It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: US military ‘significantly superior’ to Russia’s

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
No harm done, man.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
We haven't won a war since ww2 so he shouldn't be so cocky. Then again no one else has either. But other countries at least have their leader's back. Not so much in the USA.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit

originally posted by: ammocase

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: elysiumfire
200Plus:

Hearts and minds are not something you win they are something you aim at.

If I was Putin and under attack by America, I would make damn sure that the people in America experienced the war at first hand by attacking the cities. The American people would no longer be able to witness war simply on the TV safe and secure many thousands of miles away. This is what the American people need to experience up close and personal, just like the Vietnamese, just like the Koreans, just like the Iraqis. Only then will the current American population come to understand the pain of the death and destruction their military has brought to other sovereign countries simply to fulfil the hegemonic ambitions of its government's policies.

Truer words have never been spoken.

It would be nice if this was true maybe, personally I don't like American police force duty nor expeditionary behavior, i'd prefer we kept our money, defended ourselves and frankly believe the behavior of much of the world w/o our presence would leave us an economic power house. i.e Europe having to defend itself would have a great economic impact, Russian and Chinese aggression would cost those nations a lot of duckets and no one fights border wars without losses while here... we have an ocean to let us continually advance...

However, you underestimate the mentality here...heck even to be fair the sheer stupidity. I'm afraid your wrong. I hit on us would send us to madness, it wouldn't "teach us a lesson" it would galvanize us, we are indoctrinated with violence from birth, we have a huge low IQ sect, a steady religious population to fuel the fervor, a nation of gun lovers, a vast expanse to go guerrilla within, food, water, ego a sense of entitlement... and Nothing but nothing angers a person like their comfort stripped from them.... Yes the Russians are tough people, live hard lives. That's a rough thing to fight against. There is a thing that is scarier tho... the madness of a population that wakes up on the wrong side of it's comfortable bed.

Lol, this made me laugh.

I saw the towers fall while standing a river away... no one was thinking anything but sadness and anger- once the sadness wore off we wanted war. Thats why some people believe the government/news incites war this way, any human is capable of turning beastly when their security is threatened. I like others, signed up with the military after this and i remember during training we played some country songs about the towers falling and we werent thinking anything except about fighting.

Any nation is better off showing off the US as savages and being nosey in external affairs by inflicting casualties on us while abroad and hope the global news catches on.

Laugh? sounds like your in agreement, i'm from NY, I was there too.. a lot of boys just straight signed up after that.

"weren't thinking anything but fighting" yeah, agreed... all i'm saying is the loss of American civilians will make us nuts, people have to be kidding themselves to believe if they think hitting us at home would work, as a guy who in his life went from very rich to currently poor, nothing breeds more anger than being woken from comfort.

Yes, I agree. I think most people can be driven insane enough to kill. We have enough people shooting each other over bullying as it is, some here in the states just kill.

edit on 18-4-2014 by ammocase because: fixed

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

a reply to: alldaylong

1 Billion (almost) vs 300 Million by GDP and Labor, your commitment should exceed the US by a factor of 3... it doesn't even come close and the Bear is on your doorstep not ours... In fairness, your the best we have, but that's still a joke.

The EU has a population 509 million, not 1 billion.

www.cia.gov...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

a reply to: alldaylong

Terrible Ally, France is more willing to fight these days than England, efforts in any fights have been token gestures since WW2 and steadily decreasing "showing up" is not commitment. You sent 45,000 troops to the gulf war, half of what Saudia Arabia committed, balked on Syria, and... to be fair, no one else sent crud... but as Nato and US allies goes that makes you the cherry on top of a poop Sunday, France ran out 14,000 and it was down hill from there... and Europe is nearly a Billion strong...

