Obama's Watergate: Emails Reveal IRS Plot To Jail Conservatives

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A series of emails from ex-IRS official Lois Lerner, who twice refused to answer questions from Congress about her targeting of conservative groups, reveals she was in contact with Eric Holder’s Department of Justice about prosecuting those organizations, according to the Washington watchdog group Judicial Watch.

“These new emails show that the day before she broke the news of the IRS scandal, Lois Lerner was talking to a top Obama Justice Department official about whether the DOJ could prosecute the very same organizations that the IRS had already improperly targeted,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton Wednesday.

Fitton said the IRS emails show the Department of Justice is now implicated and conflicted in the IRS scandal.

“No wonder we had to sue in federal court to get these documents,” he said.

The IRS has admitted creating special hurdles for conservatives opposing President Obama’s policies as they tried to acquire tax-exempt status leading up to the 2012 election. Among the hurdles were a demand to know the content of a group’s prayers and a promise not to protest the abortion business Planned Parenthood.

Source

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This new info is already being discussed here somewhere, but yes, Watergate was small potatoes compared to what's happening in Washington today. The Obama administration makes the Nixon administration look like mere amateurs. Unfortunately we'll see nothing come of it because most of those in congress are complicit in these crimes, including allowing an illegal alien run the country.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Well apparently the rest of my OP is MIA. I added another couple of paragraphs to outline my frustration and the precedence being set.

Can you point out where this is being discussed? I haven't seen it and search doesn't wield any responses that match.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: freakjive
a reply to: Bilk22

Well apparently the rest of my OP is MIA. I added another couple of paragraphs to outline my frustration and the precedence being set.

Can you point out where this is being discussed? I haven't seen it and search doesn't wield any responses that match.
Here and here. Just letting you know and not trying to be obtuse.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The lamestream media ignores it. They're pathetic cheerleaders for Obama.

Where's the investigation of this or Benghazi?

We're the investigation into his fake birth certificate release (not matter what you think of this issue it's clear he released a photoshopped certificate) or his multiple social security numbers etc?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
For gods sake. I know facts won't make a difference here, but ...

Read the first sentence of the email that's being trumpeted.

Richard Pilger of DOJ contacted Lerner based on a suggestion of Senator Whitehouse of Rhode Island in a hearing on criminal perjury claims. Lerner is responding to DOJ.

Right Wing media is SO desperate to find a connection and to prove something that doesn't exist that they are going to do anything ... even fabricate something that is as obviously incorrect as this.

Hey, here's a conspiracy ... what if there WERE a number of shill "tea party patriot groups" being freshly minted in 2010 submitting applications claiming they were all about social welfare ... when they were in fact simply conduits for dark money?

Any of you ever think about that possibility?

If not, why not? Ask yourself if you're only brainwashed when it comes to anti-liberal/anti-Obama claptrap.

Deny ignorance. Even your own.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Someone should demand that Eric Holder investigate Eric Holder immediately.

Bring himself and others involved to justice.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

You know what happens when he does?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Dammit man. I was enjoying my redbull and now my phone is soaked with it.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Wait for the Ranting and Raving from the Left When We Re-Take The House in 2016.

You think they use the race card NOW!

ETA: Sorry OP not trying to go Off Topic.
edit on 18-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)
edit on 18-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

Wait for the Ranting and Raving from the Left When We Re-Take The House in 2016.

You think they use the race card NOW!

ETA: Sorry OP not trying to go Off Topic.

Well, I don't know who "we" is ... but the Republicans already have the majority in the House.

Just one of those facts though. Not as much fun as comics, LOL. /eyeroll

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You're right, my mistake, I meant the Senate of-course and the White House is next.
After the disastrous time we've had with Obama, Pelosi and Reid, their control is coming to an end.
American's have suffered enough.
What we seen.

What I believe you'll seen Nov.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I don't trust any of the US elections, seems to me they weren't legit, and that their computerized voting system gets hacked alot. Not sure Bush Jr. or Obama got in legitimately second time around.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

So "we're" the Republicans, eh? So much for denying ignorance.

