It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Corporate Military Contracts? Subsidized to death?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Ok...........do Americans realize just how many corporations in our country rely on military contracts and basically the US war machine? As an avid outdoorsman it just blows my mind how many US companies especially outdoor companies are getting in or have gotten in on the lucrative government military contracts. I mean geez.....I just bought a pair of Darn Tough wool socks and they now supply to the military. Patagonia sold out a long time ago and has been providing military apparel for the past 10+ years to the military and US Spec Ops in the PCU system. I mean on the one hand I get it, our troops have and deserve the best equipment we can provide them. But this just adds to the fact how much the US economy is subsidized by the government nowadays and how so much of corporate America depends on that $600+ billion defense budget.

Here is just a list of companies that are now in on the system off the top of my head:
(Oh and this list doesn't count companies that really only market to law enforcement, military, tactical etc.)
Nike
Outdoor Research
Patagonia
New Balance
Salomon footwear
Beyond Clothing
Eureka
Gerber
Benchmade
CamelBak
Kelty
Black Diamond
Petzl
Darn Tough wool socks
Oakley
MSR
Coleman

Just a few off the top of my head.
I was surprised to see New Balance.

edit on 19-4-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Haven't you heard about our new government. We are officially an Oligarchy. We are here to serve and enrich corporations. Pay their taxes and supply their slaves.

It does matter how I feel about this or how I vote anymore.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

But this just adds to the fact how much the US economy is subsidized by the government nowadays and how so much of corporate America depends on that $600+ billion defense budget. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Brings new meaning to welfare state!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I wonder if getting that big military contract is the green light to fleece the taxpayers by raising their prices?
Think about everything an army would need from ink pens to toilet paper, office furniture to diesel fuel.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I bet these corporations get more of our money than we spend helping the poor. I bet much of this expense is unnecessary too. Selling to the government means you make more profits, they pay better than any other business would. This is a whole other world when bidding a government job, you low ball it then add in lots more later. It is one of the most deceptive practices in this country. If you bid something, it should not require extra costs. This happens on the lower end because it is what is supplying the big corporations with lots of profits. An honest man bids it right and loses the bid...they are teaching us to be dishonest. I did not like to bid those kinds of jobs.

new topics

top topics

join