Fear in your hearts, Yes... Most of Europe is really freaking comfortable these days, you have it better than we do in the States, you have lived under our Nuclear Umbrella for decades, Posters love to spout MAD because you believe "it will never happen again" on your continent because of it, a couple of centuries of British expedition-ism and 2 world wars have left a philosophy that the effort to be a global force is fruitless and that Americas efforts are daft. Perhaps "fear" is a strong word? But by Philosophy the commitment is only to remain with a MAD enabling ally you believe will prevent Russia from moving West, beyond that the alliance is basically one sided.

and WW2... your cities were pounded almost daily, Normandy couldn't have happened without us, the British "stiff upper lip" couldn't have maintained itself forever and yes, your male population was bled dry since then of it's true heart and hasn't fully recovered to this day.

Just be honest, the average brit wants no part of a fight for any reason against anyone, you can argue the individual points but we know what general public opinion is, the Americans are foolish, we've been down this road, the alliance of Nato is a hedge and nothing more....

I'm not poking fun, frankly.... mostly these are good traits, If I didn't have a giant ocean between me and the actual field of battle i would be more pragmatic too... but the bottom line the will for a real fight is simply not there at all anywhere in Western Europe... Washington IS full of war Hawks, don't actually disagree with that in anyway. But the reality is... it's a sick sad world you live in, Europe will be come for again, via many different angles not just militarily, American aggression is there for a reason, for 20 years "The Russians will never".... LOL YES THEY WILL they are doing it right now... By economy and manpower YOU and the rest of Europe should be bearing and sharing the same level of technical and man power and economic expenditure we do

1 Billion (almost) vs 300 Million by GDP and Labor, your commitment should exceed the US by a factor of 3... it doesn't even come close and the Bear is on your doorstep not ours... In fairness, your the best we have, but that's still a joke.

A typical American on a ego trip.

America wouldn't exist if not for Britain
Go and tell the families of our Servicemen who died in Afghanistan and Iraq that we have fear in our heart. I am sure they will give you a warm welcome.
Nuclear umbrella? Is that the same nuclear bombs you need Britain's help to develop.
Normandy wouldn't have happened without us? You can reverse that statement. How could you have invaded Normandy without the assault being launched from Britain. The same Britain that was fighting alone while you soft yanks eat cookies and sat by your firesides until 1941 ( The war began in 1939 if you didn't know)
Yes British cities where bombed by the Nazi's ( something the Yanks never had to face) and the British "Stiff Upper Lip" made sure we didn't succumb.
Where were the Americans when Hitler suffered his first major defeat in North Africa?
I can see why you think the French are a better ally. After all you need their help ( along with the Dutch & Spanish) in the American Revolution, so i suppose you do owe them a debt of gratitude. Pity they surrendered to Hitler, otherwise they could have been a better ally for you in WW II

As for the rest of your post, i will treat it with the contempt it deserves.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
There are no fans of the Russians. That's your perception. The main premise is that they won't be a piece of cake to deal with. Period. And I'm no fan of this administration either. This is a response to mikeone718
edit on 18-4-2014 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I seem to remember Napoleon said the same, and so did Adolf Hitler.... and look what happened to their armies!

Obama is really showing he is beat by saying such things. When all else fails, appeal to the "kill 'em all" crowd and push the military bravado. I mean, it's not like he has to go do anything or get shot at, is it?

What a complete arse that excuse for a man is!

edit on 18-4-2014 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

It just dawned on me...

Obama's statement / posture regarding Russia mimics his tactics with his adversaries here in the US. Chicago politics don't work on the international stage and I think Obama, based on his actions / comments, is out of his depth. ** In my opinion I don't think he is getting the best advice from those around him.

** - I based it on his actions / etc since he came into office. Its entirely possible he is seeing a different picture via intelligence.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Everyone

Well thanks for the many laughs guys.

Btw...'merica

edit on 4/18/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
With greatest respect to US although equipment is good parts of the military are vastly inferior in organisation compared with other countries and it makes a huge difference.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Why hide it? It would of been easier to be upfront about your opinion.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 4TheHighCyde20

Cold war tech and tactics gave the "mighty" modern us army a pretty hard time in the middle east.

Heck, Russian hardness(They are hard mothereffers) plus 80's tech sounds like pretty good odds to smash the piss out of the US.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
The Russians sure have a lot of fans in this thread.

