It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
My arms are probably as big as his, unlike my simian cousin Boymonkey. Even so, Jesse could likely deposit his foot far enough up my derrier that he could retire and live off the interest.

OTG and Gov. Ventura, a very warm welcome. It is good to have you here.

Springer....you really knocked it out of the park with this one.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This is very exciting! I love Jesse Ventura!!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: Rosinitiate

he is a self-proclaimed entertainer beyond anything else. What he does is for the purpose of entertainment as a career to feed his family. Admirable but an entertainer is an entertainer.

Was he just 'entertaining' during his stint as Governor? Serious question ... I don't know ... but I bet he took his governorship as seriously as he did his duties as a Navy Seal.

Just sayin' is all.

Surprised no one has mentioned the obvious 'cut-in' where he mentions ATS.

The difference IMO is he could be walking a fine line, I suppose not unlike governor but having an "entertainment" show in the context it is, controlled as it is by those we (not necessarily you) typically bitch and bicker about.

So someone who does stories on our interests through a channel controlled by those we seek to expose just seems, well......you know.

However, I won't reserve my judgment as is typically expected but never proffered by me, character flaw and all that, but what I will do as always, is remain open minded and give it whatever attention I feel its worth.

I hope its successful but for all the right reasons. I'm sure all parties involved would agree on that.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple
If OTG is not for entertainment purposes, then what purposes does it serve? Seriously.

Surely, as a person out and about, "on the grid" so to speak, you're aware that the airwaves, cable TV, and Internet are full of several types of "shows" that engage in several types of strategies upon which to reach an audience.

Sitcoms -- obvious.

Dramas -- obvious.

FoxNews -- obvious.

But then there are…

News broadcasts, the nightly news -- the intent is current events.

News magazines, 60 minutes -- the intent is more focused coverage of specific current events.

Focused series, Ghost Hunters -- news-like exploration of a reoccurring topic.

Edgy news magazines, HBO's Vice -- the intent is hard-hitting focused coverage of specific current events.

Theme-based news shows, Real Time & Daily Show -- focused coverage from a specific viewpoint.

As you get farther down the list to theme-based news shows, the intent strays farther and farther away from entertainment, and more to critical examination of what the hell is going on.

I see Jesse's efforts with Off The Grid more akin to the theme-based news shows. He has much more in common with the Daily Show than he does 60 Minutes.

If someone asks a question about the Bundy fiasco or something of that nature, are we going to get responses that come with links to government sites and serious unbiased discussions that can actually make a difference because of Mr. Ventura's clout and influence? Or are we going to be seeing the same old pissing matches that we see so many important topics die from?

What about this? Actually talking with Cliven Bundy.

The intent here, with this collaboration, is to partner with Jesse and his team to help on many, many levels.

1) Another very-popular way for more people to see his videos (we're not getting paid, seriously)

2) A new way for him and his team to understand how we -- ATS members -- have come to care about these topics

3) Help bring attention to brand-new, trending issues for which he and his team should be aware

4) Help with research on really-difficult but really-important topics

5) Support like-minded efforts

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Will Jesse bring Sean Stone or his son as co-hosts on the show? Would Jesse answer rasslin' questions or give a anecdote on the passing of the Jim Hellwig a.k.a. The Ultimate Warrior? If not, he is wasting his and my time with this venture. Ventura is better off resuming his acting career if he just about being "Vigilant".

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Now that explanation got me thoroughly excited!

ETA: great interview, really gave Bundy a platform to argue his position.
edit on 19-4-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: rival

Um, good?

I mean seriously. That would be a refreshing interlude to the normal puppet show.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Good luck! Will be interesting to see what you have to say.

Good idea on the ATS owners part too, maybe they will give David Bike Or Alex Tones a forum next :p (joke)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I hope I am not being out of line here, but.....

Please tell us the olden day story, of how ATS got started. And what it was about?

Thank you for your time.

Peace,
Crappiekat

I want to add. I like Jesse Ventura.
edit on 19-4-2014 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Now that explanation got me thoroughly excited!

Without a doubt.

I told Ventura in his AMA that he had my vote. There's nothing about this guy that doesn't meet the 'common sense litmus test' ... and the issues he addresses aren't just local BS.

