It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers find 3-million-year-old landscape beneath Greenland Ice Sheet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: snarky412

The finding provides strong evidence that the Greenland Ice Sheet has persisted much longer than previously known, enduring through many past periods of global warming.

This stands out to me.

What this implys is that we are experiencing a natural cycle and it has nothing to do with manmade, AND we are approaching an ice age.

I'm 48 and I can remember back in school, they taught about the Earth's many changes throughout the years and how over time, it will continue to evolve/change.....whether humans are here or not

Looong before global warming was even a twinkle in Al Gore's eyes

Not sure what they teach the kids now, but it's not all Man's fault
Some it it yeah, especially as consumers get more demanding for products, hence more production
Not to mention the controversial fracking, which some scientists believe may cause tremors in prone areas

Oh don't get me wrong, humans do cause damage to Mother Earth -- YES --

But to think that we can control the Earth from doing what it has done for millions of years --change/evolve-- that is just plain arrogance!!

edit on 19-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I kind of fear what microbes are down there in that "virginal" 2.7 million year old soil? We are on the verge of such an amazing amount of Sci-Fi movie fodder its mind boggling!

HA.....you sound like my husband
He said the same damn thing when I showed him the article

Knowing there may be scientists out there that will try to recreate/bring back to life, an ancient organism, not knowing if it's harmful to humans or not....not knowing if there are meds that can treat us if a worse case scenario ever were to happen

Guess we need to cut back on our sci-fi movies.............NOT

edit on 20-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join