It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Help The American Grey Wolves!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dianec
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Since you know a lot about this I was wondering if they require hunters to kill the whole pack or to stay away from the alpha. I know that might sound silly, and impossible perhaps, but there are rules on elk and deer so how does it work with wolves. I ask because I know if they kill the alpha it can create a unstable and confused pack of wolves.

Thanks.

Its not silly at all, no what they do is they have wolf tags just like they have deer and elk tags.

from the hunters perspective and the tag it really doesnt matter if they are the alpha or not.

Im not sure how the BLM handles it or fish n game on their end, but I do know that they do on occasion do hunts from choppers, almost like they do here with the hogs.......

I dont agree with hunting them out of choppers just like i dont agree with the hog hunts like that here in Texas.....

Most of the wolves taken by hunters are lobo wolves by themselves....

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Thanks for the info. I've heard of air kills for horses as well. That isn't hunting as there is little challenge in it. It's just a way to quickly exterminate as many as possible.

I found the latest report for Idaho so thought I would share.

USDA APHIS Wildlife Services agents classified 39 cattle, 404 sheep, 4 dogs, and 1 horse as confirmed wolf depredations in 2013. Seven cattle, 9 sheep, and 1 dog were classified as probable wolf depredations.

fishandgame.idaho.gov...

One of those incidences involved 176 sheep.

In 08/09 there were about 856 and now there are approximately 659 wolves in Idaho.

The cause of decline is definitely human. What I trust is that these people are science based, and therefore won't allow wolf hunts to continue if they see too much of a decline. No matter what, wolves will always be an issue for ranchers (unless they go extinct). When a bunch of livestock are in one easily accessed spot I'm sure it is irresistible.

I'm not sure where within that doc they share what their target number is. We know elk and deer have been dying in groups due to disease as well so hopefully they won't base issues with those populations on wolves alone. If disease becomes a bigger issue there won't be enough for either species (us or them).

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I've signed many petitions to help save wolves. But unfortunately, the government and BLM will do what they want without our say. And as far as I know about wolves, they most often prey on the weaker species, the young, sick; Or kill more for survival. And as far as I've read and heard there is no shortage of game wildlife. They use that tactic to kill wolves so people can hunt and get what they want without interference of the wolves. Wolves were here before us. We need to learn to coexist with wildlife and instead we are running them out of their territory and killing them for our own greed! Sniping and picking them off one by one, creating contests to win money and trophies.

But, it's not just Wolves now! They are doing that to Lions, Bears and even Coyotes and other exotic wildlife....it's very upsetting! Why don't we discuss the wildlife that is already long gone due to poaching and our own sick pleasure? Wildlife we will never ever see again!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
OMG SERIOUSLY!!!!

The US has already once killed off ALL their wolves, and later thanks to Canada, had some re-introduced back when Yellow stone became a national park...

Now they want to kill them off again? Such stupidity and arrogance it's mind boggling.

There is a wolf sanctuary just outside Golden, British Columbia, and going there I learned so much about them and have since gained so much respect for them. They are highly social and intelligent creatures, that take care of their own, and mourn the loss of dead ones.
edit on 22-4-2014 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SalientSkivvy

The pack loyalty the care for each other and being a efficient hunter bothers many they cant see past the efficient hunter. Most domestic dogs came from wolves . our stone age ancestors tamed them and coexisted with them and we cant sometimes it makes you wonder. A wolf pack will bring food to a hurt wolf very caring and social . A wolf as a pet is alot like a malamute, hybrids are flaky the first few generations.

Some use fairy tales to prove their hatred of the wolf. What about Remus and Romulus suckled by a she wolf . Natives respected them they weren't terrified by them . Many consider a wolf as their clan guide or a personal spirit guide.

When an animal is staving they do strange things even humans. Donner's pass or the Andes crash 1972 they ate each other. A staving pack will do things out of the ordinary.

These modern day wolf hunters reminds me of the buffalo hunter kill for a pelt and a thrill they took the buffalo from 60,000,000 to less than 750 by 1890 at lease they used the hide. We keep playing god with the ecology. We decimate their food sources and we get upset about some sheep and cows.

Moles mice rats prairie dogs we kill with poison are part of a wolfs diet.

I read where before westward expansion wolves populations was 6-10 million. Now on the verge of extinction . Sad very sad .

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Bump this up again

How many species has wolves made extinct ? I dont know of any . How about homo sapiens at least 60 and counting . Not counting fish or bugs . How many are on the verge because of us.

We have wiped out whole ethnic lines of humans . We are a more of threat to wild life than wolves ever could be . Ask some native Americans some who also were driven to the edge of extinction .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join