It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien gods?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
To SpookyVince:

I think we think very much alike on this topic, but a couple things bugged me about what you said.

3. It is true now that most pyramids are related to some star or constellation, but you seem to forget that they were not pointing to the same stars then: the earth somewhat wobbles around the sun with time (the precession), and by then, those pyramids were pointing to another area of the sky (even if I can admit that it was not very far from the current position...).

There is some mystery around the pyramids and their construction (mayan, egyptian,...) but I think sometimes we look for the answers to our questions in the wrong place. Before trying to answer those questions, I think we should focus on the question itself beforehand.

I understand precession and how it works, as did the scientists that took the positions of the Pyramids in Giza back to 10500 BC and aligned them perfectly with Orion's belt. Don't get me wrong, as I'm skeptical too as to how they KNOW something like this, but I at least have to give some credence to the possiblity that in fact these things could have been built with full knowledge of their relation to the night sky. Which leads me to my next point; they were constructed TOO perfectly to have simply been done by a bunch of slaves.

In a recent show on The History Channel that I watched, they said that the spacing between the million-plus stones in the Great Pyramid is more miniscule than the allowable leeway given to spaces between tiles on the shuttle capsules. I'm left to wonder now how pre-modern civilizations could have come up with such a flawless design to allow mere peasants and slaves to make such a grand building. It just doesn't make sense.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I fear the question on this thread may never be answered!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartan433
why were the Roman gods named after planets? planets of origin maybe? what do you think?

Don't apologize, Spartan. Which came first, the planet names or the gods? Excellent question. Check out this USGS resource. You will see there are three kinds of bodies in the Solar System.

1) Those the Ancients knew about, and the Medievals did not. These require telescopic observation or flyby to see, and have been 'redicovered' but not renamed in modern times. Examples are Phobos and Deimos, the two Companions of Mars. The Romans got this right on. Coincidence? The Sumerians called Earth the Seventh Planet- and they counted from the outside in.

2) Those that have been known from ancient times. These are visible to the naked eye and are deified in similar ways in many diverse cultures.

3) Those yet to be discovered.

The curve of astronomical knowledge is not geometrically progressive but describes a saddle-shaped curve. The farther back you go in history, the more anomalous 'modern' knowledge you find in the Maya lands, in Babylonia, in India and so on. I have personally observed a Native American petroglyph that is an unmistakeable barred-spiral galaxy with a large being pointing to the outer third of one of the arms, carved on an almost inaccessible ledge in Dinosaur National Monument. I first saw this in the 1980's. The funny thing is, the fact that the Milky Way Galaxy is a barred spiral (Sb) was not known until a couple of years ago. Or even guessed at. In fact, galaxies in general were unknown to modern man until the 1920's. As a young man I had a chance to learn from Sir Fred Hoyle, and I will never forget that first he made us learn ancient astronomy. He maintained that if we did not understand what the Greeks of Alexandria, Egypt understood, then we would fail to understand the riddles of History and the Universe.

He liked to misquote Churchill: "The history of Man and the Universe is 'a mystery, wrapped in an enigma'."

Keep digging. I think you'll smile when you figure out who the aliens are.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
To Chakotay:

I was reading your post, and something caught my eye.

1) Those the Ancients knew about, and the Medievals did not. These require telescopic observation or flyby to see, and have been 'redicovered' but not renamed in modern times. Examples are Phobos and Deimos, the two Companions of Mars. The Romans got this right on. Coincidence? The Sumerians called Earth the Seventh Planet- and they counted from the outside in.

If I'm reading your innuendo correctly, you're suggesting that there was a 10th planet which is yet unidentified by modern science. If this is the case, may I suggest that many ancient cultures often considered the Sun to be a planetary body as well. If we take this into consideration, and add to it the fact that they would percieve the Sun as moving around us, we can logically conclude that they believed that all of the heavenly bodies rotated around them, which is not an altogether unique idea; ie Galileo. This would mean that they counted the Sun as a planet in their calculations, thus making up for the 1 planet descrepency that we would otherwise be stuck with.

This is just my take on it though. In no way do I know this to be correct; I'm just guessing based on what I think ancients would have thought by observation.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
(...)
but I at least have to give some credence to the possiblity that in fact these things could have been built with full knowledge of their relation to the night sky. Which leads me to my next point; they were constructed TOO perfectly to have simply been done by a bunch of slaves.
(...)
I'm left to wonder now how pre-modern civilizations could have come up with such a flawless design to allow mere peasants and slaves to make such a grand building. It just doesn't make sense.

