It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Initiation into...whatever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Can initiation into "truth" (whatever that is) be personalized and informal or must the process necessarily be accessed though a formal action and manifestation of this desire? (Discipleship, mystery school, invocation, ritual, meditation, visualization etc)

I want to be magnetized into the direction that is best aligned with my true self. Meaning, I would prefer the path to reveal itself to me rather than me choosing the path based on intellect, emotional responses, propaganda and/or indoctrination. A spiritual choice. Does this make sense?

How can this path show itself to me? How can I ask truth into my life without labeling it or limiting it to a name ? I feel I'm ready for the veil to be lifted but I am not sure how to take the first step.

Thank you in advance for your responses!

edit on 18-4-2014 by lupodigubbio because: typo

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
By questioning and seeking answers you are taking steps forward already.
Look inward for Truth, as everything outwards is elusive and illusive by it's very nature.

If you need more info than that, maybe check this thread out, it has tons of surprises all the way through. And I'll call this other thread a spoiler in case you want the scenic route.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Question everything - no need for the word truth

School claims, media claims, science claims, religion claims, parents claims, your own claims, the meaning of words. Your eyes claims, your ears claims, but neither should you drop them and become blind to them - everything, including manipulative content or a movement from a person include extractable information, if you know how to extract it. Even the invisible around you.
Even question yourself. Your whole base of how you analyze.
Use one and the same way to analyze and reorganize everything and improve this one way forever, because you will never reach perfection.
When you found parts of information of a specific level of understanding, you will also know how to search for more of it from others, but again be questioning, even if 98% is equal to you.

Many people all around you try to help you, to guide you, try to tell you things, give you the next level of understanding, but before you aren't ready to extract information in a specific way, you will not hear them.
Group division, information preventing you to understand other information, seeing the mind behind the given words, not the words themselves and so on.
First consider everyone and everything the same and then look for the real differences in .. % chance!
Never be satisfied with yes or no, as it is never the truth.

You'll reach steps of understanding which will look as if anything before was wrong, and you can accomplish a lot more, because you see above the world.

Repeating things is also helpful.
Reading texts with a new understanding reveals more.
Watching manipulative content or situations between people over and over reveals more problems and solutions.
edit on 18-4-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If you are able then try putting yourself in a state where you can believe something for testing what the belief will give you and then observe what the belief gave you.

Maybe see the religions/knowledge that you can use to see the shift in you and around you if you follow that tool. Sometimes different tools complement one another an become even bigger tools even if the tools are said to be adversaries.

Good luck.

edit on 18-4-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lupodigubbio

life is *interactive*
it's like the bible says "knock, and the door will open"
when you set your mind to something
it slowly (or quickly) manifests in your life
you can be part of a group or you can do that by yourself
personally, i don't like groups

the first steps?

A young man came to a sage one day and asked, "Sire, what must I do to become wise?"

The sage vouchsafed no answer. The youth after repeating his question a number of times, with a like result, at last left him, to return the next day with the same question. Again no answer was given and the youth returned on the third day, still repeating his question, "Sire what must I do to become wise?"

Finally the sage turned and went down to a near-by river. He entered the water, bidding the youth follow him. Upon arriving at a sufficient depth the sage took the young man by the shoulders and held him under the water, despite his struggles to free himself. At last, however, he released him and when the youth had regained his breath the sage questioned him:

"Son, when you were under the water what did you most desire?" The youth answered without hesitation, "Air, air! I wanted air!" "Would you not rather have had riches, pleasure, power or love, my son? Did you not think of any of these?" queried the sage. "No, sire! I wanted air and though only of air," came the instant re- sponse.

"Then," said the sage, "To become wise you must desire wisdom with as great intensity as you just now desired air. You must struggle for it, to the exclusion of every other aim in life. It must be your one and only as- piration, by day and by night. If you seek wisdom with that fervor, my son, you will surely become wise."

there's a saying, when you make your mind calm like a still lake great birds of wisdom will come..
i think prayer & meditation are the most powerful things a person can do here, it's like planting seeds

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Old saying from who knows where.
If you see the path before you,,,,its some one elses.
third line.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: lupodigubbio
I want to be magnetized into the direction that is best aligned with my true self. Meaning, I would prefer the path to reveal itself to me rather than me choosing the path based on intellect, emotional responses, propaganda and/or indoctrination. A spiritual choice. Does this make sense?
How can this path show itself to me? How can I ask truth into my life without labeling it or limiting it to a name ? I feel I'm ready for the veil to be lifted but I am not sure how to take the first step.

The 'true self' is nowhere else but where you are already - there is no 'path' to it. Any step will lead you away. The 'true self' is already everything there is - but is there any 'thing' seeing what is actually appearing?

The one and only is here now as this - it is both the scene that is here and the seer of the scene.
Thought arises - it is in search of more, thought creates the illusion that there is more.
The dream is already complete - it is the one.

