It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Last Words

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It's past 12 so today we celebrate the death of Jesus Christ. A physical body, born of no social class who would be covered more then any king that has lived, breathed or walked on the empires of this earth.

"Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." Luke 23:34

Jesus is looking down from the cross. He sees the soldiers who have mocked him, scourged him and tortured him, and who have just nailed him. Does he react angrily? No. At the height of his physical suffering, his love prevails and He asks His Father to forgive.

2."Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise." Luke 23:43

This expression offers us hope for salvation

3."Woman, behold your son. Behold your mother." John 19:26-27

Christ calls her not mother, but woman; not out of disrespect to her, or as ashamed of her; but partly that he might not raise, or add strength to her passions, by a tenderness of speaking; and partly to conceal her from the mob, and lest she should be exposed to their rude insults

4."My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Matthew 27:46

After 3 hours of darkness, Jesus cried out this fourth word. This cry is from the painful heart of the human Jesus who must feel deserted by His Father and the Holy Spirit, not to mention his earthly companions the Apostles

5. "I thirst." John 19:28

Jesus is now in shock. The wounds inflicted upon him in the scourging, the crowning with thorns, and the nailing upon the cross are now taking their toll.

6."It is... finished;" John 19:29-30

The sixth word is Jesus' recognition that his suffering is over and his task is completed.

7."Father, into your hands I commend my spirit." Luke 23:46

The seventh word is directed to the Father in heaven, just before He dies in the ninth hour (three o'clock) in Judea

edit on 18-4-2014 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: cass1dy09

No social class? Maybe not by birth (other than being a direct descendant of David). The gifts he received as an infant would be the equivalent of $1m in today's money. That big group of Eastern wise men (there were not three but many, but the gifts were three types, not just three gifts), came to see a king. What were they going to bring... peanuts? Those spices were worth even more than the gold.
Yes, his family had money, they were well off and this is why money was not an issue and they needed a money keeper when the 12 were wandering around Galilee for 2 1/2 years.

But the post mentioned the last 7 words. You used 7 verses so I'm a little confused. But those 'words' were actually not his last were they?

Food for thought.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Our Lord calls His mother "woman" because she is the "woman" of 'Genesis 3:15 and the "woman" in Revelation
12:1. The "woman" in Revelation 12:1 sounds royal because she is, Mary is queen of Heaven and earth.

The mother of the King in the Old Testament is Queen. Fits, for Our Lord's mother and read further in Revelation
chapter 12. Mary is the "woman" who brought forth the man-child.

God bless,

colbe

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: colbe

Mary is not the Queen of heaven and earth... unless you subscribe to the dogma of the apostate, satanic, heretical, blasphemous teachings of the Catholic church.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

unless you subscribe to the dogma of the apostate, satanic, heretical, blasphemous teachings of the Catholic church.

And when did that happen?

The teachings of Christianity WERE the Catholic Church for a thousand years, and then Catholic and Orthodox Catholic for the next five hundred. All of the other sects are Johnny-Come-Latelys, by that measure. The Bible is a product of the Catholic Church -- is it "apostate, satanic, heretic and blasphemous", as well?

I'm not big into Mariology, and the "Queen of the Universe" stuff kind of weirds me out, but veneration of Mary goes back to the earliest days of Christianity -- St. Irenaeus called her the "Second Eve" in the Second Century.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

unless you subscribe to the dogma of the apostate, satanic, heretical, blasphemous teachings of the Catholic church.

And when did that happen?

The teachings of Christianity WERE the Catholic Church for a thousand years, and then Catholic and Orthodox Catholic for the next five hundred. All of the other sects are Johnny-Come-Latelys, by that measure. The Bible is a product of the Catholic Church -- is it "apostate, satanic, heretic and blasphemous", as well?

I'm not big into Mariology, and the "Queen of the Universe" stuff kind of weirds me out, but veneration of Mary goes back to the earliest days of Christianity -- St. Irenaeus called her the "Second Eve" in the Second Century.

Cath-foolism was the meglomaniacs "Confabulation Of Pauls"; HIS church ONLY and not at all resembling Jesus's idea of the exposure of latent TRUTHS. Jesus was an Essene; and of an entirely different doctrine of faith. Paul was a wanabee Apostle 100 years too late, but apparenty was a good flimflam confidence man.
edit on 19-4-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

join