Agreed with that. What I mean is, really, which star were they pointing to back then? This is maybe the question to be asked (and answered...) to go a bit further. What I mean by "other questions" is precisely that... And maybe this is still wrong. It just might have been a more practical, terrestrial, destination??? The fact is we don't know a lot about those pyramids.

By the way, I didn't speak of their construction as such because it is certain that there are a lot of "details" that just can't be understood, such as those you mention. I don't say that pyramids were the achievement of a terrestrial or extraterrestrial civilization, but there is a chance for both. We simply are not sure how humans could have done it, so we assume it could be extraterrestrial. It could be, indeed, but we maybe simply have not understood the way mere terrestrial humans did it then...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well consider all their behavior reported by abductees I don't think they are gods maybe as a higher intelligent form doesn't mean they are the ultimate creator

African tribes shamans have their bet on them being more of parasites than helpers any day.
They said these beings feed off negative energy like pain and misery.
Maybe they are playing us so we start wars with each other just for them to eat?
Does religion teach peace to everyone?
Serpent described to be the devil in the bible, funny how some people talk about reptillians being evil creatures.

Just because something know more than we do doesn't make them God.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by newkids123
Well consider all their behavior reported by abductees I don't think they are gods maybe as a higher intelligent form doesn't mean they are the ultimate creator

African tribes shamans have their bet on them being more of parasites than helpers any day.
They said these beings feed off negative energy like pain and misery.
Maybe they are playing us so we start wars with each other just for them to eat?
Does religion teach peace to everyone?
Serpent described to be the devil in the bible, funny how some people talk about reptillians being evil creatures.

Just because something know more than we do doesn't make them God.

First off, we can't take the story of Satan being the Serpent literally simply because there are so many other parables throughout the Bible, and it just doesn't make any sense. Secondly, I think abductees are only out to get attention.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
In reply to the egypt pyramid thing I believe there was an abductee called David sumthin(not Icke!) that sed we had translated the egyptian hyroglyphs wrong he also sed sum book of the egyptians showed us free energy and spaceship any1 else got any leads on this?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Link
Heres something i fount may-be it will help someof you understand...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
well most people seem to believe more in aliens than in god. How many peole claim they have had a "vision" from a god recently. Not very many or perhaps none. But in "ancient" times and medievil times people were claiming these all the time. There r on average 15 UFO sightings a day in the U.S alone. Maybe they r seeing how their "worshipers" are interacting

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

2. It is not that certain that there were no intercontinental connections... I can't find it now, but I remember having read something here on ATS about some interesting findings: tobacco was found in some sarcophage (sp?) and/or different other sepultures in Egypt. There was no tobacco in Egypt, but there was in South America.

Tobacco and cocoa, both native to South America, were found in Egyptian mummies.

There are also pre-columbian South American sculptures and paintings depicting caucasians, African animals such as elephants, etc. found as well.

On another note, researchers did reconstruct an Egyptian reed vessel, and successfully made the cross-Atlantic journey...showing that ships of the time could have done it.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
To Chakotay:

I was reading your post, and something caught my eye.

If I'm reading your innuendo correctly, you're suggesting that there was a 10th planet which is yet unidentified by modern science. If this is the case, may I suggest that many ancient cultures often considered the Sun to be a planetary body as well. If we take this into consideration, and add to it the fact that they would percieve the Sun as moving around us, we can logically conclude that they believed that all of the heavenly bodies rotated around them, which is not an altogether unique idea; ie Galileo. This would mean that they counted the Sun as a planet in their calculations, thus making up for the 1 planet descrepency that we would otherwise be stuck with.

This is just my take on it though. In no way do I know this to be correct; I'm just guessing based on what I think ancients would have thought by observation.

Actually counting the Sun wouldn't account for them referrincg to earth as the 7th planet, especially if the counted from the outside. Sorry if someone already covered this.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
GrendelsBacon:

This is TheBorg, just under a new name, as I'm sure is easily seen. I was curious, where'd you get that about the ancients believing they were the 7th planet from the outside of the solar system? Got a reputable source?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join