BTW, you guys have a SLIM chance for a SLIM majority in 2014, but in 2016 you will be defending a whole host of hard to win seats. Plus, you have zero viable national candidates for President. Plus, if you DO take both chambers in 2014, then you'll be facing two years of blame in 2016 for continuing to do ... nothing.

But, I'm glad to see we're scraping the very thin veneer off all this "anti-guvment" crap and showing it for the partisan clap-trap for which it is.

Makes me proud.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So "we're" the Republicans, eh? So much for denying ignorance.

BTW, you guys have a SLIM chance for a SLIM majority in 2014, but in 2016 you will be defending a whole host of hard to win seats. Plus, you have zero viable national candidates for President. Plus, if you DO take both chambers in 2014, then you'll be facing two years of blame in 2016 for continuing to do ... nothing.

But, I'm glad to see we're scraping the very thin veneer off all this "anti-guvment" crap and showing it for the partisan clap-trap for which it is.

Makes me proud.

I don't think you're reading the same news I am, but then again, I don't listen to NPR or read the HUFF for news.

WASHINGTON — Democrats are finding that their path to keeping control of the U.S. Senate this year is getting bumpier.

At least four states where Democrats hold Senate seats that once were seen as fairly safe are now considered in play: Michigan, Iowa, Colorado and New Hampshire.

They join seven states with Democratic incumbents where analysts see decent bets for Republican pickups: Alaska, Arkansas, Louisiana, Montana, North Carolina, South Dakota and West Virginia. Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney carried all seven in 2012.

The new four are now battlegrounds for the same reasons that plague Democrats elsewhere. The Affordable Care Act is detested in many circles. Anyone associated with Washington is often toxic. And popular Republicans who are running for other offices are often on the ballot.

“The common thread is that there’s a Democrat in the White House who’s not that popular,” said Kyle Kondik, the managing editor of Sabato’s Crystal Ball, a nonpartisan research group at the University of Virginia. “It wouldn’t be surprising if any of those states went Republican.’

With Obama and H. Reid and Pelosi Dirtying The Party, I wouldn't be Surprised Either!!

Trouble for Democrat's

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
ROFL

I'm not sure if Eric is performing a "doggy style" clean up or has a severe case of rectal cephalicia

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

You know what happens when he does?

Sorry, I forgot if I had flaged this and when I hit "flag" my flag went away

However,

I'm not sure if Eric is performing a "doggy style" clean up or has a severe case of rectal cephalicia
edit on V352014Saturdaypm30America/ChicagoSat, 19 Apr 2014 17:35:10 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I have to believe that after the resent fiasco with H. Reid and the BLM. People are thinking one thing, Obama and his Thugs are getting to Big for their Britches and need to be removed!
This Assemblywoman Michele Fiore, has my VOTE if I could Vote in that state, or if she decides to run for POTUS.
Just Saying, I like her Style!

Fiore for the win! The Assemblywoman is feisty, unflappable, stays on message, goes at Hayes hard, and comes out looking great. A terrific segment and a good interview by Hayes, amazingly enough. The best part was when she left him flat-footed right at the end after catching him with the slaughter question. Although Hayes salvages the moment for himself with the barbecue crack. You can agree or disagree with Bundy or Fiore all you want, but that is how you handle a hostile interview.

Someone call Michele Fiore and tell her to seek higher office immediately. Or at least have her email me for an interview!!

Link

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
No, I'm sure you get your news from Fox News, Daily Caller, Red State, et. al.

And that's the great thing about America, you know?

It's just, you know, after that whole Romney 2012 Landslide thing ... are you sure these guys are the best sources?

Ah, forget it.

See, here's the thing. When you never leave the Right Wing Echo Chamber, you really start to believe that the whole US does believe this crap ... and we don't. Not even close. You keep the faith though!

Now, back to the topic ... 2016 ... who was the electable, nationally-recognized and admired, able to pull in Independents to the ever-shrinking Republican Base .... viable GOP candidate for President again?

Christie? Paul? Bush? Jindal? Ryan? Bachman? Palin?

new topics

top topics

join