It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Toughest Job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Thought this was worth posting.

It has a surprise ending.

Reminder not to forget May 11th

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

edit on 18-4-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Got about 1/2 way though the vid you decided to share and shut it off.

Quite hateful it was.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Wow, very powerful. The interviewees response when they finally figured it out brought a tear to my eye.

I often struggle with not having been or even currently being the "perfect" mom despite knowing none of us were born with the skills or endurance and yet these qualities are so critical you must conjure them up at every moment, every day. And no child is the same as the next, and just as you figure out one phase they move into another and it never ends.

Thanks for posting... I can be a little less hard on myself.

And boo to the poster whose video slags moms... you can crap on your own parade but not ours. That "comedian" is a loser of the highest order pandering to an audience of like minded losers. I turned it off too.
edit on 19-4-2014 by igloo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
S&F! Thanks for sharing this.

It certainly is one of the toughest jobs IF you do it right. All too often these days I see folks who have kids but do not parent them. I always wondered why people let their kids acts like mini thugs out in public while they pretend to not even notice it. Then I had my own kids and I found out why. It would certainly be easier to let them act that way than it is to take the time (sometimes over and over and over again) to correct them and make them behave. It would be easier to not make sure their homework is done, to not care what time they go to bed as long as they leave you alone, to not teach them the basic life skills to peacefully coexist with others, etc. etc. etc.

I am a stay at home mom and I while I am more grateful than I can convey that I was able to do that, I can honestly say that it is usually a thankless job. It's usually a thankless job whether you stay at home or not though. Everyone takes things for granted like clean clothes just magically appear, dinner fixes itself, the toilet is self cleaning, you enjoy driving to 500 different places to get everyone where they need to be when they need to be there, you never get sick because everything has to get done even then.

Most children never appreciate or take time to notice all of those "little things" until they are grown with children of their own.

With that being said... It is the best job in the world IMO. The rewards may not always seem to come when you think they should and you find that there are rewards to be found in the most odd times doing the most mundane things. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I am 37 and I still want to be like my mom when I grow up.

edit on 4/19/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
That...was beyond beautiful. I would send it to my mothers right now, but I'm gonna wait until mothers day. I called the twist before it happened because I've been thinking a lot about exactly how exhausting and thankless a job my mothers had raising me, and the guy in the video nailed it. Its especially crazy because I've spent the last week patching up my relationship with both of my mothers, and this is gonna hit them hard, I think. Thank you so much for sharing this.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet

Got about 1/2 way though the vid you decided to share and shut it off.

Quite hateful it was.

Hateful? It's a comedian... Comedian poke fun at people/situations/etc... I found the clip hilarious and extremely true... There is no way that being a mother is the toughest job and for anyone to say or even think that is crazy... And I also find it a little messed up that this video decided to give fake interviews to people who are looking for work... Nothing better than wasting a persons time as they are trying hard to find work...

And a mother and father should never call parenting a job... Its not a job...
edit on 19-4-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I didn't find it funny at all. Igloo hit the nail on the head here.

And boo to the poster whose video slags moms... you can crap on your own parade but not ours. That "comedian" is a loser of the highest order pandering to an audience of like minded losers. I turned it off too. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wishing a "Happy Mothers Day" to all the mothers out there.

Peace

edit on 19-4-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
My mother is pretty great but, you know, so is my dad. Also, yes, I'm sure these people that thought they were interviewing for a job really wanted to waste their time with this nonsense.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I knew exactly what it was on the first 'question'. But in the back of my head I was thinking "Gee sounds like when I used to work in that kitchen a few years back" 80+ hours a week, no breaks, always on your feet, can't really eat till everyone else has eaten... the sad yet satisfying world of food service industry.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm so sick of mommy's coming out of the woodwork to decry their hard, hard lives. If only you'd kept your legs together you wouldn't have such difficult work to do.

Self-inflicted. Stop sniveling.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Wow! how
you are.

I didn't see a mother complaining on the video ~ it was children of mother's realizing all that mom's do.

Don't crap on a nice message. There are those of us who like to be thankful for our mothers.

You do have one ya know..........

It's times like this that I wish ATS had an option to block the mean spirited ones.

edit on 19-4-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Glad to hear you have pretty great parents.

Maybe they will find the humor you have in the video posted.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Glad to hear you have pretty great parents.

Maybe they will find the humor you have in the video posted.

They have and a lot of people I know have too and they all find him funny because they know it's comedy and not some guy just ranting... Bill Burr is a popular comedian right now, I guess you've never heard of him..

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Restricted

Wow! how
you are.

I didn't see a mother complaining on the video ~ it was children of mother's realizing all that mom's do.

Don't crap on a nice message. There are those of us who like to be thankful for our mothers.

You do have one ya know..........

It's times like this that I wish ATS had an option to block the mean spirited ones.

Notice that the client of the ad firm that did this is American Greetings. Makes total sense in context. They want you all to think of your mom and buy them a card for mother's day..

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Why is a mothers Job more difficult than a fathers?

If fathers did house work or met other "traditional" responsibilities that mothers do would we be praised? Are males praised for their work load as fathers?

Modern women share their chores anyways. Its not like its unheard of for a man to cook, watch the kids, do laundry, drive kids to and fro, tend to emotional troubles of children, ect.

So why is a mother more sacred than a father?

Why are men constantly being set aside? Because our ancestors did some bad things to women?

So this is all an effort to render reparations of some sort? I didnt do any of that crap. Where is the true sense of justice that is being defended? Is one SUPERIOR to the other?

I loved my mom. She was great. My dad is great too. It would be a lack of respect and kind of cruel and ungrateful of me to praise her OVER my father for doing HER share of what both of them had to do after having children.

I liked the video anyways. It would be nice if they made one for dads. Its not like they dont deserve one too. The same can be said of fathers.

edit on 4 19 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

So maybe it was nothing but a commercial and no one wasted their time.

Good marketing. Go buy a card for mom. She deserves it.

Peace.

and no ~ I've never heard of the guy. Not missing much IMO.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Dad's deserve it too. There are many vid's out there to honor dad's. Here is one.

Remember June 15th for all the great dad's.

top topics

join