It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden Calls BS On Putin's Answer: Says He Was Playing The Role Of Ron Wyden

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Snowden himself has now directly called Putin out for lying about Russian surveillance, and said that his question was designed to act similar to Senator Ron Wyden's now famous question to James Clapper, leading to Clapper's lie, which (in part) sparked Snowden's decision to finally release the files he'd been collecting.

So there you have it folks, Snowden is no traitor.

On Thursday, I questioned Russia's involvement in mass surveillance on live television. I asked Russia's president, Vladimir Putin, a question that cannot credibly be answered in the negative by any leader who runs a modern, intrusive surveillance program: "Does [your country] intercept, analyse or store millions of individuals' communications?"

I went on to challenge whether, even if such a mass surveillance program were effective and technically legal, it could ever be morally justified.

The question was intended to mirror the now infamous exchange in US Senate intelligence committee hearings between senator Ron Wyden and the director of national intelligence, James Clapper, about whether the NSA collected records on millions of Americans, and to invite either an important concession or a clear evasion. (See a side-by-side comparison of Wyden's question and mine here.)

Clapper's lie – to the Senate and to the public – was a major motivating force behind my decision to go public, and a historic example of the importance of official accountability.

Read more...

This is why I believe all heads of state and world leaders are in on it together. Question it as you may, and I respect you for doing so, I do not believe there is any question that there is a massive international conspiracy against the people. Of all nations.
Snowden may be on his way to uncovering it.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Davian

Snowden is flapping in the wind like a paper bag. I don't buy what he is trying to sell anymore. He is a traitor. I supported him and what he was doing. I did find it sketchy him hiding out in Russia and then you add him cuddling up with Putin and you get a big pile of traitor.

He can try and spin this a 1000 ways from Tuesday I see the truth.
edit on 19-4-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Babyface Snowden sure has cojones!!
I hope he thought this through and knows where he sleeps at night...

I wish my Government had half his courage, and would finally grant him asylum here... but alas the cowards are scared the CIA would try to ice him on German territory.
edit on 19-4-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Snowden is flapping in the wind like a paper bag. I don't buy what he is trying to sell anymore. He is a traitor. I supported him and what he was doing. I did find it sketchy him hiding out in Russia and then you add him cuddling up with Putin and you get a big pile of traitor.

You don't have to "buy what he's selling". You don't have to do anything and what you think is of very little importance. What is of major importance is that before Snowden, the majority of Americans would have NEVER thought the federal government was as wildly out of control, lawless and in violation of our guaranteed rights. You can say he is a traitor, you can say you see the truth, your full of it.

You see nothing and so did hundreds of thousands of other Americans until he spelled it out for you. Your self righteous condemnation in the face of truth is appalling and quite frankly, a little sickening.

Next time you out the biggest affront to 300 million US citizens and their God given and guaranteed Constitutional rights, let me know.
edit on 19-4-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Putin should send him back to the U.S, so they can hang him then.Talk about bites the hand that feeds him. However this Snowden/Putin thing seems like a fake mash up.Looks like two seperate things spliced together.So who knows and who cares anyway.Worlds still turning.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 13th Zodiac
Putin should send him back to the U.S, so they can hang him then.Talk about bites the hand that feeds him. However this Snowden/Putin thing seems like a fake mash up.Looks like two seperate things spliced together.So who knows and who cares anyway.Worlds still turning.

You think Snowden should be hung? If so, may I ask why exactly you think that?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Let me get a couple of things straight........I am against NSA spying also I am against controlled opposition. Snowden just like Glenn Beck and all of fox news is controlled opposition.

So many people buy into things without thinking it threw. What good has come from Snowden? Seriously what good.

If this man was a true patriot it would not be playing out this way. It is all a lie. And the sheep still eat it up.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I wish you posted more.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

This nation was founded by the type of Traitor Snowden is.

The type that dispute faced with overwhelming odds, and at great personal risk.

