It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures Of Mystery Plane Over Wichita

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Pharyax

There are two. One was recently declassified, one will be declassified in the near future.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: ashtonhz8907

They're not the same. Texas has a slight curve to the leading edge where the wings join the center fuselage.

What differences are they trying to achieve by making such slight changes between models. If they were experimental I can understand that but unless I am understanding incorrectly, we have two very similar craft operating, why?

I'm sure the obvious answer would be similar to different sized commercial planes but if the curvature is different that is typically to obtain a more aerodynamic or stealth capabilities.

Any insight would be appreciated.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Zaphod58

Why would they be flying it around in the daytime like that if it's a black project? A middle finger to a certain someone? If this isn't the Amarillo plane, why allow so many sightings in such a short period of time in mid day? Also weren't there 3 of the Amarillo planes?

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: Domo1

That's my thought also. Why fly a Black Project aircraft in broad daylight if you didn't want it to be seen.

I think it is a subtle message.

Well I hope I don't sound like a moron here, but does anyone think that the US may be flying some of our semi-classified stuff out in the open as a "show of force" aimed at Putin/Russia? Is that what you two were implying as well?

Perhaps they were intentionally flying right under the nose of Russian spy satellites to send a message about the Russians going into Ukraine? You know, because the US feels that they are the only ones who can invade another country at will...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
What ever happened to that old project in the late 90's or early 2000's, I believe it was rumored to be called the Aurora?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: gippers
It's called Sabre rattling. Giving Putin something to thing about. It could also be nearing a time were they plan to deploy it so secrecy will fade as it did with B2.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

They're not minor changes. The shape is perfect for stealth, so they use it a lot. A triangle shape is inherently stealthy to begin with, and then by just altering the wing join area, and the center fuselage, you can give it any different missions.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

Aurora was a budgetary line item to get funding for the B-2. There was never a project called Aurora.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Several have already been declassified, and one is approaching declassification possibly later this year.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
So buy stock in Lockheed now and avoid the rush! Unless, of course, that is insider trading.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Buy any of the Big Three.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
So buy stock in Lockheed now and avoid the rush! Unless, of course, that is insider trading.

I would agree, not only for the above but they have been diversifying and are tied into a huge potential boom, namely: grapheme.

There are a few companies I have been eyeballing who are tied in with grapheme. A quick look at Lockheed shows they are developing water filters using grapheme that will use 100 times less energy to process the water with a roll out sometime in 2014-2015. That's pretty huge!

edit on 18-4-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Cool post Domo!

Thanks dude.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm in the process of putting a band together and we have been struggling for a name...i think i got it...How does this sound..
The Flying Doritos, ?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

The Flying Dodo's!!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Looks like it has the same triangle shape as the TX aircraft. I wonder if this is a plane that is close to being declassified.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

They're not quite the same. The Texas bird has a slight curve where the body is blended into the leading edge of the wing. This aircraft is a straight edge to the leading edge.

One is a soon to be declassified platform, I'm pretty sure the other is an already declassified platform that's in the grey world.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
In my opinion the two aircrafts are not the same, one look like a star and the other a perfect triangle, why making two different shape ? the ISR mission can be done by a strike aircraft and the same for EW . Why, don't use the same shape for all of the missions? may be they can use the same engine.
Zaph do you think the two different shape fly above the Texas together when Mr Douglass take the pictures ?
What is the advantage of a perfect triangle shape ?
edit on 18-4-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

The triangle shape is incredibly stealthy, without even adding RAM and other stealthy features to it. It's not the most aerodynamically stable shape, but it makes up for it in stealthiness.

No, the two were not flying together over Texas.

edit on 4/18/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Laxpla

If you guys zoom in ALOT and have a close look at the object, you can see the shape of the B-2's wings and such

Conclusion: The higher the altitude the more distorted the object becomes and the harder it is to see it's shapes.

Original pic posted by Laxpla i.imgur.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

It's not a B-2. It looks similar to one, but it's not a B-2. The flying wing is becoming very common.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join