Oklahoma bans local minimum wage hikes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Wow, first they want to stop solar power, now this. Oklahoma is one of the worst states in the country and they are working hard to keep it that way. This can't be about "saving jobs" because there's no where nearby for the jobs to go to, even if they do lose them, which isn't very likely. Study after study in my state of Washington shows that minimum wage increases don't kill many jobs, if any, but they do boost the economy and make workers lives a lot better. Obviously OK is just looking out for business peoples' profits and not their people.

money.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Do you know what I find odd about this?

Why is it that minimum wage ONLY comes up right before an election?

If this was truly a cause that the Democrats believe in, why do they wait until an election to start talking about it?

You and I both know why!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The issue is about participation in the work force which is already diminishing at the hands of everyday excessive legislation and regulation even without these kinds of ill-conceived notions of assistive interference.

Minimum Wage = Maximum Nonsense - A Masochistic Invitation to Derision
edit on 18-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

If this was truly a cause that the Democrats believe in, why do they wait until an election to start talking about it?

You and I both know why!

Are you saying Democrats force Republicans to consistently block minimum wage legislation?

How do Democrats do that?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Compare price increases to wage increases in general and you see the disparity.

Passing laws to cap wage increases is the cherry on top.

The next bill they'll pass will be to increase their wages.

Law makers are the real law breakers.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Compare price increases to wage increases in general and you see the disparity.

Passing laws to cap wage increases is the cherry on top.

The next bill they'll pass will be to increase their wages.

Law makers are the real law breakers.

No, I think the next logical step is to lower minimum wage or abolish it.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: spurgeonatorsrevenge

Democrats had control and failed to do anything about it then!

Or is it more convenient to say OOPS, it's the Republicans fault?

Bottom line, neither party gives a damn about your or me until it is time for us to select one criminal over the other...come election time!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I agree with Seeker1963, why does this only come up before elections? What point are you trying to make about Oklahoma? It sucks? OK, don't move there. Other than that why do you care?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Goteborg

I agree with Seeker1963, why does this only come up before elections? What point are you trying to make about Oklahoma? It sucks? OK, don't move there. Other than that why do you care?

Because conservative law makers across the country consistently side with the rich, big business and monied interests over the working class. Then they turn around and GIVE the rich even more consideration, while doing all they can to keeping the working class nearly destitute.

That is the point.

Okie ass conservatives hate welfare?

Well Skeeter, pay your citizens a living wage and they will not have to get food stamps and other such things.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The working poor will always be taken advantage of. So we pretend to pay them and they pretend to work...is it any wonder service sucks everywhere you go? Oklahoma makes Texas look down right progressive
edit on 18-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: spurgeonatorsrevenge

You and I both know why!

Are you saying Democrats force Republicans to consistently block minimum wage legislation?

Obama had Democrat control of Congress for his first two years.

Was anything passed then ?

Hmmm.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Why does there need to be a flat minimum wage to begin with? Shouldn't the minimum wage of a company be tied to a company's profits or a percentage of the top executive's salary?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Because conservative law makers across the country consistently side with the rich, big business and monied interests over the working class. Then they turn around and GIVE the rich even more consideration, while doing all they can to keeping the working class nearly destitute.

That is the point.

Well Skeeter, pay your citizens a living wage and they will not have to get food stamps and other such things.

Have you ever taken a moment to question the ideological thought process behind such demands.

Nag to your superiors until they give you what you want . . . mental process of a slave.

Wake up and realize you have to provide for you and yours. This is darwinism in action, those who can do and those who can't don't.

-FBB
edit on 18-4-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

You and I both know why!

Obama had Democrat control of Congress for his first two years.

Was anything passed then ?

Hmmm.

Albert Einstein.

You do realize that thanks to BUSH the economy was in the toilet for years and employers were firing half a million people a month?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh that! OHHHHH you must of forgotten that little detail

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: FriedBabelBroccoli

That is the point.

Have you ever taken a moment to question the ideological thought process behind such demands.

Nag to your superiors until they give you what you want . . . mental process of a slave.

Wake up and realize you have to provide for you and yours. This is darwinism in action, those who can do and those who can't don't.

-FBB

Yes, the thought process is called "looking out for your countrymen"

Protecting the "superior's" without a thought is the mental exercise of a slave.

This kind of legislation is created to protect the "superiors" and I will not help you guys do their bidding without pointing it out.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It isn't a "wage cap". It stops small pockets of democrats, in counties/cities, from using a MANDATORY wage increase as a political tool just before an election.

Companies are free to, and many do, pay more than any "minimum wage".

The Dems are famous for this move. Bill Clinton, after two years of complete control of both houses NEVER raised the minimum wage. When the republicans won the house, that's when the dems tried to use it as a voting lever. Standard tactic.

Want higher wages? Induce industry to come to your state. If your attract enough, there will be a labor shortage...up go the wages. Check out the wages in the oil booming states, N. Dakota, a lot of Texas...higher wages.

That's how it's done.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FriedBabelBroccoli

That is the point.

-FBB

Yes, the thought process is called "looking out for your countrymen"

Protecting the "superior's" without a thought is the mental exercise of a slave.

This kind of legislation is created to protect the "superiors" and I will not help you guys do their bidding without pointing it out.

Well they say BS talks . . . or was it the other way around?

You can shout on the street corner all you like, but look at all the good that does.

-FBB
edit on 18-4-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Wow, first they want to stop solar power, now this. Oklahoma is one of the worst states in the country and they are working hard to keep it that way. This can't be about "saving jobs" because there's no where nearby for the jobs to go to, even if they do lose them, which isn't very likely. Study after study in my state of Washington shows that minimum wage increases don't kill many jobs, if any, but they do boost the economy and make workers lives a lot better. Obviously OK is just looking out for business peoples' profits and not their people.

money.cnn.com...

Right so.....the economy isnt doing so hot, the dollar value is dropping, Obama care is costing small businesses even more money and forcing some out of business cause they cant afford to play ball with the gov and now were gonna increase minimum wage?

Sounds to me like Obama and his admin are TRYING to put business under....

Anyone who has ANY understanding of economics would know a minimum wage hike is NOT a good thing...

People need to stop looking at things at their face value and do research.....

Yet when their groceries and other necessities go SKY high , they will complain.......hmm wonder why?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
There's always voting the evil greedy people out of office.

2nd

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
The working poor will always be taken advantage of. So we pretend to pay them and they pretend to work...is it any wonder service sucks everywhere you go? Oklahoma makes Texas look down right progressive

Texas has the strongest economy in all of the US, and the strongest economic future.....

Say what you want about Texas......but obviously were doing something right!

(just a statement not really drawing you out here)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join