It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Apple's maps found the Loch Ness Monster?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
It's spelled and pronounced Loch Ness (the ch is a softer sound that a lot of non-Scots don't use and have trouble making)

I agree it looks the same but i have looked at this on Apple Maps and the object is there and looks the same so, if it is a hoax it's being perpetrated by someone on the inside at Apple...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: flyingfish
a reply to: Thebusiness

close but no cigar

LOL! Keep your cigar!

Seeing how one image is from Google and the other from Apple, I would say they are not the same exact image. However, we do know that the catamaran Jacobite Warrior provides tours on the Lock annually and is the most likely suspect do to its catamaran shape, size and resulting wake.

You can even make out the upper deck if you look closely at the sat images..

1st picture in that post is clearly the same shape as the wake in the OP image. Case closed!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Scotscorps84

but crucially, there is an actual boat in the first picture. case re-opened!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Very interesting. The only thing I can come up with, logically, is that it is a number of vehicles traveling together. However, if you take a look at the other boats that are in the water to the bottom right, you'll notice how obvious they are with their white tops. It would be unlikely that whatever it is is a single boat, as it is simply just too large in comparison to the other normal sized boats, which are likely between 12-20 feet or larger.

So, the only thing I can think of that would not label this a monster, is a number of boats together that are dark in color.

The only issue with this, is that boats don't break the water in front of them like it is shown in the photograph.

Intriguing, but not definitive, would be my answer.

EDIT:

Here is a blown up version of the image. I've outlined what could appear to be a very large ships outline. But it still doesn't make sense, as It would be partially invisible.

Still leaves more questions than answers
edit on 21/4/14 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
100% certain that this is a boat. Someone just got creative with photoshop.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

are you informing me that apple has their own maps now? is this an advertisement?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz

the wake and size match exactly to the google image photo. its been proven that boats that size operate on the loch in that exact area. it's either am overlap/glitch or someone at apple thought the outline of the boats and wake looked like a fish and decided to photoshop it to spark debate.

Correct me if I'm wrong but at one point The Stig from BBCs Top Gear or at least someone dressed as him was photographed by the banks of Lochness by employees during google stretview's tour of the area, so it may be entirley possible someone thought itd be funny

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Crowley must be smiling right about now.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Here is a blown up version of the image. I've outlined what could appear to be a very large ships outline. But it still doesn't make sense, as It would be partially invisible.

It's dimmer because of the way different images are stitched together to create a seamless image. The area with Nessie is not simply the low contrast image, but it's also blended with a higher contrast image without the boat, which is why you can see some texture in the surface of the water through the boat wake, making it look like it's underwater.

The only issue with this, is that boats don't break the water in front of them like it is shown in the photograph.

The Jacobite Queen does create the wake.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Via Google earth, north of the site of the original image, between Lochend and Kirkton, a very similar image can be found, but with no shadow or overlay.
Plus reading previous posts I'm quite convinced that aint no nessie.

(sorry no pic, not sure how and pretty lazy)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Post in error.
edit on 22-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

And Nessie does?
But are you sure about that?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
100% certain that this is a boat. Someone just got creative with photoshop.

Photoshop's Content-Aware fill is so easy to use that creativity is not even needed to achieve pro looking results.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Basking Shark?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MrKipling

Not in a fresh water lake.

It's a boat.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Here is some more Loch Ness boat tours:

www.scotlandguides.org...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Photoshop's Content-Aware fill is so easy to use that creativity is not even needed to achieve pro looking results.

Just realized that sounds just like some kind of advertisement.

I would imagine Photoshop would sell REAL well here.

I PROMISE I don't work for Adobe...

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
It actually kinda looks like a whale shark to me.
They get pretty big.
There was also a documentary about a antarctic shark that get pretty big and can sometimes find its way into the Loch, so for now ill see either one of them

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join