 2 emails I have to send and I keep forgetting to do it. But as you get home or even after dinner or whatever just do it, its in your mind you have to force yourself to start it. It sucks but you do that a few times and it's not a huge deal. But its just forcing yourself to do that stuff.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Afternoon,

A solution to procrastination?
I have only two words for that:

"DO it."

-Peace-

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Breaking this cycle is really difficult, there are lots of tricks but it basically comes down to a willingness to create routines which lead to forming habits over time... it's a process and one that you have to structure in such a way that brings a benefit, otherwise it won't stick. Best of luck - ETA: actually, it doesn't take luck - just a good plan and the stubborness to follow it, until it becomes what you do. Cheers.
edit on 19-4-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join