If OWS had been armed, would they have been treated differently?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: gladtobehere

Theyve have been all shot at and killed. The Nat Guard killed 4 of us protestors at Kent State for carrying peace signs. Shot them DEAD

bummer. really?

they were peaceful?

read some history and not by CSN+Y.

find out who was behind kent state.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

You are insulting me. I WAS THERE AT KENT STATE. Where were you? I was one of the protestors, and its because of people as yourself...that I quit protesting.

Armchair "participants" judging the world's events from in front of a screen or inside some book...disappointing.

I was also in the area of Grand River and 12th St. (look it up) as the Army tanks rolled by during the Detroit Riots. And it didnt take a Crosby Stills and Nash tune...as it did you...to realize what was happening. I wore dirt on my sleeves from the flames.

Get out of your easy chair and participate instead of insulting people like me who protested FOR people like you...

Insulting...and sarcastic is no way to go through life, and let others do those things you wont.

MS
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: gladtobehere

As it was, local law enforcement was plotting to assassinate OWS organizers in Texas. I don't think that the majority of those involved were looking for armed conflict either, it was more about peaceful protest and civil disobedience, neither of which should require a firearm.

Instead of asking if they should have been armed, perhaps the real question is why did conservative media sh*t all over the OWS protesters?

Actually, why did conservatives in general sh*t all over them? I remember article after article in the online editions of several papers that were grossly anti-OWS and the comments were largely composed of people calling them hippies and criminals and filthy drug addicts who should get jobs and stop smoking crack. I would do my daily news scan of domestic media sources and see nothing but denigration of the protesters and then see images of police brutality at the U.S. protests in foreign sources. I remember remarking to my wife that it was truly a sad day in this country when I had to turn to foreign media outlets to see what was going on in my own country.

Here's what Rush Limbaugh had to say about OWS

RUSH: Part of me wishes it could be Columbus Day all year round. Did you notice the Wall Street protestors are so dedicated to their work they didn't take the day off, and they're being paid? They're being paid a lot. They didn't take the day off! Maybe the Obama campaign unions, the Democrat front groups -- of course I'm repeating myself there -- paid time-and-a-half, it's a holiday, it's Columbus Day, for working on a holiday, but you have to admire their dedication. I mean for most of these kids occupying Wall Street is the closest they've ever come to having any kind of occupation at all and they don't want to blow it.

The Tea party movement is/was corporate backed controlled opposition.
Outlaw Wall Street wasn't..

Here lies the difference. OWS was more of a threat and therefore was treated more severely.

<< 1  2   >>

join