It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why weren’t the Right-Wing there when the gov attacked the left and black liberation movement ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The right doesn’t realize they are manipulated to hate the poor and minorities by masters of psychological warfare.

As I've explained in previous threads, this is pretty much the epitome of how misinformed people on the left are. They are so wrapped up in their own beliefs that they actually give into the conservative stereotype.

Don't get me wrong, right wingers aren't innocent either. Both sides have become ungodly polarized in recent years.
edit on 4/18/2014 by UziXxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UziXxX

Why don’t you deal with my arguments directly? Since it is you who is actually doing what you accuse me of doing.
Ironic isn’t it!

I offer arguments and can ably, and have defended then

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The right wing scream about Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Black people have had HUNDREDS of incidents in their communities where police have murdered innocent people.

They would have loved to have had all these human rights people come to their side.

Not just the liberals, but on principle, the conservatives too.

Now that would get the government in a fit.

MSNBC, Fox and CNN help the government maintain this polarization and what happens…nothing.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

a reply to: UziXxX

Why don’t you deal with my arguments directly? Since it is you who is actually doing what you accuse me of doing.
Ironic isn’t it!

I offer arguments and can ably, and have defended then

Because I don't necessarily 100% disagree with you.

I disagree with what your view of what conservatives are, but to be honest I don't really know much about conservatism pre 1980s. I know conservatism existed in the 1960s, but you have to take it with a grain of salt. Most of the country at the time was republican.

You also have to consider the time period. The baby boomers who were part of the peace movement back then were viewed as dirty hippies by the majority of society. While the war was unpopular, so was the anti-war movement. They were seen as pests, ect.

I'm not too familiar with the Chicago riots but in my opinion it depends on the case. If something like this were to happen today and there were government crack downs (in Chicago for example), some conservatives would simply point to it and say, "This is what happens when you have a city that is completely run by democrats. Look at how these people's rights are stomped on. Such is the nature of the left." ect ect.
edit on 4/18/2014 by UziXxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

If you are saying that the -right- and the -left- should join together against the "police" state, then perhaps now is the time to do so.

This big issue right now is in Bunkerville, Nevada.

How many "Left Wing" outfits will be there tomorrow?

Volunteers welcome.

Do you know any "Left Wing" organizations by name that are willing?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

your argument is mute.

The right wing did not take a stand against the government at ruby ridge! Furthermore the right wing didn't take a stand at Waco either.

In reality no one took a stand. There-in lies the problem. If the people had the balls to take a stand against an oppressive government perhaps the world we be a much different place now. Right or left shouldn't matter. All Americans should stand against tyranny.

Look at the stand you are taking now. Ask yourself are you on the right side? Is the B.L.M. right?

You might want to educate on what really happened in ruby-ridge , and in Waco. The government had no reason to involve themselves in either.

Why the hostility? Lighten up.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

The 1968 riots in Chicago (during the Democrat convention) had 10,000 "protesters" that started the violence on public property.

The 20,000+ police and Army were called up after the riots started.

The protesters were proven to be incited by people that later were convicted.

Nobody was killed.

This business in Nevada is the other way around.

The Federal authorities with guns were there first.

The "protesters" came with guns but no shots were fired.

edit on Apr-19-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

a reply to: txinfidel

We all need help with an abusive government. You can't do it yourself, any group is going to need allies.

America couldn't beat Germany without Russia. The 1776 Revolution had to have the French help in order to beat the British

Intelligent people have always tried to unite the left and right against the government but the right wing didn’t want to unite. It was ON THE SIDE OF THE GOVERNMENT THEN UNTIL IT STARTED TO BOTHER THEM!

Now the right wing understands this.

They didn’t budge when the gov suppressed movements of the left AND MINORITY RIGHT MOVEMNENTS.

Now you people see what we have been talking about and facing for decades

In simplest terms, I will not contest the "right" attribution.

But, the reason the "right" won't ally with the "left" against government overreach is because the "left" has been instrumental in the expansion of the nanny state. The "right" has been a proponent of the police state (at least post 911).

Both are wrong and neither can seem to come to grips with their ideological missteps, hence the standoff.

