It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why weren’t the Right-Wing there when the gov attacked the left and black liberation movement ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

My reply to this question is where are all the civil disobedience of the 60s that are now in and around the administration? Or out in the world? Where are all the folks that complained about dogs and water hoses and sitting in the back of the bus?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

This 'sonny boy" is 63 years old....sonny boy. LOL.

If you selective memory can be rebooted, you'd recall that JFK is the first president to cut individual income tax by 25%.(there's numerous video/tapes of JFK stating that leaving the money in private sector hands benefitted the economy far more than taxing it.)

By the way, I see you completely ignore YOUR responsibilities as you target the "right's".

I gather your an old "hippy" with your fixation on Vietnam.

Keep doing your doobies and that single issue long since past. If you were even a little understanding, you'd acknowledge both sides have made mistakes over the decades which have lead to our current mess.

By the way, at least one million, I believe it's more like 2 million, died in Cambodia and Laos as a direct result of our leaving Vietnam. That is historical fact. So even that one isn't clear cut. If you want to target the Vietnam mess on anyone, be accurate! Johnson, Westmoreland and that bastard Kissinger is the correct evil trio to target, not loyal Americans that served, fought and died for their country. Spit on....sonny.

edit on 19-4-2014 by nwtrucker because: grammar error

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Because most people have only begin to start waking up now because the crappy road we are heading. Why bring up something so damn old.

Last time the Tea Party stood up to the Bush admin and the government due to bailouts. The leftists claimed that they were created because of a new black president.

The left is so controlled, brainwashed and partisan that they are far lost to discernment.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Have the left support Bundy then start talking.

Otherwise this thread is nothing but potty-poop!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Come talk to me about the right...after you fire these Idiots...

Though I have a feeling, the voters of America will fire quite of few of them come November...

Des

edit on 19-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: UziXxX

The guy got fired. What did you want him to be executed?
Fired by the LIBERAL MSNBC.

Anyway I agree both sides are often guilty of this.

But traditionally it has always been the left who have championed civil rights.

And for the exception of Ron and Rand sometimes, the right don’t usually give a dam.

Maybe you should look at the vote totals for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 before opening your bazoo...

By party[edit]
The original House version:[19]
Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)
Cloture in the Senate:[20]
Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
The Senate version:[19]
Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[19]
Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

Civil Rights Act of 1964

Of course, if this is not enough, then you might want to check on the party affiliation of the author of the Emancipation Proclamation...

And if that is not enough, then check this out...

On this date, the House overrode President Andrew Johnson’s veto of the Civil Rights Bill of 1866 with near unanimous Republican support, 122 to 41, marking the first time Congress legislated upon civil rights.

Yet, that might not be enough, so here you go...

The bill was proposed by Senator Sumner and co-sponsored by Representative Benjamin F. Butler, both Republicans from Massachusetts, in the 43rd Congress of the United States in 1870. The act was finally passed by Congress in February 1875 and signed into law by President Ulysses S. Grant on March 1, 1875.[4]

That enough for you sparky?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Maybe because I wasn't born then, and I regardless of what I think about it now. I wasn't in any position to do anything about it.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Oh I am not left, just sarcastic.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Why weren’t the Right-Wing there when the gov attacked the left and black liberation movement ?

Why weren't the Left-Wing there when the gov "attacked" the Bundy Cattle ?

The "Left" *Always* supports all those goody two shoe regulations, taxes, nazi style enforcements, ultra invasive laws, ultra-Kommie seizures and plundering, their Oh-So-Precious BIG "Protective" government etc. etc. etc.

And then have the absolute *Gall* to criticize individualism.

The Nerve !!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: totallackey

So what’s your point?

Everybody knows there use to be a lot of decent moderate republicans in the old days when the GOP had a soul.

Lyndon Johnson had to rely on many of them to get his civil rights bills through because the racists democrats of the south turned against him.

Most of those democrats then went to the GOP that’s why today they are at the vanguard of regressive politics.
Anti black, anti gay, anti immigration, anti union, anti native American, anti Islam, anti Arab, anti healthcare, anti civil rights for all, anti Europe, anti Russia, anti semetic, anti abortion, anti human, on and on and on and on.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sure we can support a rich guy on welfare. Well get him a lawyer.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Oh! I see know! You leftists need to put a qualifier or a label on someone before you'll help.

Right or wrong doesn't matter to the left.

Just YOUR version of right or wrong.
edit on 19-4-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

It's not old. Minorities are still being gunned down in the streets by police everyday.
There schools closed, their rights trampled on, etc...
All my point is that we always knew the government was oppressive for we have lived it for decades. You guys are new to this game.

WE TOLD YOU SO!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Hey look, I could go and get an army of the brothers and we could go out there and have a barbecue.

The only problem with that is that as soon as they see us
Then you can count on it they will start arresting and using violence.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Oh See

You completely misunderstood my question !!!!

I was asking why the "Left" weren't there to counter-demonstrate the Bundy supporters.

Why weren't they there to show support for the BLM efforts ?????

I guess the point blew right over your head eh.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Hey look, I could go and get an army of the brothers and we could go out there and have a barbecue.

The only problem with that is that as soon as they see us
Then you can count on it they will start arresting and using violence.

Yeah, standing up for your rights is hard.

Take a nap instead.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I wouldn’t ever support the government going after anybody to pay taxes…not me.

They have been in my bank account…

I have had the feds take my money and give it to the gov of my state!

I have no interest in helping them in that at all.

I doubt you see any progressive supporting the government on this one.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

The AA cause was and is the first group that had the guts to go against the government. And have led the way in civil disobedience as an example for other oppressed groups.

Get in the back of the lone you have just joined the cause.

You should be more humble and recognize that.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

So what’s your point?

Everybody knows there use to be a lot of decent moderate republicans in the old days when the GOP had a soul.

Lyndon Johnson had to rely on many of them to get his civil rights bills through because the racists democrats of the south turned against him.

Most of those democrats then went to the GOP that’s why today they are at the vanguard of regressive politics.
Anti black, anti gay, anti immigration, anti union, anti native American, anti Islam, anti Arab, anti healthcare, anti civil rights for all, anti Europe, anti Russia, anti semetic, anti abortion, anti human, on and on and on and on.

See? You do have some sense...

You do know what happened...

The only problem you still have is labeling...you use the word the "MODERATE," when describing the RIGHT thing to do...

It is not a MODERATE thing to do the RIGHT thing...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I am sure you have more sense than you are displaying

These terms are utilized in order to put things in perspective.

Nothing is literally true when describing a relative situation so the word moderate is only relative to radical right wing ideas.

In a given situation a moderate can become a radical and a radical can become a moderate.

Words, my friend, are only approximations of reality they can never describe reality in its entirety.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join