Frankly It would be fun with a vote pro US/Pro Russian/All are insane an need to be removed/evolved to have a civilized world.

I am part of the "All are insane and need to be removed/evolved to have a civilized world".

So I ask everybody on this thread given three choices what would you choose:
1 Pro US/EU/UN(for lets face it UN is a tool of the western governments)
2 Pro Russia/Iran/China
3 All are insane and need to be removed/evolved to have a civilized world

Being pro means you are standing behind the politicians and governments in place and support their message. I choose 3. What do other choose on this thread?
edit on 18-4-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Vovin

This is probably one of the only statements he's made in quite a while that is true. Vastly superior isn't an overstatement.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: riffraff
Frankly, I'm sick of hearing about how superior our military is without seeing any proof. If we're half as awesome as we claim to be then explain Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan, The War on Terror, Etc. remember "shock and awe"? What a letdown that was. Remember MOABs? (Yawn)
Don't get me wrong. I believe that we have some tesla/alien wonderweapons but I also believe we will never use them for fighting a foreign army, they might as well not exist.
I'll explain them. The longer they take, the more munitions, equipment and supplies that are needed, the more that bastards in Washington make on them.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: elysiumfire
200Plus:

Hearts and minds are not something you win they are something you aim at.

If I was Putin and under attack by America, I would make damn sure that the people in America experienced the war at first hand by attacking the cities. The American people would no longer be able to witness war simply on the TV safe and secure many thousands of miles away. This is what the American people need to experience up close and personal, just like the Vietnamese, just like the Koreans, just like the Iraqis. Only then will the current American population come to understand the pain of the death and destruction their military has brought to other sovereign countries simply to fulfil the hegemonic ambitions of its government's policies.

Truer words have never been spoken.

However, you underestimate the mentality here...heck even to be fair the sheer stupidity. I'm afraid your wrong. I hit on us would send us to madness, it wouldn't "teach us a lesson" it would galvanize us, we are indoctrinated with violence from birth, we have a huge low IQ sect, a steady religious population to fuel the fervor, a nation of gun lovers, a vast expanse to go guerrilla within, food, water, ego a sense of entitlement... and Nothing but nothing angers a person like their comfort stripped from them.... Yes the Russians are tough people, live hard lives. That's a rough thing to fight against. There is a thing that is scarier tho... the madness of a population that wakes up on the wrong side of it's comfortable bed.

I would have to disagree here.. There are certainly some sanity issues with many Americans but ultimately Americans are conditioned to be soft and passive aggressive. If most Americans were suddenly thrusted into a war zone lifestyle most wouldn't even know the basics tenets of survival. Those who are crazy would use the opportunity to rob and rape their fellow countrymen. Of course not everyone and I know plenty of well armed people including myself and would gladly die to protect my daughter as would others but for your average Burger King eating, beer drinking, sports watching American, the last thing they're gonna do is pick up arms to defend their homeland.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Why hide it? It would of been easier to be upfront about your opinion.

Okay.

While reading these 9 pages I thoroughly enjoyed a 22 ounce blue moon draft garnished with an orange slice. It made me laugh a lot.

I inserted 'merica as an example of typical bravado. Supposedly displayed by southern males, conservatives and or overly zealous patriotic nut jobs. Or so I've been told.

I am partial to the above country; and by that I mean the people.

However after typing this I believe you are Wrong! My initial response was in fact much "easier" to convey.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I really despise when world leaders like Obama puff out their chests and declare how great their military is and how it could beat another countries.

It just shows how it's all a game to the elite, played on a chess board.

It's not their sons and daughters who will be getting killed when it all hits the fans.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think Obama is a clown and one of the worst things to come across our nation. But he is right, we would roll Russia easily, toe to toe. Our Military is battle test and hardened, no one want's to tangle with us at the moment. But that may not be the case in a decade or so, if we keep gutting our military while others increase.

This world sucks now, I don't even recognize it anymore, things seem to be happening so fast. If WW3 kicks off I hope I die in a flash of intense heat and light. Going home would be just fine with me...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join