It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: US military ‘significantly superior’ to Russia’s

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Vovin

Is this statement from Obama true? Really?

What a misguided person Mr Obama is being. Apart from Iraq - what war has America REALLY won?

Far play no one has ever won a war in Afganistan not even the Russians - they lost.

But for the US to start a war with Russia would be a huge mistake. Russia is not like the US normal prey of 3rd world turnip pickers. They are far more fearless and smarter than he may think.

Woul dhe also get the back and support of NATO, I doubt many European countries want to war with Russia - the main reason being RUSSIA are in the RIGHT. Ukraine has NOTHING to do with America what-so-ever.

It would be a defeat for America hands down. On Russian soil the US will be demolished and needless America lives lost.

Plus, who do you think Iran and China will side with if Nato happen to get involved????

Oh I forgot though...America could always call on Canada for support....hahaha get their Navy on board (Loveboat)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I wonder what would even real war look like at this time and age, or would it go to nukes real fast and hard? Would america fight alone with russia, or nato would join with america and would russia get cover from NK, china, iran, syria and/or any other countries america and natos been bullying lately and bfore to.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: criticalhit

People are still dying in Iraq today because of the US intervention. If the US didn't intervene those people wouldn't be dying. Just because your military are considered inactive or what ever it is doesn't mean you discount the deaths that are still happening. Iraq is a terrorists haven because of what you's done but I guess that's Al-Qaeda's fault for taking weapons off the USA to fight the Russians back in the 80's?

Nice soap box your standing on

unfortunately, none of that has anything what so ever to do with the point I made which was simply a response to some opening posters saying we "lost" this war or that which is... utter nonsense. War itself? essentially retarded, people die, never actually turns out well for the looser. And everyone does it... almost at least there are some cool places like Buhtan and others but realistically most of the world is quite insane... none of it however changes the fact that, that being the case we have gotten really good at it.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Why would he do something so stupid... Its just one thing after another with him.

Mr. President -

This list should help you better understand your role as President -

The Top 100 Things I'd Do
If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord

1.My Legions of Terror will have helmets with clear plexiglass visors, not face-concealing ones.

2.My ventilation ducts will be too small to crawl through.

3.My noble half-brother whose throne I usurped will be killed, not kept anonymously imprisoned in a forgotten cell of my dungeon.

4.Shooting is not too good for my enemies.

5.The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

6.I will not gloat over my enemies' predicament before killing them.

7.When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll say, "No." and shoot him. No, on second thought I'll shoot him then say "No."

8.After I kidnap the beautiful princess, we will be married immediately in a quiet civil ceremony, not a lavish spectacle in three weeks' time during which the final phase of my plan will be carried out.

9.I will not include a self-destruct mechanism unless absolutely necessary. If it is necessary, it will not be a large red button labelled "Danger: Do Not Push". The big red button marked "Do Not Push" will instead trigger a spray of bullets on anyone stupid enough to disregard it. Similarly, the ON/OFF switch will not clearly be labelled as such.

10.I will not interrogate my enemies in the inner sanctum -- a small hotel well outside my borders will work just as well.

11.I will be secure in my superiority. Therefore, I will feel no need to prove it by leaving clues in the form of riddles or leaving my weaker enemies alive to show they pose no threat.

12.One of my advisors will be an average five-year-old child. Any flaws in my plan that he is able to spot will be corrected before implementation.

13.All slain enemies will be cremated, or at least have several rounds of ammunition emptied into them, not left for dead at the bottom of the cliff. The announcement of their deaths, as well as any accompanying celebration, will be deferred until after the aforementioned disposal.

14.The hero is not entitled to a last kiss, a last cigarette, or any other form of last request.

15.I will never employ any device with a digital countdown. If I find that such a device is absolutely unavoidable, I will set it to activate when the counter reaches 117 and the hero is just putting his plan into operation.

16.I will never utter the sentence "But before I kill you, there's just one thing I want to know."

17.When I employ people as advisors, I will occasionally listen to their advice.

18.I will not have a son. Although his laughably under-planned attempt to usurp power would easily fail, it would provide a fatal distraction at a crucial point in time.

19.I will not have a daughter. She would be as beautiful as she was evil, but one look at the hero's rugged countenance and she'd betray her own father.

20.Despite its proven stress-relieving effect, I will not indulge in maniacal laughter. When so occupied, it's too easy to miss unexpected developments that a more attentive individual could adjust to accordingly.

21.I will hire a talented fashion designer to create original uniforms for my Legions of Terror, as opposed to some cheap knock-offs that make them look like Nazi stormtroopers, Roman footsoldiers, or savage Mongol hordes. All were eventually defeated and I want my troops to have a more positive mind-set.

22.No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head.

Click link for remainder of list.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Either way there isn't much to gain from the US challenging another superpower in a direct declaration of war. Putin and Obama are both interested in maintaining good relations... And the fact that the US has the most military resources at its' disposal is a factor in the global dynamic for sure.

