It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Help The American Grey Wolves!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I just can't believe the trolls on here. I guess not that many people really care about the fate of these beautiful wolves. Pretty sad really. You humans think you are superior to the world.

edit on 18-4-2014 by Crystalwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crystalwolf
Don't feed the trolls..a reply to: UxoriousMagnus

which troll?

I missed it.....but I usually do

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I just want to say I dont want anyone to think im attacking them...

There is nothing more noble then preservation of our planet and the animals that live on it....

I just believe there is a right way to do that and a wrong way....

Never is it a good idea to introduce non native species, it has ALWAYS been a failure....

I hope people dont take me too harsh on this, Im just an avid outdoorsman and spent over 10 years hunting year round in Idaho, I know the area and I know the hunters and guides in the state.....

Its just something im passionate about....

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: UxoriousMagnus

Thanks but that isn't a study. That is someone posting pictures of dead animals, stating wolves did it and mixing it with USGS stats about the wolf issue. From the small amount of literature I've read wolves don't leave meat unless they are scared off for some reason. We do know many animals prefer the intestines and fetus' of their prey (not just wolves). If these things are the work of a wolf it is a lone wolf who is skittish or a pack was scared off. Also - why do people apply the word "fun" by saying they kill for fun. How do we know their intention? We don't - people assume they think like humans.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

We are in North Idaho too, and my husband said the same thing. When you see a wolf tear an elk calf out of its mother for nothing but pleasure, it makes him happy to fill his wolf tags every year. People DO NOT understand what type of wolf was introduced in this area and the damage they do to the NATIVE species.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I just can't believe the trolls on here. I guess not that many people really care about the fate of these beautiful wolves. Pretty sad really. You humans think you are superior to the world.

it's not ok to change your post after someone responds......

don't lose your cool here Two Flag.....that is your Indian name.

just keep fighting your position and when someone makes a good point....even if you don't agree with their over all view point.....tell them "good point"
edit on 18-4-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dianec

Thanks but that isn't a study. That is someone posting pictures of dead animals, stating wolves did it and mixing it with USGS stats about the wolf issue. From the small amount of literature I've read wolves don't leave meat unless they are scared off for some reason. We do know many animals prefer the intestines and fetus' of their prey (not just wolves). If these things are the work of a wolf it is a lone wolf who is skittish or a pack was scared off. Also - why do people apply the word "fun" by saying they kill for fun. How do we know their intention? We don't - people assume they think like humans.

It doesnt matter what they tell you, wolves DO kill for sport, and NO they do not always eat all of what they kill...

We walked up on 10 dead elk one year in a valley with wolf prints all over that area...3 of them were not eaten at all and most were only partially eaten

Of course they kill for sport, how many of you have had a dog that killed an animal just to play with it or to bring it to you?

These wolves are aggressive, they get going they hunt down and they kill.....and sometimes kill more then one and leave the rest....

I find it incredibly interesting that so many people here on this site wont idly throw their trust into some "study" or hastily studied subject, unless it serves their purpose.....

YOu want to know how its affecting wildlife in Idaho? Talk to the ranchers, talk to the hunters, talk to Idaho FIsh and Game......

Ive been there,I trust what I see with my own eyes......

I dont need some bureaucrat or burkenstock wearing arrogant conservationist to tell me what is or isnt true....
edit on 4/18/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
No, I did not get this info from a Blog I posted the source. a reply to: UxoriousMagnus

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Thank for the Video, it was very enlightening. Sound like wolves do more good, than harm to nature. a reply to: mOjOm

You're welcome.

When the wolves are where the wolves should be they most certainly are good. But at the same time, when they are put somewhere where they aren't supposed to be, it's not so good.

That's what I thought was so cool about what the video was saying. It actually supports both sides of the issue in this thread. When things aren't balanced, regardless of our effort to cull things back ourselves, the natural order of things doesn't function. However, when they are in order, things work like they should.

