It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HHS Moves to Cancel More Insurance Plans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Looks like The Department of Health and Human Services is at it again.

This time they are "proposing" to gun-down another part of health insurance that many Americans "Like" and apparently won't be able to "keep" if HHS gets their way.

The plans in the cross-hairs are called fixed indemnity plans that seem to be cheaper policies and many people use them for specific reasons.

But naturally, those policies are not ACA compliant and this sounds like something that may have been missed during the long debate in 2009.

People may wonder why this has to be a "proposal" if the plans are not compliant ?

It must be a show of force.

Standard procedure for the Nervous Norvus complex that plagues the Administration.

I bet somebody got jealous when they found out somebody found a loophole to "get away" on the cheap.

I think people were attempting to buy these plans in order to offset the problems with the lower end priced ACA compliant plans that are mandatory now. Cheaper policies like these might actually be cheaper even with the fine for not having a new style policy.

I don't know.

The Department of Health and Human Services is proposing a rule that would, if implemented, guarantee that even more Americans who like their health insurance plans cannot keep them.

Fixed indemnity plans, which pay insured customers a set amount towards medical expenses and are often cost-effective relative to more comprehensive health insurance, are popular forms of coverage, and potentially becoming more popular in the wake of Obamacare.

Health insurance industry representatives say that fixed indemnity plans have been attracting more interest as many Americans look for a way to mitigate against the high deductibles applicable to many insurance policies available on the Obamacare exchanges (fixed indemnity plans are not Obamacare-compliant, but they are seen by some consumers as pairing nicely with Obamacare-compliant insurance).

HHS Moves to Cancel More Insurance Plans

related article...
HHS rule would further tighten noose on individual insurance market

Nervous Norvus says.....
Transfusion - Nervous Norvus

obamacare.jitters.gubr

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the song and the old advertising movie. I was there. I guess my '62 Corvair Monza was a little too late getting into the act.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Boy, Obama just flat out LIED about Obamacare in order to get re-elected, didn't he

Romney called it correct from the get go, about people paying more and losing their plans/doctors
Of course, he was condemned and accused of using scare tactics, when in fact he told the truth about the new healthcare

Well, who's the liars now????
Obama and company

They sure are racking up in that department to be sure....lying & deceiving seems to be their trademark

What a complete joke Obamacare has turned into!!!!!!!
Seems like it's hurting more people than helping them
Of course you won't hear that from the man himself

edit on 18-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
They will keep bending the law to suit them.

The S will HTF for me in October when my employer renegotiates our health insurance plan... renegotiate as in decides which plan the insurance offers that we can afford.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Dammit Xuenchen!

The government knows best!
People am stooped! They need to be taken care of!

Stop this insane approach to individuality and personal choices and personal freedoms!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Every time I see another one of these obamacare problems one thing comes to mind. We need the "Little Dutch Boy." Probably some insurance company CEO noticed the loop hole and cried to HHS.

top topics

join