It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden Calls BS On Putin's Answer: Says He Was Playing The Role Of Ron Wyden

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I think the Jefferson-Adams gang would have "mounted up" Regulators style, a long time ago. At the inception of the federal reserve, or when they confiscated our gold, or some other milestone.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 13th Zodiac
Why should anyone want to hang a hero for making sure we know who is spying on us because I cannot see your logic ?

The people that need hanging are those behind the 9/11 false flag who just so happen to be the same people that are spying on you.

Yes I come across our agents might get killed because he opened is gob and lets forget all the lives he could have saved by speaking out.

Might, Could and maybe does not change the fact that the USA was caught spying on people across the world, this is not legal and will damage the might of the all american software giants for years to come.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Davian

Snowden himself has now directly called Putin out for lying about Russian surveillance, and said that his question was designed to act similar to Senator Ron Wyden's now famous question to James Clapper, leading to Clapper's lie, which (in part) sparked Snowden's decision to finally release the files he'd been collecting.

Did anyone believe Putin anyway?
He has lied before and don't ATSers maintain as a matter of "fact" that every politician lies all the time about everything?

He is former KGB and rules with an iron fist, yet we "needed" someone (whether Snowdon or not) to tell us Putin spies??

C'mon.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

I don't care about the NSA protecting US national security. I'm not naive, and that is their job after all.

The quote in the sig below and a couple of minutes in any search engine tells me otherwise...

“The NSA claiming its spying to foil terror is a bald-faced lie,” Lendman said in an interview on Wednesday. The claims are “absolutely false,” he said. “I have proved it myself in my own writings over a number of years.” The American activist said the NSA spying “is not about foiling terrorism. It’s about control. It’s about dominance at home. It’s about ending personal privacy.” acenewsservices.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Oh, the irony! Hope Ed is enjoying living in his new home. Since he is no longer welcome in the US. And it's just so rich that a piece of work like Snowden is trying to cast aspersions on a piece of work like Putin. People say that Snowden is a hero. People say that Snowden is a traitor. Ed Snowden really is a thief and a coward. Nothing more. He could have accomplished a lot, when he DECIDED to commit the crime, maybe he did feel he had some sort of "moral" calling to rip of f the decent citizens of the US. I just wish I could use what's in the envelope that's sitting on my desk. It's cash I've set aside for a kegger for when Ed "disappears" forever. Ed Snowden. Thief, coward and apparently, as stupid as a box of rocks. I'm glad he's bad mouthing Vlad. Vlad has everything that was on the PC's Ed ripped off. Vlad will shut Ed up in a heartbleed! and nobody will miss him. Thank's Vlad!
Do the right thing. Now that you have all that great intel, put Ed on a plane and send him home. I'm sure having Snowden in custody that his Majesty, president without porfolio of the SEIU will just LOVE having to deal with that in the waning days of his useless administration. What I don't get? People can look at Vlad and Ed standing side by side, but only see one pile of excrement, when they should see two big steaming ones!

edit on 4192014 by tencap77 because: spelling/content

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Snowdon will be used as a useful idiot for the forceable future

While in the hands of Russia we can be assured so embody has there hand firmly up his arse

I do actually take note tho however of what he says as it always portrays what Russia wants the western world and the US public to think of there government, it is the only way Russia can seek to destabilise her enemy, use if these idiots to alert more idiots while distracting them from the real games being played out of. "Clash of empires"

This new Snowdon buzz only goes to discredit Putin, but ultimately makes him look good

Snowdon is clearly now involved in Russian anti west Propaganda... It couldn't be anymore obvious
edit on 19-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Helious

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: Davian

Snowden is flapping in the wind like a paper bag. I don't buy what he is trying to sell anymore. He is a traitor. I supported him and what he was doing. I did find it sketchy him hiding out in Russia and then you add him cuddling up with Putin and you get a big pile of traitor.

He can try and spin this a 1000 ways from Tuesday I see the truth.

You don't have to "buy what he's selling". You don't have to do anything and what you think is of very little importance. What is of major importance is that before Snowden, the majority of Americans would have NEVER thought the federal government was as wildly out of control, lawless and in violation of our guaranteed rights. You can say he is a traitor, you can say you see the truth, your full of it.

You see nothing and so did hundreds of thousands of other Americans until he spelled it out for you. Your self righteous condemnation in the face of truth is appalling and quite frankly, a little sickening.

Next time you out the biggest affront to 300 million US citizens and their God given and guaranteed Constitutional rights, let me know.
The fact that everyone now knows was the point of "inventing" Edward Snowden. Do you see anyone in everyday life changing anything they do? With the release of the supposedly Earth-shattering information he divulged, people still buy smartphones, use Facebook and buy every electronic gadget they can get their hands on. Snowden's revelations have done nothing other than to indoctrinate everyone into the surveillance state and little is being done about it. Now liberals are fully behind it because we have a liberal president, who they will go to their graves defending, justifying and defending the spying. When it happened under Bush they were screaming about it. Snowden is a "false prophet". He exists to indoctrinate the masses - not wake them up. He exists to force people to keep their thoughts to themselves and to expose others. He is a manchurian candidate.
edit on 90138Saturdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 90239Saturdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
a reply to: 13th Zodiac
Why should anyone want to hang a hero for making sure we know who is spying on us because I cannot see your logic ?

First off Bright spark, it is not me, that would hang him.I have no interest in him what so ever. So don't twist what I am saying.The American Government is who would like to do that, under the guise of traitor .Yes ? No ?
Russia gave him santuary, and this is his way of saying thanks? If true and I emphisize , if true? They should send the ingrate back. Fair, Yes/No ? No one could be that stupid, so I don't trust what is being said.
If you read my comments, I said, the footage seemed like a mash up.So Point out where anything I said is wrong or offensive.This time read what I said, not what you Think I said.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I guess one has to admire Snowden's courage but he aught to take the advice of the Buddhist in there concept of skillful means.
Or he might end up in a US prison for life. Whatever Putin is to Snowden he has saved him; if I were him I would be grateful and quiet

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Well, that is not my problem in this context.

This is an obligation for the US citizens to sort out... or deal with the consequences.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Snowden deserves nothing less than a round right between the eyes. Probably a bunch of people would volunteer to pull the trigger. I wouldn't have any problems doing it.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The distrust and questioning of Snowden's motives and allegiances fits the conspiracy in conspiracy in conspiracy analytic nature of this site and its members but it is always true that no one likes to be told the truth, not even so-called or self-proclaimed 'truth-seekers.'

No doubt in my mind that he lacks credibility with some simply because he is not behind bars or dead. Although it is hard to believe he isn't, I think he isn't because making him a martyr would validate his cause and TPTB don't like the unknown anymore than we do. The EU nations didn't want to gamble his hand but of course Russia has nothing to lose. However, Snowden certainly plays with fire in his latest chess move. I wouldn't be surprised if finds his asylum is not renewed.

Disinformation and destroying Snowden's credibility is more effective than jail or death at this point. I truly believe some here on ATS are paid a salary to participate in those methods or fancy themselves as such.

I believe he believes in his proclaimed cause and I, perhaps naively think he did do all of this on his own. I don't believe he is a staged puppet, although he is and will be used by any and all he comes in contact with. Is he part of an extremist 'patriot' group? Possibly. A Russian spy? No.

IMHO Snowden is a genius chess player who is buying his time while the machine figures out how to beat him and it will at some point. He knows it too. But, in his own words, he has already accomplished his mission. Now is just fighting off the vultures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join