It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird flu/cold in South Carolina, who else got this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
A number of people here have recently come down with a weird flulike virus (I guess its a virus). The symptoms were all identical. The headaches started and then about a week later, 2 days/nights of super high fever, mainly at night , freezing cold at the same time, and massive night sweating, I mean massive. The fever didn't last long, maybe 2 days, felt like my face was burning my eyes out, woke up with purple bags under my eyes. No nausea, no diarrhea but cold as heck even while sweating (miserable). Then the headaches and dizziness continued and those lasted for 2 weeks. I know 8 people who suffered identical symptoms. I thought I was having a diabetic issue, my friend got a cat scan lol because of the dizziness. I am just curious if anyone else has/had this recently. Everyone was sort of relieved when they found out others had the same things going on . Anyone get this or know what it was? The doctors my friends went to didn't have a clue and that's why my one friend had a cat scan, because his dr was clueless that lots of people had or were having this happen.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Second Wave of 'Milder Flu' Making Rounds
The official flu season is past, but now we have the 'second lighter version' wave going around.
Especially in the mid atlantic and north east.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: lotusfoot
My daughter had those symptoms you described but hers only lasted a few days.
The strange thing is the fever hit her at night sweating profusely during the day she was fine but with a headache, then it happened again a couple days later same thing and has been fine since.
This was back in February.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
my father got sick and it lasted for about a month and half. high fever felt tried and dizzy, coughed constantly and chest and nasal congestion. and all but lost his voice. you could hardly hear him.

he finally went to the doctor and the doc said it wasn't the flu it was a virus but didn't put a name to it. he cave him some antibiotics, and told him to use Robitussin expectorant. even then it took two weeks to clear up and he says he is still coughing up junk out of his lungs.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22
Yep, same here. The headache lasted for me a couple of weeks, I just thought it was so weird, Ive never had that type of thing happen.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Seea reply to: lotusfoot

It's not flu. Flu is a respiratory illness. Not just headache
You had some bad ass virus for sure but not the flu. Wrong symptoms.
I hope you're feeling better now.
Others here are describing flu like symptoms but not what you had.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
We have to be tested for what we have since we have a middle kid with a liver transplant .. she is in a lifelong study and on numerous immunosuppressants. We got sick.. we is my husband, me, and our youngest. It was Influenza B and though its milder, its MISERABLE
The husband got a secondary infection in one of his lungs and bronchitis. We got lucky and caught it right at the end of the season and for the holidays. Go us...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Our 1 yr old son had fever for 5 days, runny nose, congested and throwing up. This was just last week. When it started out it was the classic symptoms of teething so we weren't alarmed but when the fevers started progressing to 103* and lasting for days we went to doc, after several visits and tests all they came up with was some kind of viral thing no name though. My 6 yr old daughter had the similar symptoms for 2 days only but the rest of us nothing.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I see your at Surfside Beach

that place is just north of the Garden City edge/end of Murrells Inlet...
the prevailing winds have been altered for the last couple weeks....

which could mean that airborne 'stuff' that normally went to the ocean has been wafting your direction

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Take massive doses of vitamin C folks! With serious infections like this your bowel tolerance can increase to 200 gms/24 hrs. See Bowel tolerance

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It makes you wonder if with the "I don't know what it is - but some kind of virus" comments they pass this onto the CDC. They likely don't unless people die. If unidentified illnesses are prolonged I think they should look more closely because it's telling us the immune system isn't able to adapt in a timely manner. I've seen threads on here about stuff that lingers for several weeks or longer. Maybe it isn't as widespread as they would need it to be.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'll ask my doctor if he's had any unusual cases he's seen this year.
If it's anything unusual I'll let you know.
I do remember one year we were deployed in Japan,
I woke up one morning with a headache from hell. Not just a headache it was like my head was in a vise and someone was squeezing my head. I was dizzy and nauseous until I could take no more and went to the er
I was sitting in the waiting room there must have been at least 20 people in there, someone brought up the reason for being in the er. Everyone there was for exactly the same thing even the dr and nurses were perplexed at what was going on. Two days later my husband had to go to the hospital for the same symptoms, never did find out the reason for the outbreak of headaches it was really strange.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Here in Indiana, there is something wicked bad, just like you said a really high fever for a couple of days, and the coughing has lingered, and sounds horrible, my kid, ol' man, and I all had it. I was the luckiest of the three. The dizzieness was pretty bad the first few days.

According to my doctor, Strep is pretty bad right now. But what ever it is, I feel for anyone who gets it.
edit on 19-4-2014 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Chemtrails and heavy spray days usually coincide
with this type of illness ive seen here in the west.
just my opinion though

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: thepolish1
I also live in Indiana and have been feeling dizzy and sick for the last week. My mother had the same symptoms except worse. She's been randomly getting extremely dizzy lately, and we've both been running fevers. I had a slight cough, but she didn't really have one.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
my father got sick and it lasted for about a month and half. high fever felt tried and dizzy, coughed constantly...
he finally went to the doctor and the doc said it wasn't the flu it was a virus but didn't put a name to it. He gave him some antibiotics...

Are doctors still doing this???
Antibiotics don't kill a virus/viral infections! Only bacterial ones!
That's why they aren't supposed to just give out antibiotics indiscriminately!!!
Unless he was trying to prevent pneumonia or something, but even at that, with a virus...
More than likely, he was covering his posterior, in case he was wrong about it being viral!!!
Probably would have had the same results with just the expectorant!!!
Taking Vitamin C & Echinacea would probably have had better results!
WOQ

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

i thought it kinda strange too. especially when he didn't put any kinda of name to it.
but within the two weeks that the script was written for he started to get better.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Very similar to the virus that came through my family. A very persistent bug that lasted a month. Went from flu-like symptoms to bad sinus cold.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
My wife and I have it and it's been grinding us both down for over a week now. I have no idea where we got it, but I do know that she works as research support (admin) at one of the biggest Children's Hospitals in the Midwest, and she's had all the vaccines and all the precautions that come with that sort of job. No one else that we know has it. It's like nothing I've ever experienced. It fakes you out, as if it's all done making you miserable, only to then come roaring back and knock you right on your back again. I've never been so sick and in so much pain from a virus in my life.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Up by me we've had some late cases of flu. On top of that we've been seeing strep and norovirus hitting the schools pretty hard right now. Then of course with the inconsistent weather we're seeing a lot of sinus infections.

top topics

join