It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures Of Mystery Plane Over Wichita

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

yeah also acc to Zaphod

- not the Amarillo aircraft and more interesting
- more recent than x-45, flying for a few years
- not a demonstrator
- not the A-12, its Air Force
- manned
- real possibiliy of it going grey
- not related to LRS-B or SR-72

AEW

edit on 12-8-2017 by mightmight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Typical AEW airacraft also include control, meaning that many operators sit now consoles. Typically that means a lot of empty space required, as well as a large number of often non-stealthy communications channels. Does this also include the control aspect...? Maybe that's why it's manned... interesting to see how they get the data from the stealthy channels to Link 16.

If it's purely AEW, then I would argue it's the same as ISR.
edit on 12/8/17 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
But what if you combined all the AEW together and added another platform like ISR on top of it and used it in the same airframe..Then mix it all up and use it as mobile command centre.Remember Sensorcraft started off as "hey this is cool" then disapeared off everyones watch list?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Ever think that instead of using laser power to pierce a hole and disable the engine, you could use that power to fry internals in a flash turning an ICBM into a one way rocket.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Talon HATE or BACN depending on what you want to do.

I dont think you would have to do the 'control aspect' like they approached it in the Seventies with a dozen or more operators. Technology has evolved since then (especially in recent years with the 5th gen avionics), a lot of those tasks can be automated. There has been consistend talk about using 5th Gen Fighter Jets as some sort forward deployed mini aew assets anyway - if one pilot in a modern fighter can make it work, imagine what a three-man crew with scaled up/multiple AN/APG-81s could do.
Not only AEW, but EW/ECM too...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
But what if you combined all the AEW together and added another platform like ISR on top of it and used it in the same airframe..Then mix it all up and use it as mobile command centre.Remember Sensorcraft started off as "hey this is cool" then disapeared off everyones watch list?

That would make for one powerful bird. You make an i tetesting point. Ill reflect on what you wrote and ponder. its good food for thought.
edit on 12-8-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Could it be possible to weaponize the radar? Like use it as a DEW but in a much more sneaky way. Not talking about Sutor or Orchard. Im talking like destructive capabilities but also sneaky and undetectable.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

They've talked for years about using the F-22 radar as an HPM style weapon, and the F-35 radar as a cyberwarfare type system. If they ever are able to do it, it'll make them hugely effective. So far they haven't had much success though.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Id use it in a non high powered configuration. Let the target do the work destroying its self. And the whole time never a clue that their locked onto or in imminent danger.

As an aside and not about the above.
Werent they using vipers with AESA to take out IED with their radar. Like focus the microwave beam and pump enough energy into it until the ied explodes or cooks off.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

That's what they were trying to do. They weren't Vipers though. They haven't gotten their AESA sets yet. They had far more success with the MC-12s when they took over that role.
edit on 8/12/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Like the prop planes? I thought those were used to transport vips from base to base. They look like prop versions or private jets.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

That's the C-12. They have four or five special mission versions that fall under the MC moniker. All King Air airframes.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I heard once that seals will use c12 on occassion because they hold about 8 guys with gear are less conspicuous and have good legs and can get where you want to be without much notice. Easy to land at run of the mill airfields.

Such a simple looking aircraft. But apparently like an suv is the right balance of size, carrying capacity, and range.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The C-12 proves my point about some aircraft not being sexy enough. We got photographic proof of at least three C-12s at TTR. I didn't find anything online about them being there, and even asked around of people that had been out to TTR, and got a lot of "no idea" about their use. We posted the pics, which to me and Sam were a hell of a coup, and everywhere they were put up, including here, they were ignored.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Its the aircraft equivalent of the old windowless van parked across the street is really a fbi van conducting a sting. Youll never know whats inside. Blends in and looks normal.

**hmmm. Bass starts hanging out at santa monica airport park with a pair of binocs and a stakeout bag full of cheap ham n cheese sandwiches from 7-11 and a 2 liter bottle of flat warm mountain dew. "I see you mr beechcraft...i know what youre really up to"

Airport Security sees me laying prone on the lawn by the park there staring through my binoculars, feet in the air, maniacal grin on my face.

Security guard 1:
"Whys that guy staring at the static display for Museam of Flying with binoculars, its like hes some kinda moron"

Security gaurd 2:
"Who cares! Whats wrong with you cant you tell by the way hes dressed and the look on his face hes one of those special needs kids...see theres the short bus right there by the baseball field he must have wondered off from that group that comes here every saturday."
edit on 12-8-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The MCs don't, but we used to use a number of all white aircraft with few markings to move people around. There's an all white C-32B that regularly changes tail number that flies a lot of very interesting people from three letter agencies, State Department security forces, and others around.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Maybe its just me, but I don't see that as a large V shaped craft. I see it as a small craft leaving a large V shaped pressure cone off the nose of the craft...whatever it is. Its very similar to the first photograph of a supersonic shock wave coming off the front of an aircraft. That would be my guess.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

You talking about the wichita bird. That leading edge is very telling.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Is the c32 also used for speckled trout these days?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

No. They still have a -135 for that. They use a KC now, instead of a C. It just has a non standard interior.

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join