Does what he views is right, and stands for what he viewed as a great wrong.

If this country wasn't so sick, he would be getting the Nobel, well the last few administrations should be tried at the Hague.
edit on 19-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: benrl

What do you think the odds are Jefferson or Adams would have ran and hid in the face of danger. Jefferson he is not.

And for anyone who has not seen my posts I am pro liberty and anti progressive.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davian

Snowden himself has now directly called Putin out for lying about Russian surveillance, and said that his question was designed to act similar to Senator Ron Wyden's now famous question to James Clapper, leading to Clapper's lie, which (in part) sparked Snowden's decision to finally release the files he'd been collecting.

So there you have it folks, Snowden is no traitor.

On Thursday, I questioned Russia's involvement in mass surveillance on live television. I asked Russia's president, Vladimir Putin, a question that cannot credibly be answered in the negative by any leader who runs a modern, intrusive surveillance program: "Does [your country] intercept, analyse or store millions of individuals' communications?"

I went on to challenge whether, even if such a mass surveillance program were effective and technically legal, it could ever be morally justified.

The question was intended to mirror the now infamous exchange in US Senate intelligence committee hearings between senator Ron Wyden and the director of national intelligence, James Clapper, about whether the NSA collected records on millions of Americans, and to invite either an important concession or a clear evasion. (See a side-by-side comparison of Wyden's question and mine here.)

Clapper's lie – to the Senate and to the public – was a major motivating force behind my decision to go public, and a historic example of the importance of official accountability.

Read more...

This is why I believe all heads of state and world leaders are in on it together. Question it as you may, and I respect you for doing so, I do not believe there is any question that there is a massive international conspiracy against the people. Of all nations.
Snowden may be on his way to uncovering it.

Of course they are all in on it together. Don't you remember reading Behold a Pale Horse by William Cooper?
The Russians and the Americans and Chinese meet underneath the Arctic Ice Caps and Dock in an air lock where they meet and pass each other the next steps in the playbook!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

a reply to: benrl

What do you think the odds are Jefferson or Adams would have ran and hid in the face of danger. Jefferson he is not.

He stood alone.

and faced the risk, he had to flee his home to ensure his survival.

People, when they buck the current POWERS get labeled traitors, its always that simple.

There are larger issues though that he brought up, that FAR surpass anything HE did.

The moral deficit in this matter lies on the state, not the man that brought it to light.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Let me get a couple of things straight........I am against NSA spying also I am against controlled opposition. Snowden just like Glenn Beck and all of fox news is controlled opposition.

So many people buy into things without thinking it threw. What good has come from Snowden? Seriously what good.

If this man was a true patriot it would not be playing out this way. It is all a lie. And the sheep still eat it up.

You just mentioned Snowden, Glenn Beck and Fox News all in one sentence, implying that informing Americans they are being spied on by their own government is somehow a partisan trick and anybody buying into it is a dullard.

Do you have any grasp on actual knowledge? Have you taken in all that has happened or been learned since the Snowden leaks or are you just talking out of the back side of a few beers. I hope it's the beers because making a real tyrannical action by federal government into some type of partisan witch hunt is unbecoming of a real argument.
edit on 19-4-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I was on the fence also with Snowden and still am. Regardless if he was a plant by one CIA or Russia, we now know the level and scope of the intrusion. Assuming of course it isn't worse. I share the same concern as you frankly, I always said "look, he lets it out in drips and drops so we can handle the pill better". We're being desensitized to this through the process of the 24hr news cycle. It prevent the anger from going over the top and by now most people are either ignorant to what it is or have just accepted it because it doesn't directly impact them.

As far as I'm concerned that concern is still valid. Further, when he came for his part of the Q&A, I literally threw up in my mouth. Than him calling Putin a liar raised an eyebrow also, could still all be part of the game. Simply reacting to the news early before it loses its effectiveness. People really should consider all angles, how else does he get so much TV and media time when it's controlled by those he is exposing? Not to mention people die fishing or find themselves in Cesna plane crashes for much less.

reply to: SubTruth

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Snowden, MY MAN!

