Oklahoma bans local minimum wage hikes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: spurgeonatorsrevenge

Who the hell said anything about 'slashing' wages ?

Nice red herring there.

Although according to that concept of free market economics that is classic LIBERALISM.

The market dictates wages. Not the people who have never ran a GD business in their lives.

Do I look like a classic liberal to you? lol

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Our economy is now SERVICE based! Welcome to the big swirl of water before it is flushed!

Hell, I do believe history will show that technology and greed by government officials will bring a whole new meaning to the word "slavery"!

We used to make steel in America now we make Happy Meals!

But blame should be placed on corporate greed that influences the government officials via gifts, kickbacks, campaign donations, positions on the board of directors for $$$ etc; to influence laws that actually contribute to the coming "slavery"
The corporate oligarchy is the true slave masters and they call the shots. Not the voters and certainly not the workers.
I don't understand the hateful obsession with Obama when he is just another neocon shill dancing to the corporate tune.
edit on 18-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

oops...
edit on 18-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

He tried to work with them on Obamacare, they loaded it up with goodies for the corporations and then turned around and didn't vote for it.

What 'goodies' ?

Like being forced to cover 'preexisting' conditions ?

Or people up to the age of 26 still on their mommies, and daddies insurance ?

Not to mention, (I am paraphrasing from what I remember) "The Affordable Health Care is here to stay and MILLIONS of Americans are benefiting from it. But I don't want to talk about that! I want to talk about JOBS!!!!!

Millions of Americans WERE ALREADY covered under medicare, and medicaid.

So the US government was denying HEALTHCARE to Americans ?

Since that is why those programs were created after all.

For his signature piece of legislation, Obamacare, President Obama took whole sections from other pieces of legislation. Not only legislation, but according to a study released last September, he used whole sections of legislation proposed by the Republican Party.

Before anyone gets shocked, realize that it is common on Capital Hill for passages of failed bills to be recycled into newer bills over the years.When the study went over the American Care Act, also known as Obamacare, the study found that a sizable portion was written by Republicans. Here is the final breakdown:
ACA_Percentage in Obamacare
For the final bill, over 10% came from House Republicans, and almost 30% came from Senate Republicans. That brings the total GOP contribution to Obamacare to 38.5%, meaning that over a third of Obamacare was written by the Republican party.

www.addictinginfo.org...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I agree with everything you said except I do not blame the Corporations! Money talks! Always has always will! The blame is and should be put on the government officials that make decisions based upon paying off their loan shark versus the people whom elected them as a voice of Representation!

edit on 18-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Our economy is now SERVICE based! Welcome to the big swirl of water before it is flushed!

Hell, I do believe history will show that technology and greed by government officials will bring a whole new meaning to the word "slavery"!

We used to make steel in America now we make Happy Meals!

But blame should be placed on corporate greed that influences the government officials via gifts, campaign donations, positions on the board of directors for $$$ etc; to influence laws that actually contribute to the coming "slavery"
The corporate oligarchy is the true slave masters and they call the shots. Not the voters and certainly not the workers.

I agree with you, the government agenda is received from corporate America, not the other way around.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I agree with everything you said except I do not blame the Corporations! Money talks! Always has always will! The blame is and should be put on the government officials that make decisions based upon paying of their loan shark versus the people whom elected them as a voice of Representation!

Quick

Protect the elites

Again....

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: spurgeonatorsrevenge

I agree with everything you said except I do not blame the Corporations! Money talks! Always has always will! The blame is and should be put on the government officials that make decisions based upon paying of their loan shark versus the people whom elected them as a voice of Representation!

Quick

Protect the elites

Again....

Care to expound on that? Or are you getting to weak to continue your defense?

Can you not see that Corporations would NOT HAVE SNIT FOR POWER if it wasn't for corrupt political leaders????

Let me know if your posting under the influence. Send me a U2U at least I will know not to waste my time.....

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

For his signature piece of legislation, Obamacare, President Obama took whole sections from other pieces of legislation

So Obama and the Democrats are too stupid to write their own stuff they have to plagierize someone else's work ?

IS THAT IT ?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: CB328

Do you know what I find odd about this?

Why is it that minimum wage ONLY comes up right before an election?

If this was truly a cause that the Democrats believe in, why do they wait until an election to start talking about it?

You and I both know why!

Are you saying Democrats force Republicans to consistently block minimum wage legislation?

How do Democrats do that?

Obama had Democrat control of Congress for his first two years.

Was anything passed then ?

Hmmm.

Albert Einstein.

You do realize that thanks to BUSH the economy was in the toilet for years and employers were firing half a million people a month?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh that! OHHHHH you must of forgotten that little detail

Did you really just pull the BUSH card almost 8 years after hes gone? Seriously? give me a break......that card has been burned a long long time ago man.......get off that band wagon

Yes seriously,

We were talking about 2008

Are you saying he was not president then hotshot?

You coming in here without context makes you look foolish, but at least you pleased the Fox gang

Speaking of out of context apparently you didnt look at who I was replying to or the fact that this person threw out the ol "well bush did this" line WAY before any of the stuff on the last few pages came about.........

Gotta Love ATS sometimes and some peoples logic

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Oh really?? There's no one in Oklahoma making more than minimum wage is what your saying???

They call it a "minimum" wage, not a maximum wage. LOL.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus

Ah and this based on your personal experience? Checking up on available "services" in L.A.? N.Y.? Oklahoma?

I bet with the higher competition the rates are lower....isn't free enterprise wonderful?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

They call it a "minimum" wage, not a maximum wage. LOL.

Of course they do. The eternal stigma. It says, You're all alike. You are all minimally appreciated, you will be fired for BS in six months to a year so we can hire the next minimally invasive employee. Isn't it fun working here?

Enjoy your minimum life.

I don't expect anyone who has a computer to understand what I am talking about. Minimum wage earners can't afford one of those. They can't afford rent.
edit on 18-4-2014 by intrptr because: BB code

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Closed for Staff review.

ETA
Moved to the Mud Pit and reopened.
edit on Fri Apr 18 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join