It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just In: Obama Accused By Congressman Of Illegal Action At Bundy Ranch

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: Flatfish

Bad laws and crappy court decisions need to be challenged.

Cheers - Dave

They were challenged, over and over again. Oh yeah, did I mention that Cliven Bundy lost, over and over again? In front of numerous courts and numerous judges!

Now I'm supposed to believe that they're all wrong, but ole Cliven is right? Give me a break!

A corrupt system favors the corrupt ;-) I guess that works for you.

Cheers - Dave

Right, their worried about Cows! We other more serious problems.

Yeah, you do, we do, we all do. It`s called government. It`s this thing that is bought and paid for by corporations and individuals with more money than they know what to do with. It doesn`t support people`s rights, it supports corporations rights. It does not support fairness but rather infiltration. It`s highest achievement is treason by the individual "representatives" that make up the government right up to the POS, I mean POTUS.

As Cicero stated, "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

You do realize that Bundy is not disputing the fees. Only who should receive the payment. He has offered to pay his grazing fees to Clark County and they have refused.

I find it absolutely hysterical that you point out how local law enforcement and the State legislature has sided with Bundy on this issue and yet that doesn't tell you anything regarding the actions taken by the Federal Government?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: spurgeonatorsrevenge

a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I couldn't agree more with the study, America is currently controlled by a few oligarchs and the way they've managed to accomplish that feat is by replacing the voice of the actual human voter with the influence of money. In other words, they've determined that money equals free speech and in doing so they have minimized, if not completely muted, the voice of the common voter.

The problem is that those who are screaming the loudest are the very same ones who orchestrated the takeover to begin with and you right-wingers have supported them all the way. Just take a look at the backdrop behind these politicians and explain to me how you can support them knowing full well that they are actually the "long arm" of the oligarchs.

How many times to you have to get hit over the head before you turn around to see who is hitting you? (Harry Truman)

All of those guys, if left to their own devices would let the corporations write their own tickets, create their own rules and standards.

They would also help those corporations maximize profit that comes from the pockets of American people.

That is the MO, money first without a doubt.

aren't corps american people? employ american people?

the government has both hands in the pockets of american people.

as much as people bitch about out sourcing and moving overseas, they/you want to rape the corps that stay here too?

gee, can i help it if my CD sells 25mil units? should i give up everything after 1mil units?

anyway, 1.3mil in fines really needed to be addressed with what the BLM did, right?

harry had the blessing of obama, if obama didn't know or/and even holder, then someone is not doing their job.

let's see, 200 armed men and copters and assets, from a fed agency, no one at the top knew?

gee obama and holder, it's been in the papers for a while. take Fox off your ignore list.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

Not when they pay you $10 per hour. You see, you don't know what is going on in small cities and large towns. I have two son-in-laws in manufacturing. In the last six months they both got laid off from jobs paying $12/per hour. Paid the bills. Now the new jobs are hanging around 9.50-10.00. And this is in Idaho where the corps get big tax breaks.

I am 63 and for the first time in my life, I am getting VERY angry at the rich for holding my family down.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrWendal

You do realize that Bundy is not disputing the fees. Only who should receive the payment. He has offered to pay his grazing fees to Clark County and they have refused.

So I guess that means if I want to give my property taxes to my local school district instead of the County tax assessors office, that should e OK too? Or how about when I gas up my car, I just give the money owed to my local Hobby Lobby instead of the gas station owner?

What a pathetic argument!

originally posted by: MrWendal
I find it absolutely hysterical that you point out how local law enforcement and the State legislature has sided with Bundy on this issue and yet that doesn't tell you anything regarding the actions taken by the Federal Government?

Not at all! Some of the biggest nuts in America today are politicians and local law enforcement. Sheriffs like Joe Arpio of Arizona, or legislators like Steve Stockman, Louie Gohmert, Ted Cruz, Stella Tremblay, Jim Jordan, Jason Chaffetz, Mike Huckabee, Michele Bachmann, Eric Cantor, Steve Lavin, Mike Lee, Allen West, just to name a few. Really, I could go on listing radical right-wing legislators "till the cows come home" and every one of them is as crazy as the day is long, but what's the use?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm going to hold my tongue but I find it utterly ridiculous how some of you think this has something to do with "grazing fees."
I suppose you also believe everything the mainstream media tell you. The Government is your friend isn't it?