Just that one animal, the wolf, taken away, allowed the unchecked elk to mess up everything. But when put back, put back the balance that was needed. In the end not only changing the Ecosystem but the entire geography as well. Simply amazing and beautiful how subtle yet diverse and interconnected life is in how it functions.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

And youre NOT a human?

Its ok to be upset, but you cant change the facts.....it has nothing to do with being superior....

Why arent you upset at the fact that conservationist put these non native species in Idaho in the first place and created this problem ?

Why arent you upset that they put this non native wolf in Idaho that has pretty much wiped out the Idaho wolf population?

Shouldnt you be upset that because of THEM they are havint to thin out the wolves?

Or is only because you feel you identify with these animals and all logic has been thrown out the window?
edit on 4/18/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I just found this help video from Jane Velez-Mitchell that was on TV today about wolves. I have never watch her show before but now I just adore her. Here is the video that she sums everthing up. Bless her heart. Janes show

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Never is it a good idea to introduce non native species, it has ALWAYS been a failure....

You know it could have been much worse. There was genuine talk some years back about introducing the elephant, maybe a giraffe and some other crazy animal like a lion or something. Hilarious and plain stupid.....let me try to find a link.

Lions, Elephants to Roam the U.S. Plains?

Fast forward fifty or a hundred years. The ultimate vision is of a vast ecological history park that contains free-roaming elephants, predators, and other large mammals that all, we hope, would serve as proxies for the large vertebrates that were here 13,000 years ago.

edit on 18-4-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Wolves were wiped out from America in the 1970s, and where reintroduced in to Yellowstone in 1995 and where they were once protected. Now they have grown, and are now getting killed again. Wolves shouldn't have to suffer because they have to eat and were brought here by man. We need to learn to Coexist with the wolves. Watch the video I posted earlier and it will explain everything. a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You're right - I'm not there to see it and I know good and well that extreme conservationists/activists can make things worse. What I'm saying is there seems to be a permanent mindset that these are the culprits and they are somehow bad all the way (another extreme view). Wolves are scavengers so who is to say their footprints aren't there because something else killed it? Extreme thinking works both ways. And what studies are you referring to that people won't read unless it supports their views. I've not seen an empirical study cited in this thread.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Living in the Idaho panhandle, we have had reports on the evening news about wolves stalking children at rural school bus stops. In some areas, parents have had to drive their children to the bus stop and wait in the car til the bus comes.
They have been coming into our small towns and killing pets.

It is very frightening to live in one of our small rural communities when a pack of wolves takes up residence, and those of us who value the lives of children are extremely concerned.

Our tax dollars payed to re-introduce them, and our tax dollars are used to 'control' them.
Common sense seem to be in short supply when making government policies.

The ONLY people who are crying 'save the wolves' are people who do not live in areas directly impacted by their presence.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Wolves do not stalk people, where is your source? a reply to: nugget1

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If you think there is no reliable information then watch the video....a reply to: Dianec

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Living in the Idaho panhandle, we have had reports on the evening news about wolves stalking children at rural school bus stops. In some areas, parents have had to drive their children to the bus stop and wait in the car til the bus comes.
They have been coming into our small towns and killing pets.

It is very frightening to live in one of our small rural communities when a pack of wolves takes up residence, and those of us who value the lives of children are extremely concerned.

Our tax dollars payed to re-introduce them, and our tax dollars are used to 'control' them.
Common sense seem to be in short supply when making government policies.

The ONLY people who are crying 'save the wolves' are people who do not live in areas directly impacted by their presence.

lets introduce them into Washington DC!!! New York and LA and see how things go!!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Wolves do not stalk people, where is your source? a reply to: nugget1

seriously.....where do you live.....Nugget and I both live HERE in wolf country

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Wouldn't you like to know *snip*..a reply to: UxoriousMagnus

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory
edit on Sat Apr 19 2014 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join