Anyone who has spent any time on ATS, hangs around because they have an open mind. I don't care whether Ventura has an open mind on UFOs, that Skinwalkers are prowling, or anything someone else might cast aspersions on. They're interesting matters of discussion on countless levels ... and I fault no one's curiosity. A lot of people want to take him down a notch for this reason and because he's not afraid to express himself in public a public forum.

Don't forget the way he man-handled Piers Morgan (and our very own boymonkey
)

I'm okay with whatever presence he brings to ATS.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
A Ventura trust-connection may help the site attract even more top-of-the-line Ask Me Anything guests. It's a viscous circle, which isn't so viscous after all but more like a kindly, cooked you some apple pie circle.

Maybe somebody should add this to ATS's Wikipedia page, which still has that stupid "not enough notoriety" tag on it (that's one that should have been taken off long ago imnho). And if someone from the Off the Grid show is reading this, there isn't a Wikipedia page on the OTG show itself, which maybe could be remedied in no-time (btw, no-time is a time-distortion time-denier conspiracy celebrated everywhere at once).
edit on 19-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Very exciting to see Mr. Ventura plans on visiting and conversing with us ATSer's regularly! Very nice, humbling, and full of possibilities!

A big welcome to the crew of Off the Grid! Welcome to ATS.

CdT

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

It was about bringing maximum awareness to the topics our members care enough about to discuss and creating a civil, collaborative, and intelligence driven venue for that to happen in.

In other words, it was exactly what it is today.

edit on 4-19-2014 by Springer because: corrected answer to fit the edited version of the question, sigh...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
how awesome! I can't wait to participate

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: rival
I smell a conspiracy...What if this is just a way for Jesse to
increase his fan base, name recognition, and support, in preparation
for a run for President?.....eh?

Then we can say we asked the president a question once.

Of course it's a way for him to increase viewership.
I don't think he needs to come here to campaign.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Welcome aboard Jesse. Glad you're gonna stick around.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

What about this? Actually talking with Cliven Bundy.

The intent here, with this collaboration, is to partner with Jesse and his team to help on many, many levels.

1) Another very-popular way for more people to see his videos (we're not getting paid, seriously)

2) A new way for him and his team to understand how we -- ATS members -- have come to care about these topics

3) Help bring attention to brand-new, trending issues for which he and his team should be aware

4) Help with research on really-difficult but really-important topics

5) Support like-minded efforts

Exactly like that.

I see this as bringing ATS and it's members more into the mainstream via OTG's integration with the site. I'm also hoping that people will see this as an opportunity to bounce ideas off Mr. Ventura that he can expound upon and take in his own direction towards people with pull. People who can make things happen.

For starters: Does the Nevada state legislature vote to let the federal government, specifically the BLM, take over state land? If I'm not mistaken, this is what they do in many western states because of the vast amount of acreage that is not financially profitable for private ownership. The federal government may not own it, but by legal request from the state, they are the lands' stewards.

nj.npri.org...
(Pay close attention to the 10th paragraph)

That^ leads to this: www.npri.org...

My point being, that maybe these types of posts should be made par for the OTG course. Critical, fact based discussions that get to the root of a problem.

Just thinking out loud here.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: crappiekat

It was about bringing maximum awareness to the topics our members care enough about to discuss and creating a civil, collaborative, and intelligence driven venue for that to happen in.

In other words, it was exactly what it is today.

Just curious, how do you know so many famous people?

(post by hana1 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This is awesome, guys. I will be sure to check in here and it will peak my interest in regards to your Off the Grid show that I'll start tuning into. A.T.S. is a great place to talk about basically everything that is going on in the world with other interested people - nothing makes a topic feel so real as to be engaged in conversation about it.

I find that even those people who argue against me on the forums here are much more enjoyable to talk to than uninterested people in real life.

Jesse, hopefully you stick around and post in some forums, don't get too addicted - you allowed to post? I saw that some of your posts were hit as "Off-Topic" to prevent "Thread Drift"

Jesse Ventura is too much for A.T.S. ha ha - might have to make a pseudonym.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join