It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just In: Obama Accused By Congressman Of Illegal Action At Bundy Ranch

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

So I guess that means if I want to give my property taxes to my local school district instead of the County tax assessors office, that should e OK too?

If the local school district owned your property, then you would have a valid point, but they don't. So your comparison is idiotic at best.

Or how about when I gas up my car, I just give the money owed to my local Hobby Lobby instead of the gas station owner?

Again- a pointless silly argument that does not compare to the situation we have here.

What a pathetic argument!

Yes I agree. Your argument is very pathetic and it just goes to show you have no true understanding of what this issue is really all about.

Not at all! Some of the biggest nuts in America today are politicians and local law enforcement. Sheriffs like Joe Arpio of Arizona, or legislators like Steve Stockman, Louie Gohmert, Ted Cruz, Stella Tremblay, Jim Jordan, Jason Chaffetz, Mike Huckabee, Michele Bachmann, Eric Cantor, Steve Lavin, Mike Lee, Allen West, just to name a few. Really, I could go on listing radical right-wing legislators "till the cows come home" and every one of them is as crazy as the day is long, but what's the use?

And what about the radical left wing legislators? Do they not exist in your world? Most of those you list I would hardly call "radical" to begin with.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
ka reply to: Flatfish

With respect to the legislators in those 9 states
who think they're going to take control of federal
land, well I have to say that they sound just bat-crap crazy enough to fit right in the "Nest." Yeah,
you can put them on my list too.

Somehow, I knew you were going to say that. But, it also proves you didn't bother to click, and even slightly peruse the link that I provided.

You see, that committee was meeting LONG before the Bundy incident even happened. Seems they have been working on this a long time.

Indeed, they have already successfully passed this legislation for Utah, and won the land rights for the State of Utah. Two years ago.

So now, even though you are entitled to your opinion, it proves your guessing at what may happen has fallen flat. It already has, and is, for other states. Including Nevada. They are just a bit behind, timewise.

You, perhaps, should have read the article.

www.sltrib.com...

Just in case.

www.utah.gov...

Governor Herbert, Federal Delegation,
and State Legislators Join Together to
Demand Transfer of Public Lands to
Utah

Mar 23 2012

SALT LAKE CITY - Today, Utah Governor Gary R.
Herbert signed House Bill 148, which demands the
federal government make good on the promises
made in the 1894 Enabling Act to extinguish title to
federal lands in Utah.

The funny part is, the people on that committee, and that worked to pass this law were largely Democrats.

How is that for irony? You put Democrats on your bat crazy list?!

edit on 20-4-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

No, I will not let the rich off that easy. It is personal when my grandchildren suffer because they have begun to hoard everything, jobs, money. And I am so sorry for you that they cannot see that you are a human being with needs that require a job.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It appears to me that many people posting are picking certain "facts" to be upset about.

1. Bundy is in the wrong (if you go solely by court decisions)
2. The BLM/federal government over-reacted with snipers, etc.
3. I don't think the BLM had authority to kill and bury Bundy's cattle (assuming this is true)

Both parties are wrong.

A tangent:
Courts derive their powers from Constitutions (federal and state). When governments begin to disregard their own constitution and treat citizens the way the are increasingly treating them then we will continue to see issues like these.

Specific issues like government agency/LE agency over-reaction to arguably minor offenses.

Bundy being right/wrong doesn't explain the BLM reaction/actions to the situation.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish
why does the boneheads of land management even have ARMED SOLDIERS if they have someone violating the law why don't they just call fbi or us marshals if they are having a problem with the local law enforcement being these 2 are police agencies.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
since we are blaming Obama, I just stubbed my toe. Had that damn Obama signed an exec order requiring walls to be made of marshmallows I would be fine, but I'm not *shakes fist at Obama*

Bundy owes money, and the feds over-reacted. Good thing the amount they were trying to collect didn't exceed the budget....oh wait

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName

eh; I guess I get your point; though I think I disagree with it.

but consider the sheer amount of wealth we're talking about here. and consider the needs of society?

The wealthy are only wealthy because they had an enviroment in which there was infrastructure and resources (human and natural) with which to manipulate in their interest.

Therefore; having used (or having had their forbearer use) this infrastructure and resources, they must pay for the system that granted the infrastructure and resources. (this includes even those things that don't directly impact them, the more money they make, chances are the greater their reliance on society/social-infrastructure to make said money, thus the greater their debt to society).

Also; we must discuss the sort of callousness you seem to bring; we're not talking about knick-knacks, electric gits, or whatever, a lot of taxes are used merely to pay for the maintaining of the old, the young, the disabled, and the poor.

are you trying to use the "you didn't build that" bs from obama?

yeah, GOD built that! not the BLM.

and what sheer amount of wealth? the money the gov spent? he only owes a million bucks!!! (allegedly) do you know how fast the gov pisses away a mil? don't even go there.

what happened to the turtles? the gov killed them coz they didn't have the money to feed them, lol!!! (something i read from another site) because of the rescission. what, no gas to drive them somewhere else? lol!!
seems like the cows are not their real enemy.

save your bleeding heart, dude. you have obama care.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

No, I will not let the rich off that easy. It is personal when my grandchildren suffer because they have begun to hoard everything, jobs, money. And I am so sorry for you that they cannot see that you are a human being with needs that require a job.

that's life mom.

i was never promised a rose garden.

no one was.

save your money, was what i was taught. lol, did i? hell no! lol!!

i've had to bust my butt everyday. made a few bucks, i'm fine and not greedy.

no one owes me and i don't owe anyone.

i have some very rich friends, famous too. God bless em', God bless my not so rich friends!
this inequality bs is annoying.

anyway, stop the out of control spending in washington, balance the budget and have them pay down what your grand kids will owe.

don't blame the rich.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Nope. Time to fight. I don't need money anymore. But, until I take my last breath, I will fight for freedom. I don't care about budgets and money. I don't care what any of you say I will not accept such an evil abusive oligarchy system.
I thought I was going to die when I gave birth an 11 lb boy, and I chose that pain, no narcotics. I will put that same force of will into this fight.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Nope. Time to fight. I don't need money anymore. But, until I take my last breath, I will fight for freedom. I don't care about budgets and money. I don't care what any of you say I will not accept such an evil abusive oligarchy system.
I thought I was going to die when I gave birth an 11 lb boy, and I chose that pain, no narcotics. I will put that same force of will into this fight.

yeah but you are motivated by ideology, not practicality.

what is gonna get your grand kids out of debt?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

moving to iceland or scandinavia.

or not having grandkids.

or we could do what is necessary; raising federal revenue (tax reforms or increases on the wealthiest americans) and cutting spending on peripheral things. the solution should hurt everyone, not just those at the bottom of the pyramid.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join