It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 flares incoming. Auroras predicted. High mag quakes in next 72 hours?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

This CME could deliver a glancing blow to Earth's magnetic field on April 20-21. Two or three minor CMEs traveling ahead of this one are expected to arrive on April 19-20, and the combined impacts could generate geomagnetic activity throughout the weekend. NOAA forecasters put the odds of a geomagnetic storm at 55% on Saturday, increasing to 75% on Sunday. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras.

Source

I have come to associate high magnitude quakes with solar flares and geomagnetic storms. I don't pretend to be an expert on this, but I have noticed a pattern. If I am wrong feel free to tell me why.

I posted this not to alarm but to perhaps learn more from those who know. Should we be more watchful?
edit on 19-4-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
if the flares are electromagnetic and charged in a direction then they must pull on the massive big blob of molten iron in the the earths core so maybe that bang on the plates and gives you an earth quake.

I would not have a clue how big the flares would need to be to have any effect but I don't think you need too much energy to move metal in a sea of liquid molten rock and the Iron is heaver than the rock surrounding it but if i am right then please cut me in on the billions of $$$ you get from this theory.
edit on 19-4-2014 by VirusGuard because: Dropped some Iron on my toe and it hurts

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This time doesn't look too bad, I didn't see the speed on the M7 CME so can't tell if it is going to crowd the other CMEs. This time of the year is always more prone to quakes, after the start of spring and fall. The fall is more prone to severe weather and the weather effects the plates. Maybe the extra energy from the CMEs at this time of year adjuvate the cycle of the earth, but they don't cause it from what I can see.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

It would seem to me the centrifugal force generated by an electric motor way supersedes any forces that act upon the electromagnetic field generated by the motor.

I think Earth Tectonics are more affected by pressure from within the planet in the form of heat and magma pushing on the plates than any EMF generated by the Sun.

The planet rumbles from within.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

This CME could deliver a glancing blow to Earth's magnetic field on April 20-21. Two or three minor CMEs traveling ahead of this one are expected to arrive on April 19-20, and the combined impacts could generate geomagnetic activity throughout the weekend. NOAA forecasters put the odds of a geomagnetic storm at 55% on Saturday, increasing to 75% on Sunday. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras.

Source

I have come to associate high magnitude quakes with solar flares and geomagnetic storms. I don't pretend to be an expert on this, but I have noticed a pattern. If I am wrong feel free to tell me why.

I posted this not to alarm but to perhaps learn more from those who know. Should we be more watchful?

You must have found something very special cause the real experts say no...

Please show or tell about it.

The sun doesn't cause earthquakes

But there are those who have been suggesting — for quite some time, actually — that earthquakes can be triggered or strengthened by solar activity; that, in fact, exceptionally powerful solar flares, coronal mass ejections, and other outpourings from our home star can cause the planet’s crust to shift, shake, and shudder.

Except that that’s simply not true — at least, not according to a recent study by researchers from the USGS.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

I have come to associate high magnitude quakes with solar flares and geomagnetic storms. I don't pretend to be an expert on this, but I have noticed a pattern.

Me too. A pattern, not direct cause and effect, but systemic cascade effect?

F&S&

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Wish that it were my field of study, sigh, but I can link this current reference to Bob Johnson who seems to associate solar winds etc with tectonic uplifting, mountain building.

edit on 19-4-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

(Reuters) - An earthquake with a magnitude 7.5 struck off Papua New Guinea on Saturday and a tsunami warning was briefly issued for the Pacific Island nation and neighboring Solomon Islands, but there were no immediate reports of damage. The quake, at a depth of 10 km (6 miles), struck 68 km southwest of Panguna on the island of Bougainville, the U.S. Geological Survey said, revising down the magnitude from an initial 7.8. The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center later cancelled a tsunami warning for Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands and there was no threat to neighboring Australia or across the Pacific Ocean. At least six strong tremors have hit near Bougainville in the past week or so, including a magnitude 7.3 on April 11, but there have been no reports of major damage. "Certainly it has been very active, more active than usual,"

www.reuters.com...

Strange coincidence?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

Not really, that area has been very active prior to the solar flare.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper was.

Yes it was. However a 7.5 is a large magnitude regardless of whatever location, which was the point I was trying to offer for examination.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Its hard to tell online, but that was sarcasm.

I know the earth and suns magnetic fields interact. More intensely so with coronal mass ejections.

top topics

join