We don't have enough shepherds for all the sheep in this country.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
>park in storefront/shop/restraunt part of town.
>don't put money into parking meter
>get back
>car has ticket on it.

>this series of events repeats a few times.
>car is getting towed.
>bring out a gun and start threatening to shoot people if they don't stop towing my car.
>meter maid and tow-truck driver don't know the f** is going on here.
>make a big scene.
>tow truck driver and meter maid leave because they don't think its worth getting shot over.
>my car is still impounded however.
>eventually get a bunch of do-nothings/dumbasses who, also don't think the government is out to get them personally or something
>they wave guns around and basically scare off most of the DMV personell who were tasked with impounding my car

edit on 19-4-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

corporations might employ people

although the government employs people too.

and I can elect; at least in theory, people to run government in my interests.

I have no such power over a corporation.

now some say I do; that I can choose where I spend my money, but fail to see that that isn't entirely true in all cases, nor does it excuse in any real way the sheer gap in wealth between the poorest and richest americans.

edit on 19-4-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You do realize the list of Democrats that have issues that can be named as you did Republicans, is just as long, if not longer?

It's all a matter of opinion, which you are entitled to.

Just realize that Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi probably top that Dem list for quite a few people.

I am not going to bother to go on, because one need not look further than the Troubled Triad:
Harry It's Not Over Reid
Eric It's Not Me Holder
Mr. Teflon Obama

Once it became clear who was smack dab in the middle of this, it only needs to be decided what is going to be done about it.

While the Troubled Triad continues to worry about how to CYA from all of the OTHER scandals, the rest of the country is doing this:

thehill.com...

Sen. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) on Friday called for a Senate
hearing into the dispute between Nevada rancher Cliven
Bundy and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) over
cattle grazing.

Heller blamed the BLM for inciting the incident by
bringing in armed officials to help roundup the cattle. He
said he wants to know who gave that order.

"I want to talk about the fact that they have this kind of
authority and the ability to bully and come in with 200
armed men into a situation like this," he said. "I would like
to have hearings. I would like to find out who is
accountable for this.”

Uh oh. Who gave the order? "Not me!"

I am sure the Republican Representative will now be on your list, just because he is a Republican, and asking questions!

And this!

www.sltrib.com...

Western lawmakers gather in Utah to talk
federal land takeover

‘It’s time’ » Lawmakers from 9 states gather
in Utah, discuss ways to take control of
federal lands.

More than 50 political leaders from nine states
convened for the first time to talk about their joint
goal: wresting control of oil-, timber -and mineral-rich lands away from the feds.

Wow, 50 more baddies for your list. Pretty soon, it will be The Troubled Triad, and You!

edit on 19-4-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

I'm quite sure that you'd have no problem citing a list of Democrats just as long as my list of Republicans. The big difference is, those Democrats could never match the degree of insanity currently being demonstrated just by the nut-job Republicans I listed, not to mention those I didn't.

While I agree that there are indeed a few crazy Democrats, today's GOP more closely resembles the occupants of the psychiatric ward in "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest."

With respect to the legislators in those 9 states who think they're going to take control of federal land, well I have to say that they sound just bat-crap crazy enough to fit right in the "Nest." Yeah, you can put them on my list too.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Sounds like political terrorism to me.

Is there a law against that? Why no NDAA against corruption?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

It does matter. No one is exempt from the law. RICO act.

Sheriff's, do your jobs.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

It does matter. No one is exempt from the law. RICO act.

Sheriff's, do your jobs.

Not even Cliven Bundy!

By the way, I haven't seen one shred of evidence to indicate that the BLM, or any other federal agency for that matter, have been indicted, much less convicted of any violation of the RICO act. All I've seen are accusations.

On the other hand, Cliven Bundy has been charged and the courts have ruled and guess what? He's guilty!

If any of you Bundy supporters think this is over or that Bundy has won, you have another think coming.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This seems like a sane statement. Perhaps he really is a constiutitional lawyer. Now if they would just make a path for mr. bundy to pay the back grazing fees and intrest without obligating or contractually signing anything else then this matter will begin to disappear. Future grazing rights could be ironed out in a common sense manner. Then the rest of everyone can focus on disarming needless federal agencies like social security admin, blm and others. That is unless the whole end of the world thing is still on
edit on 19-4-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
My friend, maybe we need to ask, was it a Republican or a Democrat that was concerned that the whole island of Guam would Capsize
Yes it's true, he was worried the island would tip over

Yes, the Brain Power There, Just Amazing!!!!