I'm not sure what to make of all this. I haven't believed any conspiracy theories regarding him. However, it's crazy to me that he is "biting the hand that's [temporarily] feeding him". Which leads me to believe he is either fearless, has some cards up his sleeve, or Russia put him up to it to play psychological games (which they are the masters of)

During the height of the cold war, US had plenty of spies/ears everywhere. They 'intercepted' plenty of secrets. Finding communist secrets was a huge goal for the feds. The KGB used a completely different tactic. They play head games. They knew that intercepting a secret was only temporarily useful and playing the spy game wasn't the best strategy. They played psychological games to terrify and instill fear into America that broke the confidence and stride of the whole populace. This shifted the whole mentality of the nation into a state of paranoia. The effects are still with us today.

You never know, they could simply be trying to infer that they may or may not have their hands in the surveillance game. But, I'm going to maintain that Snowden just has huge balls and has enough dirt encrypted in various spots to keep him alive for the time being.
edit on 19-4-2014 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I want to believe in this man......I love liberty and everything the founding fathers gave to us. Something is sketchy with all of this and he looks like a lair because of it.

Another poster compared him to the founding fathers of the US.............He is not even playing in the same league. These men stood there collective ground and were willing to die for what they believed in.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

What........have you seen my posts before regarding liberty. I think the spying program is against the constitution and just because I don't buy into the Snowden crap does not mean I am for it.

Your posts kinda proves how this guy could be used as controlled dissent just like I was saying. And Yes FOX news is controlled dissent and CNN is on the other side of the same coin.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

a reply to: Rosinitiate

Another poster compared him to the founding fathers of the US.............He is not even playing in the same league. These men stood there collective ground and were willing to die for what they believed in.

Clearly Snowden is willing to die for what he believes in. I just don't think he is/was too enthused about rotting in a cell.

The founding fathers had a place to go. Snowden didn't, he worked with what he had. (Although, I don't think comparing him to founding fathers is entirely accurate)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I honestly don't know what to think of Snowden.

1 - Is he a kid who got all turned around with basically good ideas? (who spent many years at CIA and NSA, separately as an employee, before becoming the contractor he ended as) If that's the case...I feel for him. He's so far out in the cold now, he's getting frostbite without knowing it. If he is what he seems to be, he might really tone down the tweaking Putin too. He responds real poorly, as public record shows, to criticism. His critics also respond real poorly to his reactions. (demonstrations of gravity or nuclear physics are just ugly)

2 - Is he someone who flipped in a modern Falcon/Snowman story and went to his new home, by plan? There is some evidence which isn't helpful to him. The way the Chinese changed hardware across their infrastructure while he was still in Hong Kong and months before the public would learn why that had to be done. I thought the Chinese never had any quality Q/A with the lad? There is also the fact SVR and Kremlin offices actually went to typewriters for a period (if they aren't still on them for some things) after Snowden vanished off into the ether of an Airport pod or whatever those things are. Likewise, well before the public saw what made such an odd ball thing not only logical, but an urgent requirement.

3 - Scariest answer for everyone, given the people we currently have running US Intelligence......he's still very much working for Never Saw Anything, and playing Chess against a man (Putin) who was mastering the game in his late teens, when the cold war was still frosty.

If the latter here is what's happening...well..the Soviets just outright redefined the concept of brutal when they really cared about someone or something...and Putin has more years as a loyal Professional Soviet than he does a 'New Russian'.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: introV

Bottom line is many posters in this thread are for the same things......Liberty,Freedom,Privacy. It all comes down to the men that we put faith in to uphold these values.

Can you put faith in someone who acts like this? I can not. Oops just kidding I was really calling him out is sketchy. I want my role models and leaders to be above that. We need men like Jefferson,Adams,King to lead us out of this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join