It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinny vs. Plump Poll

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
My opinion on weight is that everybody has a different body type, aso there is no 1 size fits all diet or what's healthy for 1 person will not be for another.

I am a naturally skinny ectomorph so I can consume 3000+ calories per day with no weight gain, in body building I'm classed as a hard gainer because I need a lot more calories before I start to gain weight.

Whereas an endomorph has to watch what they eat as they have slower metabolisms and so gain weight a lot easier, it's through no fault at all of them it's just the body life has dealt them.

So my point being that I may look like I'm almost ill and old women are always saying i'm too skinny and need to fatten up but what they don't realise is that I eat like a horse but have never been able to gain weight so it's a futile effort.
Whereas that overweight person might be eating less than me but because of their body type it makes them overweight.

So the super skinny models you posted are not natural but for naturally skinny people it's not through lack of eating that they don't put on weight and the same for overweight people they may not be over-eating.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

I dont pay attention to those charts. They are utter crap!. Im considered overweight and there's not much fat on me. I look like that guy strolling on the beach. When i was fighting years ago, I would sometimes be 15 stone. Which is obese on the chart. And as my dad used to say "Thas built like a brick sh@@house lad!" Im overweight now if you go to the chart and im 5ft 10....Those models look awful. I knew one years ago and she was a bag of bones. No curves or anything. And when you held her it was like holding a plastic bag full of tools. Stuff digging in you. lol. Her skin was terrible to with no make up because she was not getting proper nutrition. I say stuff the charts. There's many a beautiful large women

I feel sorry for these models having to bow down to the pressure of looking a certain way. I dont look at size i look at the person themselves
...Now someone give me a cuddle

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I have to agree with others about the inaccuracy of this chart. I'm 5' 6" and range between 115 - 120lbs. and it shows me as underweight!

I'm a pretty fit gal...I work out 3 - 5 days a week . I mostly eat healthy although, I do eat poorly from time to time. Pizza is my absolute weakness and French fries are almost as bad. (I devoured 3 slices of pizza just yesterday and another slice an hour ago for breakfast)

There's not a chance I'm underweight. I definitely have a small frame and not really blessed with the genes to be "curvy" but, this just can't be right.

edit on 19-4-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

If someone "skinny" was interested in me, I might be afraid they had AIDS, and I would definitely recommend they go see a doctor - as a psychology major, I would be suspicious that they might have an eating disorder.

I'm sorry but that is the kind of post that really annoys me especially from someone who has a "psychology major". Look at my post above and you will see that some people no matter how much they eat, cannot put on weight & you just dismiss these people as having some sort of mental issue. Poor show and shows a lack of understanding for someone so adept at psychology.

People who are an ectomorph body type and have crazy fast metabolisms like myself have to eat loads or we will have problems later on in life because our bodies burn the fuel too quckly and if we don't eat enough we will waste away.

So please try having a bit more understanding towards other people's lives will go a long way if your treating people as patients.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hiya sled. Okay, I'm 5'4.75" and 128 pounds (58 kilos).

I look like the woman in the beach pic.
I'm okay with it, but would like to lose 5 or 6....

yet my doc says "Don't Lose Weight." And the chart says that's healthy weight also. And my hubby likes my 'curves'. So, I'm going to stick with what I'm doing now -

I was down to 105 lbs (47 kilos) and even I was scared for me. That was due to a severe bout of depression during my relationship with the world's worst boyfriend. I could see my own ribs and my clavicles and shoulder joints. Ugh. (My breasts almost disappeared...)

But, since I'm 55 now, and still wearing a size 6, I think I'm doing okay.

Super-skinny people, when I see them in real life, look ill.

I know your poll was about what is preferable - I think "healthy-looking" is preferable.
Fat really really turns me off - on anyone.

edit on 4/19/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/19/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I like slim
but the pics of the models is skinny and they look ill

basic rule of thumb, if i can't pick her up with one hand then she is to big for me.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

That "healthy range" depends on the individual. That chart probably only strictly applies to half the population or so.

And as for the poll, personally I think what looks best on the individual depends on which individual it is, even stage of maturity and stage of relationship could affect my preference. Being healthy is #1 though. Some "skinny" girls look best "normal", some "normal" girls look best plump, some plump girls would look better skinny and some girls that look best skinny now may look better plump in the future.