Here is a young Council Woman that can take H. Reid's Seat!

edit on 19-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm so surprised that 'he didn't pay his fees' keeps coming up.

His fees also entailed reducing his herd to a pittance and no grazing about half of the year. If someone thinks that's to save the tortoise I have some ocean front property in ha, Nevada I'd like to sell you.

I can't figure out if comments of he didn't pay are sincere or part of the propaganda matrix /prolly a bit of both but in my gut I think there are a lot more shills out there than we realize.

The issues are complex and one has to learn about certain laws that precede the BLM coming in with edicts.

And when is it okay to come in as a military operation over some fees and illegal cows? Can anyone of sane mind actually think that is okay?

I personally am damn glad someone has the balls to stand up and say enough is enough. I haven't seen anything like this since the Viet Nam protest.

~

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Not when they pay you $10 per hour. You see, you don't know what is going on in small cities and large towns. I have two son-in-laws in manufacturing. In the last six months they both got laid off from jobs paying $12/per hour. Paid the bills. Now the new jobs are hanging around 9.50-10.00. And this is in Idaho where the corps get big tax breaks.

I am 63 and for the first time in my life, I am getting VERY angry at the rich for holding my family down.

sorry to hear that they were laid off.

i haven't worked in 4yrs. can't find a place that will hire a 60yo with 38yrs experience.

i have friends in the same boat in the states. 1 from managing large resto's and owning a mortgage comp, BA's, he is night shift at a parking garage.

i'm sure they are young and will find something else. i wish them luck. hey, it could be a good thing.

i don't blame rich people at all.

as they say in the godfather, "it's not personal, it's business"

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName

corporations might employ people

although the government employs people too.

and I can elect; at least in theory, people to run government in my interests.

I have no such power over a corporation.

now some say I do; that I can choose where I spend my money, but fail to see that that isn't entirely true in all cases, nor does it excuse in any real way the sheer gap in wealth between the poorest and richest americans.

who says you should have power over a corp you don't own or have a stake in?

hey, i don't like the color of your house, change it.

how does that sit with you? if we owned it together, i would have a say what color to make it.

yes, you can choose to spend your money elsewhere.

why do you people care who has what?
i have 5 electric gits, should i give up 4 since i can only play 1 at a time? wtf?!

my wife hates the way i dress myself, lol, do i care what others think? no, just her.

you see what i'm getting at? if it's none of your biz, stay out of my face.

anyway, obama and holder should be held accountable for the bundy fiasco.

but good luck with that.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I'm quite sure that you'd have no problem citing a list of Democrats just as long as my list of Republicans. The big difference is, those Democrats could never match the degree of insanity currently being demonstrated just by the nut-job Republicans I listed, not to mention those I didn't.

While I agree that there are indeed a few crazy Democrats, today's GOP more closely resembles the occupants of the psychiatric ward in "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest."

With respect to the legislators in those 9 states who think they're going to take control of federal land, well I have to say that they sound just bat-crap crazy enough to fit right in the "Nest." Yeah, you can put them on my list too.

brilliant rebuttal, dude.

:rolleyes

you only showed your blind partisanship to the left and not very intelligently either.

let's see what they can do about it before slinging mud.

maybe obama will use his obama phone and obama pen and it will all go away!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

eh; I guess I get your point; though I think I disagree with it.

but consider the sheer amount of wealth we're talking about here. and consider the needs of society?

The wealthy are only wealthy because they had an enviroment in which there was infrastructure and resources (human and natural) with which to manipulate in their interest.

Therefore; having used (or having had their forbearer use) this infrastructure and resources, they must pay for the system that granted the infrastructure and resources. (this includes even those things that don't directly impact them, the more money they make, chances are the greater their reliance on society/social-infrastructure to make said money, thus the greater their debt to society).

Also; we must discuss the sort of callousness you seem to bring; we're not talking about knick-knacks, electric gits, or whatever, a lot of taxes are used merely to pay for the maintaining of the old, the young, the disabled, and the poor.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join