I think we have all grown up a bit so, I guess my question is, can we now agree to limit government?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

And correct me if wrong.

The BLA were a violent group that yielded many convictions for murder, bombings, robberies, hijackings etc. and landed many of them in prison.

What kind of "help" did they need?

Side tidbit: [ opens can of worms ]
Rumor has it that Obama was involved in the BLA 1981 Brinks robbery (New York). Look it up. He has friends in Chicago that were implicated.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
If we're talking about Cointelpro, as in the actual FBI/Intelligence stuff that leaked in '71 and came out, for the most part, by the end of the Church and Pike Committees, then I'm not sure where party honestly fits. Party or side?

The Cointelpro efforts ran from the 50's against the communists to the early civil rights and social justice types in the early 60's to the Vietnam War protesters. 4 Presidents and an FBI Director who had more power than any of them did alone.

After all, at 48 years running one of the most powerful divisions of Government the US has ever had, the guy running FBI Counter Intelligence at the top had his own center of gravity and ability to act through sheer "got your dirty laundry in here too" audacity, IMO.

Then we had Nixon fall like a turd on a clean windshield for the mighty coming down. That was amazing to learn more about by watching the footage from the times and interviews of the people who covered and reported it. One of the amazing things was, as close as Nixon already was to checking out...It took Barry Goldwater, a conservative's conservative, to call the crook a crook to his face and in private, by flat saying his own party wouldn't save his tail by votes in Impeachment or Senate Trial.

It struck me as one of those few times, by someone being SO bad, both sides actually came together...if only for a real short time.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
If we're talking about Cointelpro, as in the actual FBI/Intelligence stuff that leaked in '71 and came out, for the most part, by the end of the Church and Pike Committees, then I'm not sure where party honestly fits. Party or side?

The Cointelpro efforts ran from the 50's against the communists to the early civil rights and social justice types in the early 60's to the Vietnam War protesters. 4 Presidents and an FBI Director who had more power than any of them did alone.

After all, at 48 years running one of the most powerful divisions of Government the US has ever had, the guy running FBI Counter Intelligence at the top had his own center of gravity and ability to act through sheer "got your dirty laundry in here too" audacity, IMO.

Then we had Nixon fall like a turd on a clean windshield for the mighty coming down. That was amazing to learn more about by watching the footage from the times and interviews of the people who covered and reported it. One of the amazing things was, as close as Nixon already was to checking out...It took Barry Goldwater, a conservative's conservative, to call the crook a crook to his face and in private, by flat saying his own party wouldn't save his tail by votes in Impeachment or Senate Trial.

It struck me as one of those few times, by someone being SO bad, both sides actually came together...if only for a real short time.

Word my rabbit. We need an old school Barry.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The most obvious answer is there wasn't a "right wing" in those days.

JFK was further "right" than the current Republican establishment. Vietnam was a Democrat war. It was JFK and then Johnson that took the "advisor status" and moved it to a war. It was supported by both parties and ended by Nixon, not college protesters spitting on returning vets.

To an extent, your right.(pardon the pun.) That era did spawn the Barry Goldwater era in response which is the forerunner to the current "right". Too few had the vision to see the future and it is "too late" as you say.

At best, the tea party can only slow the process as they're basically at war with both "parties". Again, too little, too late.

However, thank you for acknowledging that the left was the mechanism for our demise. You lack of understanding and contribution is equally guilty for the result as the right is for not existing insufficient strength to counter it.

You will suffer the same results as the right will and YOU are as guilty as the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

So in other words ... you are digging up stuff from Vietnam 50 years ago and range wars from 150 years ago ... from a whole different generation or two back ... and you are applauding the scummy way that the government handled the recent ranch blockade because it happened to 'right wingers' and it's some kind of payback in your mind ??? Seriously???

The right doesn’t realize they are manipulated to hate the poor and minorities by masters of psychological warfare.

The left doesn't realize they are manipulated to hate the right by masters of psychological warfare .. who pound into the heads of the left that the right is somehow 'racist' and 'bad' when in fact it isn't.

