It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO - Maize is Officially Banned ....in France

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It has been an uphill battle for the EU member, but Salute to France for passing the law on Tuesday. This is a significant move despite that it only bans the cultivation of the GM crops (citing concerns of the negative environmental impact)
Meanwhile, yes, again, the rest of us still have to keep on fighting our corrupt governments.

The law can be applied to any GM strain that is adopted at EU level.

The law follows a decree last month, which halted the planting of Monsanto’s insect-resistant maize MON810, which will be allowed for cultivation in the EU, Reuters reported.

But if any strain of GM crop is adopted in the future at EU level – including Pioneer 1507, which was developed by DuPont and Dow Chemical – it will be subsequently banned in France.

Link

edit on 18-4-2014 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurius

I havent been following the GM foods, too many irons in the fire now. What exactly is frances concerns with the GM corn? Ive heard alot of speculation concerning GM foods but I personally havent been keeping up with it..

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: HooHaa

They have decided not to grow GM corns, arguing it poses environmental risks (based on European Food Safety Agency (EFSA) studies).

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Nation after nation is passing on GM crops. It doesn't take an Einstein to figure out that sole sourcing seeds (because of programmed infertility) and pesticides internal to plant genetics is a bad thing.

We in the US can't vote on it, though. We can't even get warning labels.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: HooHaa

I havent been following the GM foods, too many irons in the fire now. What exactly is frances concerns with the GM corn? Ive heard a lot of speculation concerning GM foods but I personally haven't been keeping up with it..

Heres another iron for your fire.

real info

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It will take time. The French are generally careful with their diet and they are not afraid to speak out.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Something else that needs to be highlighted however. France's move to ban the cultivation of GM maize may prove to be far more beneficial than just in environmental aspects. While the EU and the UK embrace GM maize and will flood their farms and production with those, France may turn out to be the sole largest producer of uncontaminated non-GM alternative in the region.

top topics

join