I think we'd be best off if we left the fate of Ukraine be decided by themselves, Europe and Russia. There's only so much beneficent influence we can exert on the region. Personally I side with Russia. From the looks of it Kiev is not doing as good of a job as Moscow for their state's domestic affairs.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: romilo

Hopefully we won't have to find out what a real total modern-war would look like. It would likely be a whole awful slew of leader assassination, terrorism, militant domestic and foreign economic saboteurs, internal military conflicts and schisms and outright ballistic attacks on high priority industrial and civilian targets.

If it wasn't staged it wouldn't be clean and the collateral damage would be horrible, that's for sure.

This is what we want to avoid and that's why there has been such a nice trend of superpower co-operation this century. Because if any 2 superpowers go at it the whole world will have to pick sides.
edit on 18-4-2014 by On7a7higher7plane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
This is what worries me: Putin= Former KGB
Obama= Former Professor

I don't think it matters how superior our military is compared to Russia's. It's the strategy to outsmart the opponent. Putin keeps us guessing on what he's going to do next.
edit on 18-4-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2014 by texasgirl because: fix paragraph

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Don't underestimate how classy international politics is. Putin and Obama are working together and against each-other in order to accomplish objectives. Sometimes these governments work against each-other in order to accomplish single objectives, like good cop bad cop. That's a big part of what I think is going on here. It's a big good cop bad cop situation that eastern Europe is being put through. They're working together, they don't want to compromise each-other ultimately I presume. This means for us that we as Americans are quite insulated from the conflict.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
Will comment on this...

People always throw out nonsense like, America lost this war or that war...

Take Korea... 36,516 dead USA, South Korea 58,127- North Korea 215,000, China 400,000

Roughly a 5 or 6 to one ratio

It's the same in every war or worse Take Iraq (2003) Usa losses 174, Iraq? as high as 45,000

People act as if we are going to exterminate the population or land hold the places we fight or start WW3... that's not what these Wars are about, they are economic, trade based, many things...even down to the showing off the weapons systems we have for sale honestly.... but we never lost anything really ever...

How can the word "loose" even be applied when we sailed the freaking heck around the world on boats went to someone else's country on a different continent, landed men, got planes over, supplied them then kicked the living daylights out of them in in battles ranging from a 6-1 kill ratio to, 120-1 kill ratio more recently? And then the enemy didn't get to fire a shot at your territory EVER... I mean seriously was the goal of any of these wars ever to... I dunno Ghengis Kahn the crud out of the people we fought, kill the men off rape the women destroy the culture and make it a new State? If so then we lost... lol, but otherwise we have sailed places and B slapped everyone we ever had a conflict with...

RAR RAR RAR

Beat that star spangled chest all you like but you still lost vietnam

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: benrl

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Yeah, clearly Im impressed with the Presidents diplomatic prowess, perhaps someone should send him a copy.

If an Republican was in charge we would be in World War by now.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

originally posted by: benrl

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Yeah, clearly Im impressed with the Presidents diplomatic prowess, perhaps someone should send him a copy.

If an Republican was in charge we would be in World War by now.

If a republican were in charge, Putin may have never attempted the takeover.

edit on 18-4-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vovin

originally posted by: spurgeonatorsrevenge

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys
The United States hasn't fought a real enemy in decades. Beating up on 3rd world militaries and goat herders with AKs' and IED's is nothing. Russia actually has one of the most sophisticated miiltaries in the world. Of course it's not at the level or on the same scale as the US as they spend probably 1/6 of what we do per year on their military. Can we say MiGs, S400s, P-800 anti ship missiles? Obama and Biden are a disgrace and so are any Americans that are supporting this current administration. If send troops to Ukraine and engage Russia it will be a bloody war that America has no stomach for. The Russians are tough people and will be fighting to protect their homeland, economy, etc. What will the US troops be fighting for? Another government overthrow?

If you read the quote Obama was speaking about NOT going to war with Russia, yet your heard the opposite, somehow.

Yet what he said was pro-war rhetoric. You do not say "our military is so great that nobody will challenge us" without an expansionist agenda.

He was appealing to the investors of his agenda, claiming that they can only gain if they believe him. And that's really what all capitalist governments are: accountants of the bourgeoisie, as Marx and Engels claimed. The American military is deployed to acquire profit for whoever invests in the campaign.

For what other reason would Russia and the USA clash in modern times? How can the USA still bemoan the "evil empire" of the communist Soviet Union when modern Russia is just as capitalist as the USA?

Again, the root of this whole Ukraine escalation is exposed. Russia was proposing an FTA agreement with the EU, and now Obama has strategically played Russia as a security threat to Europe, only to claim American military might is sufficient to keep the Russians at bay, while pushing the Transatlantic FTA in the background.

