It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma bans local minimum wage hikes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

When consumers have to pay MORE for the services and products they buy, what does that lead to? oh…..wait...less consumer spending.....

Phooey. A gallon of milk or gasoline is almost 5.oo here. 30 years ago the minimum wage was a few bucks. Wages have only doubled since then but the stuff everyone has to buy has quintupled.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus

I won't debate anything with anyone that will ignore readily provable facts.

REALLY ?

So who is ignoring these PROVEN FACTS ?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

The Democratic Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.

In the November 4, 2008 elections, the Democratic Party increased its majorities in both chambers, giving President Obama a Democratic majority in the legislature for the first two years of his presidency.

Something is definitely being IGNORED there.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
There's always voting the evil greedy people out of office.

2nd

To replace them with more evil greedy people, that sounds like a great idea lol

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: spurgeonatorsrevenge

2nd

Well golly gee.

What's YOUR solution?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Mamatus

I won't debate anything with anyone that will ignore readily provable facts.

REALLY ?

So who is ignoring these PROVEN FACTS ?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

The Democratic Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.

In the November 4, 2008 elections, the Democratic Party increased its majorities in both chambers, giving President Obama a Democratic majority in the legislature for the first two years of his presidency.

Something is definitely being IGNORED there.

Ya,

you guys are ignoring that the economy was on life support in 09'-10

It did not make sense to do it then when people were FIRING people

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: CB328

Do you know what I find odd about this?

Why is it that minimum wage ONLY comes up right before an election?

If this was truly a cause that the Democrats believe in, why do they wait until an election to start talking about it?

You and I both know why!

Are you saying Democrats force Republicans to consistently block minimum wage legislation?

How do Democrats do that?

Obama had Democrat control of Congress for his first two years.

Was anything passed then ?

Hmmm.

Albert Einstein.

You do realize that thanks to BUSH the economy was in the toilet for years and employers were firing half a million people a month?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh that! OHHHHH you must of forgotten that little detail

Did you really just pull the BUSH card almost 8 years after hes gone? Seriously? give me a break......that card has been burned a long long time ago man.......get off that band wagon

Yes seriously,

We were talking about 2008

Are you saying he was not president then hotshot?

You coming in here without context makes you look foolish, but at least you pleased the Fox gang

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: spurgeonatorsrevenge

It's on life support now!

Wait until the FED stops pumping money into it!

Amazing!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

2nd

I will tell you who is GREEDY.

The people who are crying about the minimum wage.

Since employers are already paying half of their employees medicare,and social security contributions.

All of their unemployment INSURANCE.

All of their work mans comp INSURANCE.

What makes Americans of today so effing special ?

WHAT ?

Why should the people of today get paid MORE than their parents got ?

Why should the people of today get paid MORE than their grandparents got ?

Hell they ALREADY are 'well comepensated' contrary to popular dogma.

Hell between fiat currency that gets devalued every time the government pulls it out of its snip, by printing it

Makes things more expensive.

Right along with asinine taxation that makes things more expensive.

Right along with asinine regulation that makes things more expensive.

People really need to take a real GD look at what they do have instead of crying about giving them more money so they can go out, and buy more stuff.

That is the epitome of GREED.
edit on 18-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

2nd

Well golly gee.

What's YOUR solution?

Break the union and let the Red fools work for $.50 an hour, let the corporations pollute their water, tank their banks, discriminate against whomever they choose, institute Christian law and set up an official PayPal account for corporations to influence politicians without all the BS.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

It was ?

Even with the DEMOCRAT majorities in the House and Senate during that same time period ?

Where were the jobs eh ?

More specifically WHERE WAS A GD WAGE INCREASE ?

Oh that's right forcing people to buy insurance was more 'important'.

Yep some people are STILL IGNORING reality.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

2nd

I will tell you who is GREEDY.

The people who are crying about the minimum wage.

Since employers are already paying half of their employees medicare,and medicaid contributions.

All of their unemployment INSURANCE.

All of their work mans comp INSURANCE.

What makes Americans of today so effing special ?

WHAT ?

Why should the people of today get paid MORE than their parents got ?

Why should the people of today get paid MORE than their grandparents got ?

Hell they ALREADY are 'well comepensated' contrary to popular dogma.

Hell between fiat currency that gets devalued every time the government pulls it out of its snip, by printing it

Makes things more expensive.

Right along with asinine taxation that makes things more expensive.

Right along with asinine regulation that makes things more expensive.

People really need to take a real GD look at what they do have instead of crying about giving them more money so they can go out, and buy more stuff.

That is the epitome of GREED.

Politicians giving more tax money to Billionaires is greed.

You are pretty clueless man, why don't we stop talking

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Neo!

You must have missed Emperor Obama yesterday blaming the Republicans for everything, then turning around and saying he wanted to work with them?????

Not to mention, (I am paraphrasing from what I remember) "The Affordable Health Care is here to stay and MILLIONS of Americans are benefiting from it. But I don't want to talk about that! I want to talk about JOBS!!!!!""""

Yea right!

Jobs didn't mean jack squat for 6 years! Now and election is coming up and your party is scared snipless of losing the Senate!

Go figure?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

What is clueless is this:

www.usdebtclock.org...

a 17 trillion dollar debt.

The money owed to the WELFARE INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX adds up to over $128 trillion dollars.

The promises made so Americans can go out, and buy more stuff.

www.usdebtclock.org...