Therefore the politics will remain divided until the right gets their head on straight

Oh dude .... go look in the mirror.

edit on 4/19/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Well actually the right and left switched sides after Johnson voted for the civil rights bill. Prior to that it was the right who were liberal. Liberalism has its start in the empirical philosophies of the glorious revolution in England. From then on until the civil rights act it was conservatives who were liberal. Meaning protectors of personal liberty. The republicans until he civil rights era were the only people standing up for blacks and native Americans. And the racist Dixiecrats were what the neocons are now.

New liberals are just a tool for the globalist. The democrats are every it as racist and morally corrupt as the republicans. They just pretend to be liberal. Again the liberal movement started with John Locke, Roseau, etc and was much deeper and much more conservative than it is today. Now liberals are used like prostitutes were people who empathetic or sensitive to the worlds needs get fed a line of bs that never happens. Environmental bills get corporate land grabs mixed in , health care laws end up benefiting insurance companies, anti war movements get squashed, civil rights get degraded.

I think the author has very little understanding of history or reality.

The only small semblance of actual liberalism is found in libertarians. Some of them. Others are just neocons in drag.

Liberals are progressives for the most part now. They believe hey can make people better with laws. The movement comes from some of the most racist, sexist, classist, wealthy people ever to grace the planet (Wilson, Rockefeller , Vanderbilt etc.). They did a good job tricking the masses into believing they care.

So let's try and erase all these terms and become knowledgeable about history and see a spade
for a spade. We are all getting hosed. There are no more liberals. There certainly are no more conservatives. Time to regroup.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Luthierbrown

Amazing you confirm what I post and then say I don’t know history.
Its is you who has demonstrated your own bigotry in your analysis.

Your post, eventhough, some of it confirms mine is too filled with generalizations:
“Liberals are racists” nonsense like that. As if ALL liberals are racists. Sure some white liberals are racists but at least policy wise and philosophically their not pursuing, like the GOP and conservativism, racist policies

All that liberalism you hate has brought this country things like the 40 hour work week, guaranteed vacations, unions, child labor laws, social security, and much more all of America is benefiting from.
And what has the GOP and conservatism brought us?
Nothing but usually conflict, war, racism, and opposition to progress of the material conditions of society.

It is you who are delusional, and ignorant of history.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

The fact is the right wing doesn’t give a hoot when the government attacks anyone save the right wingers and Fox news types.

When the Native Americans were slaughtered and swindled out of their land by the Government you rarely see right wingers supporting them. They are very quiet then.

Be consistent and learn somthing. Then we can unite and really do some damage.

FOX news didn't cover that story. Guess that's why I wasn't there to show my support.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
As for digging up stuff 50 years ago, that’s true but not only fifty years ago

It was only a few years ago that an African immigrant from Senegal was gunned down with 40 bullets in the streets of NYC.

Just from 2012 alone 30 black men have been killed by cops, 18 UNARMED.

So if we go back only a few years you will be talking about HUNDREDS.

My point is that you people just don’t know really how bad it is. Only now that this police state has come after the conservatives do you notice.

BLACK PEOPLE HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THIS FOR GENERAITIONS.
Everything that has happened at WACO, RUBY RIDGE, AND THIS PRESENT INCIDENT AND BELIEVE ME MUCH WORSE STUFF, has been going on in the black community for DECADES!

topics.nytimes.com...
Amadou Diallo, an unarmed West African immigrant with no criminal record, was 22 years old when he was killed on Feb. 5, 1999, by four New York City police officers. The officers — Kenneth Boss, Sean Carroll, Edward McMellon and Richard Murphy — acknowledged firing 41 shots that night, but said they thought that Mr. Diallo was carrying a gun. Mr. Diallo, who came to America more than two years before from Guinea and worked as a street peddler in Manhattan, was hit by 19 bullets while standing in the doorway of his Bronx apartment building. The case set off massive protests across the city, and became a flashpoint for heightened frictions between minority leaders and the administration of Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani. All four officers, who were in plainclothes, said they approached Mr. Diallo because they thought he fit the description of a man wanted in a rape case. They contended that when he pulled out his wallet to show identification they mistook it for a gun. The officers faced prosecution on second-degree murder and other charges but were acquitted by a jury in Albany, where the trial had been moved because of concerns over pretrial publicity.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

JFK was further "right" than the current Republican establishment.