Well that's certainly an angle that's new to me, Russia proposing an FTA agreement with the EU set the further west off? So the east side threatened to make a resolution and we had decided that was verboten?! I don't know whether to think of this idea as sad or funny. I guess no one's allowed to make peace before my mark, right? It must be that anglo-conservatism.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys
a reply to: liejunkie01

You think flexing his muscles and taking a stand is by making a dumbfounded comment about how we are superior militarily to Russia? LMAO! Ok.........maybe if Obama had a backbone he would have shut his mouth in the first place. Maybe he would have taken out the Assad regime. Maybe he'd shove a Predator drone up little fat kimmie's NK a@#! Actions speak louder than words. Obama and his entire administration are all talk.

Yea, that's why they're called politicians.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I'm looking at this as a gigantic warning from Washington to Moscow. No one wants a war, not even the U.S. (IMO)

Diplomacy must be seriously failing for Obama to pop off at the mouth like that. Blame John Kerry?

Nukes put aside, Russia doesn't stand a chance attacking the U.S. And the same is true in vice versa. As another poster said, Russia can win a defensive war by logistics alone.
Unless UN turned on them.

edit on 4 18 2014 by JohnTheSmith because: word discrepency

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
These kinds of threads are a haven for those who come here to vent their hatred of the west.

So anti war is Anti west?

War with Russia would be bloody, but we will win, not by our own hand, but with the aid of our allies.

The arrogance is shocking!

Why would you win?

Look at WWII The Russian army at the start of operation barbarosa was in a far worse state than it is now! Hitler was about as far ahead of Russia as the US is now and he had Romanian and Italian allies. It ended up with millions of dead Germans. And Russia didnt have the advantage of a nuclear stockpile then.

US + Allies would likley meet the same fate.

You march on Moscow you end up dead

And no one wins WW3! Dont you get it? If it goes Nuclear and it likely will the result will be American major city's being turned in smoking radioactive holes. Tens of millions of Civilians dead. Even if you take Moscow or nuke it, Russia will have its pound of flesh and more in revenge.

I am a proud American Citizen/Soldier. Do Something.

I hope to god your not a commissioned officer as you don't have the foresight to even decide the cafeteria menu! You shouldn't be allowed to be in the same room were any major decisions are made!
edit on 18-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnTheSmith
I'
Nukes put aside, Russia doesn't stand a chance attacking the U.S. And the same is true in vice versa. As another poster said, Russia can win a defensive war by logistics alone.
Unless UN turned on them.

Exactly you will just end up in a stalemate.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Mr Obama added: "They are not interested in any kind of military confrontation with us, understanding that our conventional forces are significantly superior to the Russians."

news.sky.com...

As clumsy as he was, I believe this is an attempt by Obama to soothe American fears of a possible military confrontation with Russia?

In 'conventional' terms American military is more sophisticated, but in nuclear terms, Russia has the equal of the US, so one military being more superior than another hardly matters. However, in modern conventional war, America has sought to reduce its fatalities and casualties by bombing from afar, attacking from an 'out-of-range' distance, using drone technology in many cases, but hey, if you've got it...use it. Fair enough. Very little would be 'out-of-range' to the Russians, though.

One aspect of war the American population would not tolerate would be high fatalities and deaths, and a conventional war with Russia would result in thousands of American deaths at each skirmish, although Russian deaths would be higher. The Russian population would be far more capable of dealing with deaths of its soldiers than the American people could of their own. A high death and casualty count would be the death knell of any American president. To win a conventional war against America, especially an unnecessary one, you just need to win the public fear factor, and you'd do that by killing and slaughtering as many American sons and daughters in the military as possible. The American people would not have the stomach for a protracted conventional war with a massively high body count...be under no illusion, the Russians would.

As I have kept stating here on ATS, some countries should never go to war, Russia and America are just two of them. The reason for this is because of each country's nuclear stock pile, and it would only be a matter of time before one of them chose to use tactical nukes to gain advantage on any particular battlefield. Once tactical nukes are used, the gloves come off.

So, Obama using the usual American macho idiocy is actually inflaming the situation. By appealing to the American public's belief in their military's 'conventional' superiority, the wholescale sinking of one of their fleets would wake them up to reality. Yes, American military is conventionally superior, but certainly not untouchable or invincible. Keep underestimating Russia and her capabilities, you may feel safe temporarily, until the guns fire.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Sabre wrattingly, all part of the theatrics to make us all feel there is a cold war on, or is that hot war, im not up on the latest political rhectoric.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Ok great but to what end. Is this just to get Ukraine into the EU or back to the Soviets? Why put this on the world stage. What are the elites wanting?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Obama: US military ‘significantly superior’ to Russia’s

Reality check time -

- Russia is in a major land grab .. taking over the Ukraine with no interference from anyone.
- At the same time, Obama is on TV saying we have to downsize our military.

OBVIOUSLY Obama is dead wrong. And Putin, who is stone cold and doesn't blink, knows what he is doing, whereas Obama doesn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join