So my advice to girls is don't try to be something your not, you're probably best off finding someone that wants you to be more yourself than you even feel comfortable with sometimes, if they don't then they probably aren't the right person for you no matter how much you may desire them.
edit on 19-4-2014 by On7a7higher7plane because: now its perfect

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrflipjr
I like big butts, and I cannot lie...

And that's the first reply, classic.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: marvinthemartian

basic rule of thumb, if i can't pick her up with one hand then she is to big for me.

For real? If you can't pick her up with one hand, she's too big?

I have to ask...is it children or adult women you are talking about.

Des

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I am a 44 year old healthy and reasonably fit man

I can lift my sexy hippy chick up with one hand

I wont tell you her age(she would kill me if i did) lets just say she is a tad older than me

I am 5 foot 10 inches tall and 12 and a half stone, less than 15% body fat and i can lift about 10 stone with either hand.

I hope that answers your question.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Without my wife, I am just untapped potential.

Well, you ALL are just untapped potential without a good woman, my man! We women already know this, but we let you think it is ALL you. lol

It shows you have brains in that furry head of yours to realize this.

Yeah lol I have brains too, I have so much potential that's not being utilized that the world should be outraged.
edit on 19-4-2014 by On7a7higher7plane because: outraged is funnier

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Fat really really turns me off - on anyone.

Does Santa Claus turn you off?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I feel so sorry for young girls today, with all the social pressure that is put on them to look like escapees from a concentration camp.

Sadly a lot of throwing up going on now days with the kids and the guys are starting to feel the pressure that used to be only girls.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Like somebody already said, the BMI chart is just a general guidance for people who have no clue about normal weight. At the end of the day it's all about being healthy and it has been proven lately that overweight people that are physically active are healthier than slim ones that do not exercise at all. A very interesting article here about how those that are in the overweight/obese range seem to live longer than the rest (taking in consideration various factors of course): well.blogs.nytimes.com...

Now.....what do I fancy? I can say I fancy tall men, but I'm 5'1 so that makes most men tall to me! lol
Maybe I am biased, but if I was a man I would fancy a woman that has curves....models look too much like young boys.....so flat....nothing there to grab! hahaha

But at the end of the day beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I have learned that good hearted people always have a special beauty that comes from within. I personally like men who can make me laugh, hold a good conversation and are honest....that is sexy to me.

Great thread!!

edit on 19-4-2014 by Agartha because: SPAG!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Yeah, you're right, beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.
I've had girlfriends who thought a certain guy was just "all that", but, to me, they looked awful. LOL

I've heard it said many times, "There is someone for everyone. We just have to find them."
I think that's true.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: On7a7higher7plane

Erm....yeah.

My best friend is into 'thickies'....I myself like 'slimmies'. So, we never competed with each other. LOL!!!

Sorry. It's just how I'm wired.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Absolutely! I believe that wholeheartedly: there is a special someone for all of us......it's just a matter of our paths crossing!!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Well I hope for your sake that Santa Claus understands. Otherwise enjoy your coal.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

There's not a chance I'm underweight. I definitely have a small frame and not really blessed with the genes to be "curvy" but, this just can't be right.

You just brought up a very good point.....

--Genes--

No, not Levi's....LOL

Seriously, that has a lot to do with one's structure

All of us in our family, 4, with the exception of our oldest sister, are tall and slim/athletic
For me & one sister, what weight we have is in all the right places....'curves'
[brother that is 6' 3 ]

However our oldest sister is 5' 7 and kinda chunky/stocky
No matter what, through the years, she has always been stocky

Now mind you I'm the baby and I'm 48 years old, but I still make heads turn....which makes me feel good to know I still got it. HA!!

It does have a lot to do with bone structure, genes, and a person's metabolism IMO
With the exception of those that like being a couch potato and eating junk-food

edit on 19-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: On7a7higher7plane

Erm....yeah.

My best friend is into 'thickies'....I myself like 'slimmies'. So, we never competed with each other. LOL!!!

Sorry. It's just how I'm wired.

Soooo....I guess she gets more presents than you do, huh????
Personally, I never cared for the red suit....LOL

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join