It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
In theory a NWO could give all information to everyone so that a quick search pulled up all records of person.
The government currently keep this to themselves and from us. You can find a lot by searching but not as fast as government and never as much.

Do we really want this power? If not should we be happy its kept from us by someone?

Finding info on your old school teachers or your kids teachers, knowing what your best friend is searching online?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: guidetube
In theory a NWO could give all information to everyone so that a quick search pulled up all records of person.
The government currently keep this to themselves and from us. You can find a lot by searching but not as fast as government and never as much.

Do we really want this power? If not should we be happy its kept from us by someone?

Finding info on your old school teachers or your kids teachers, knowing what your best friend is searching online?

If you have nothing to hide ? Why not?

I mean don't get me wrong ,i am all about my privacy ,but i have come to terms that with a ss number ,bank account,weapons owner, ect ect i have sacrificed some of my freedoms.

I have tried to write down a good plan for going off the grid and that also requires sacrifice, so in essence it comes down to ones own ability to sacrifice one for the other...

Just my opinion anyway

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I brought up something once long ago about how I think in the future a google search could bring up someones entire life history...where nothing is secret any more. There is a comic book out there somewhere ...where society all wears masks because of this. There are no secrets so people hide their face.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Nothing to hide nothing to fear?

Is their some links to similar threads?

Im thinking more on the kind of society when we known everything about each other. Do we really have to hide or change or be ourselves.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: guidetube

I dont know where you are...but for a price and a site-subscription, anyone can find out your school history, banking, marriage, birth and death records, your convictions, neighbors, grade point average, cable provider, where you live and all the places you have lived (and all of your family years and years back through geneology searches), where you work and for how long, who your friends are etc...you name it: its already there.

So since all of this is available to anyone right now, and those websites used for detectives and the like are readily available...exactly what are you talking about?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I touched on this subject in a post I made called, "You’re the Next Victim of the Cyber Wars"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Having done a lot of genealogy for the past five years, I knew about the one-stop people searches with all the background checks, but only using what free services I could find, I didn't realize what their paid services could dig up. This is the type of personal information available for between $1 and $50 though one of the paid services.

Names/Akas, Addresses, Birth Date Possible Relatives Possible Associates Phone Numbers Property Records Neighbor Records Occupant Records Death Index Records Business Report Property Ownership Records Marriage Records Divorce Records DEA Records (Doctors) FAA Airmen/Aircraft Records (Pilots/Aircraft) Merchant Vessel Records (Boat Ownership) Website Ownership Criminal Records.

For a few dollars or a paid full service membership, the criminal will have accurate records of your personal history, and will be better prepared than you are to answer any of the security questions normally asked. Keep in mind, this is totally legal and the sources are from public records. How do you get control of the public records? I guess the grade school principal was right when he said, "This was going on your permanent record."

ETA: This was a reply to mysterioustranger's post just above mine.
edit on 19-4-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added last line

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
What if the government opened up all their databases...

www.data.gov...

...not just the few above

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well, consider for a moment the sheer amount of memory space and number of servers required to house all this information. You're going to need a massive data center (or several) to store all of this information. That's going to be heard to hide. So that's something to keep an eye on.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I can say the databases I had access to while helping my father do private investigation work for background checking were comprehensive. They were civilian, not Government and went by names like Merlin, IRB and Querydata. A couple have merged and at least one isn't there anymore...but they were all Tier 1 data sources. By that, I mean, record runs were cents to $1 per run (wholesale, professional pricing..not consumer rips on each search) and there was very little it didn't cover. CCW records....Voter registration records... UCC and civil court filings... Personal history and auto- indexing of family relations as far as 10 places from the target start point. It was amazing....

I have to add something tho...and it's what I listen for when people claim to have had access to these same things. A little detail few who use them will admit, media won't even talk about (because they use them too) and it may be hard to believe.

Despite normally having full SSN's, DOB and personal details of each person I had to run, it was STILL maybe...MAYBE...60% accurate. It took an art, not a science to determine what mattered within that 40% and what was junk to other people or artifacts like ghosts in the machine all together.

NCIC is the Governments form of all those data services combined for Law Enforcement across the nation. One of my relatives worked in a local emergency services dispatch center to see the lowest levels of NCIC, which he told me was accurate more than not...but not often enough to note. Cops I've asked, who see much higher levels than he ever could have at dispatch, tell me it's closer to 20-25% slop in that system.

75% accurate may sound good..and it is..if it's a curiosity run on an old lover to see what came of them. It's tragic and can be catastrophic to real lives in the real world with 25% flat wrong.....

So...No.. I wouldn't advocate open access to all public records with no effort or skill required to find and use them. There is TOO much "experience matters" to interpreting them and too much REAL damage to be done by people who can't manage that, and go off thinking they saw 100% reliable information..when none of it is.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
Thanks...and hello fellow Michiganian! (from Metro Detroit suburbs)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

What's happening Homey?

I lived just north of 8mile between Gratiot and Groesbeck, the northeast side more or less.

I had friends around VanDyke & 8mile, some up in Mt Clemens, and down by the E Warren, Cadieux, Mack Ave area, that's give you an idea of my old stomping grounds. Of course there was downtown or Windsor or all the local arenas and venues too. Hamtramck was a favorite.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Hamtramack is the place for alt r + r...and a lot of bars. Im westside-Tele and 94...whole E + W sides are changing bigtime...but I suppose thats prob normal and to be expected....get back to me sometime!

And remember...as Tim Allen says in the commercial..."its PURE MICHIGAN"....(hardcore sure...'dont know about the "pure" part!)

new topics

top topics

join