The I thought creates the illusion that there is more and a dream within the one dream begins - the dream of an illusionary individual who appears to be looking for truth. That dreamt divided one (illusionary I) seeks that which it is appearing within.

edit on 19-4-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: lupodigubbio
I feel I'm ready for the veil to be lifted but I am not sure how to take the first step.

Be conscious that you are conscious.
Know that you are knowing that which is showing up.

The beloved is that which is presenting itself - always presently.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There are some great posts in this thread so far and I agree with most if not all of them.

I would be willing to add, though, that there are ways to discover your "true path" but you must be open enough to perceive the "language" that spells it out for you.

When I first walked my path and got into the realm of perceiving spiritual and metaphysical concepts, my path was "relayed" to me through signs, omens, synchronicities, or the politically correct term "meaningful coincidences." This in of itself is helpful if you are able to interpret what's happening as being one of those special things, but overall they are no different than normal things that happen in your daily life.

One day I sat there and said to myself, "I'm experiencing so much right now that seems to add up, but I'm sort of afraid to accept these things as being more than they are. Perhaps I should temporarily throw out my disbelief, and stop considering coincidences as being just coincidences. Surely, if they are something more, the meaning will become known."

And it truly did. I was lead through synchronicities to an amazing book on the subject called "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho. The book, in essence, talks about this and the internal alchemy a young boy goes through once he realizes his true path in life. Although the book is supposed to be a fiction, the meaning and philosophy of the book is astounding. One part still resonates with me to this day:

When a person discovers their true path and starts walking it, the universe itself conspires to help this person. It speaks to them in the Language of the Universe.

The "language" of the universe is omens/synchronicities.

Bottom line is that finding your true path in life is going to test you in ways you cannot fathom because it will involve you having to have faith not only in the external world and all the fun mystical stuff out there (to a certain degree) but also have faith in yourself as a being of import, something that can make and perceive these changes and is worthy of it. I've found the latter to be the hardest part because, as the saying goes, we are our own worst enemies.

I bid you luck in your journeys friend!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Wisdom is the state of "knowing" not knowledge.It can't be experienced by discipleship, or studied in a mystery school,it is not an invocation,or ritual,It can't be meditated to or visualized.Every method to attain it will fail because it is unattainable by "works".

It's the state of being you are in after your Belief System has been destroyed.Everyone has a personal Belief System which they have "faith" in and is "their religion" whether they believe or know it or not.It is inextricably tied to everything they have experienced.It is acted upon by their nature and character.No one can "believe" outside of their Belief System.It is a prison with invisible bars that is growing smaller as their Belief System grows bigger.

The only way to be in a state of knowing is to be freed from the prison of your Belief System which is impossible to do by any self effort.The fact is NONE that live in the physical realm have ever been nor will be in the state of knowing while living in the physical realm.It is impossible.The physical realm is the illusional matter of the Belief System.It is the realm of delusion.The state of" not knowing"...i.e...it is belief.

The fact is everyone who is alive in the physical realm is in "the conception process" as is all of the physical realm.The physical realm is the "womb."There will come an "age" when all will be born out of the womb of the physical realm...and no..that is not reincarnation.The new birth is being born into a higher realm (of infinite realms) that is unknown because all in the physical realm are in the valley of the shadow of death...the lower realm of imperception.The the lowest is the realm of death which the physical realm is in the shadow of.Everyone will descend it to the lowest realm before being "raised".

The state of "knowing" cannot be perceived in the physical realm.It is of the realm of Life the core meaning of "spirit". It is not "mysticism" and religion is it's antithesis.The bottom line is you will be "born" when you are "born".There is no way to know how or when etc etc..or do ANYTHING to cause it to happen however what can be known is that mankind is not in a "state" of knowing. That is the upper limits of perception in the physical realm.

It will be revealed to you and everyone in another age not the physical realm age.If you try to do the above methods(or any method which is always just religion) to attain "wisdom" you will fail and at it's worse deceive yourself that you have not failed and "believe" through your Belief System that you have "ascended" and attained wisdom in some form.Nothing could be further from the Truth.

All the efforts of man to attain wisdom are in vain.As a wise man once said who was wise ONLY because he knew..." vanity of vanities ALL is vanity".Your purpose in life is simply to live.... because that is all you can do.Your nature and character will form your Belief System and you will live through it.It is impossible to escape IN the physical realm life..It is all part of the process of LIFE.The delusion is in believing your life can be something other than what it is by a "methodology" of any kind.Only your "perception" of circumstances change. The process will continue unimpeded by your effort to effect it.LIFE is a long ride and it has not begun yet.You'll need to grow "real" arms to hold onto your seat....have a nice trip.

edit on 19-4-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thank you all for your kind replies. Much appreciated and lots of important advice that I will certainly take into consideration.

top topics

join