This is utter nonsense.
JFK was ardently for civil rights. Liberal labor laws, getting out of Vietnam.

You could denounce democrats like Johnson all you want, I AM NOT A DEMOCRAT.

Sure Nixon ended the war after more thousands of American deaths and millions of Vietnamese deaths.

So much for your knowledge of history, sonny boy

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox -a&channel=np&source=hp#channel=np&q=eleanor+bumbers&rls=org.mozilla:en-US
fficial

Eleanor Bumpurs (August 22, 1918 - October 29, 1984) was an African-American woman who was shot and killed on October 29, 1984 by New York City police. The police were present to enforce a city ordered eviction of Bumpurs from her apartment in the Bronx since she was four months behind on her monthly rent of $98.65. In requesting NYPD assistance, housing authority workers told police that Bumpurs was emotionally disturbed, had threatened to throw boiling lye, and was using a knife to resist eviction. When Bumpurs refused to open the door, police broke in. In the struggle to subdue her, one officer shot Bumpurs twice with a 12-gauge shotgun.[1][2]

usatoday30.usatoday.com...

The 1993 Waco siege is often categorized as one of the more violent, militaristic, domestic actions by U.S. law enforcement in recent memory. And it should be. At the Branch Davidian’s “compound” a fatal combination of government arrogance, fear, impatience, and aggression lead to 76 bodies, including 20 children. A less bloody confrontation took place in Philadelphia on May 13, 1985 — but the relatively low body count in the MOVE standoff (11 people, including 5 children) was no thanks to law enforcement. MOVE were a group of black activists who were anti-technology and government, pro-environmentalist, and who had a history of confrontations with law enforcement. Their neighbors had complained the group was loud and messy and aggressive. On May 13, attempts to evict MOVE and serve arrest warrants for four of the members led to an armed standoff. And when law enforcement grew too impatient to wait out the group, they simply dropped a C4/Tovex bomb on the house — ostensibly to dislodge a wooden structure on the roof — which turned into a fire that spread unchecked and took out 60-some homes, the entire block.

Like Waco, this standoff with so-called radicals involved disputed who-fired-first exchanges of gunfire; it also involved members being jailed, while government and law enforcement officials got — at best — a stern talking-to. By 1999, when law enforcement finally admitted they had used incendiary devices at Waco, many people felt that the standoff had been a disaster. But nobody in the ATF, FBI, or Department of Justice was ever charged. And nine surviving Branch Davidians went to jail, one for 15 years. There are more parallels with Waco: accusations that the MOVE members set a fire themselves, counter-accusations that police held firefighters back (this was definitely true at Waco and MOVE both).
antiwar.com...

All my point is that Native Americans and Afro Americans have been trying TO TELL YOU PEOPLE FOR YEARS ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT AND NO ONE LISTENED!

THE CHICKENS HAVE COME HOME TOO ROOST!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

And beat to hell out of the Vietnam protestors in Chicago in 1968 and many other events where the government gunned down left wing protesters.

You do have a source I hope, because I can't find anything where protester's are gunned down.

Forty-four years ago Tuesday, Chicago played host to an event that would offer the world some of the city's most iconic -- and disturbing -- images in its history.

On Aug. 28, 1968, violence erupted in Grant Park, where tens of thousands of anti-Vietnam War protesters and police clashed during that year's Democratic National Convention.

Had nothing to do with the Right Wing either.
Huffington post

Wow, really? Maybe you should look up Kent State University.

Here, let me help;

en.wikipedia.org...

The Kent State shootings (also known as the May 4 massacre or the Kent State massacre)[2][3][4] occurred at Kent State University in the U.S. city of Kent, Ohio, and involved the shooting of unarmed college students by the Ohio National Guard on Monday, May 4, 1970. The guardsmen fired 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four students and wounding nine others, one of whom suffered permanent paralysis.[5][6]

Some of the students who were shot had been protesting against the Cambodian Campaign, which President Richard Nixon announced during a television address on April 30. Other students who were shot had been walking nearby or observing the protest from a distance.[7][8]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join