The American republic has endured for well over two centuries, but over the past 50 years, the apparatus of American governance has undergone a radical transformation. In some basic respects—its scale, its preoccupations, even many of its purposes—the U.S. government today would be scarcely recognizable to Franklin D. Roosevelt, much less to Abraham Lincoln or Thomas Jefferson.

online.wsj.com...

In 2010 alone, government at all levels oversaw a transfer of over $2.2 trillion in money, goods and services. The burden of these entitlements came to slightly more than $7,200 for every person in America. Scaled against a notional family of four, the average entitlements burden for that year alone approached $29,000.

After 70 YEARS of the 'war on poverty' never before in this nations history there are now MORE people BROKE,MORE DEPENDENT on government for their existence than in this nations ENTIRE nations history.

People who IGNORE that are the 'clueless' ones, but hell RAISE THE MINIMUM WAGE ! ! !

That will solve everything.

Vilify the rich !

That will 'solve' everything too.

Although any wage increases are meaningless since it is eaten up by taxes so people don't see any real benefit.
edit on 18-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

No I didn't miss it.

I was cussing at the tv during the whole sham.

Willfully LYING like that.

The only thing the right is suppose to do is roll, over, and play dead, and act like a good little dog for him.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

What is clueless is this:

www.usdebtclock.org...

a 17 trillion dollar debt.

The money owed to the WELFARE INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX adds up to over $128 trillion dollars.

The promises made so Americans can go out, and buy more stuff.

www.usdebtclock.org...

The American republic has endured for well over two centuries, but over the past 50 years, the apparatus of American governance has undergone a radical transformation. In some basic respects—its scale, its preoccupations, even many of its purposes—the U.S. government today would be scarcely recognizable to Franklin D. Roosevelt, much less to Abraham Lincoln or Thomas Jefferson.

online.wsj.com...

In 2010 alone, government at all levels oversaw a transfer of over $2.2 trillion in money, goods and services. The burden of these entitlements came to slightly more than $7,200 for every person in America. Scaled against a notional family of four, the average entitlements burden for that year alone approached $29,000.

After 70 YEARS of the 'war on poverty' never before in this nations history there are now MORE people BROKE,MORE DEPENDENT on government for their existence than in this nations ENTIRE nations history.

People who IGNORE that are the 'clueless' ones, but hell RAISE THE MINIMUM WAGE ! ! !

That will solve everything.

Vilify the rich !

That will 'solve' everything too.

Although any wage increases are meaningless sine it is eaten up by taxes so people don't see any real benefit.

Great Neo

You have it figured out son

The best way to get people off entitlements is to slash wages and ensure their income does not keep up with inflation!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: neo96

Neo!

You must have missed Emperor Obama yesterday blaming the Republicans for everything, then turning around and saying he wanted to work with them?????

He tried to work with them on Obamacare, they loaded it up with goodies for the corporations and then turned around and didn't vote for it.

Again with the debt ceiling part 1-17

If I were Obama I wouldn't trust the GOP, he is a sucker for punishment

Not to mention, (I am paraphrasing from what I remember) "The Affordable Health Care is here to stay and MILLIONS of Americans are benefiting from it. But I don't want to talk about that! I want to talk about JOBS!!!!!""""

Jobs didn't mean jack squat for 6 years! Now and election is coming up and your party is scared snipless of losing the Senate!

Don't make me have to post youtube clips of Obama talking about jobs in the past, don't you guys get tired of the Obama obsession?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Who the hell said anything about 'slashing' wages ?

Nice red herring there.

Although according to that concept of free market economics that is classic LIBERALISM.

The market dictates wages. Not the people who have never ran a GD business in their lives.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Entitlement programs wouldn't be a damn issue if our government (Democrats/Republicans) didn't sell our damn manufacturing abilities out to China! Look no further than Bill Clinton for selling out our steel industry and NAFTA! Yes it is personal to me because I grew up in now what is called the "rust belt" in Western PA. My father and many of my families friends lost their jobs due to slick Willy!

Our economy is now SERVICE based! Welcome to the big swirl of water before it is flushed!

Hell, I do believe history will show that technology and greed by government officials will bring a whole new meaning to the word "slavery"!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

He tried to work with them on Obamacare, they loaded it up with goodies for the corporations and then turned around and didn't vote for it.

What 'goodies' ?

Like being forced to cover 'preexisting' conditions ?

Or people up to the age of 26 still on their mommies, and daddies insurance ?

Not to mention, (I am paraphrasing from what I remember) "The Affordable Health Care is here to stay and MILLIONS of Americans are benefiting from it. But I don't want to talk about that! I want to talk about JOBS!!!!!

Millions of Americans WERE ALREADY covered under medicare, and medicaid.

So the US government was denying HEALTHCARE to Americans ?

Since that is why those programs were created after all.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Entitlement programs wouldn't be a damn issue if our government (Democrats/Republicans) didn't sell our damn manufacturing abilities out to China!

Yeah they would be sorry to disagree here.

They were never designed to work. Other people are paying for the benefits received. Because the people who are using them are not paying in what they get out of them.

Which is why the employers have to match the contribution.

Which is what income taxes from people who actually pay it goes to those programs.

Which is why the 'alternative minimum tax' was created.

Which is why the 'medicare surtax' was created.

The US government has no business in the 'healthcare' business, or the retirement business because they all DESTROY jobs, that create wealth, which in turns create tax revenue that is needed to pay governments bills.

The function of the US government is not to pay for our existence, or pay our bills.

OR give people their every little hearts desire.

That is up to the people themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join