It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures Of Mystery Plane Over Wichita

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Im starting to get why this black tec is black.

Sure it sounds amazing and potentially has world changing civilian applications.

But the destructive potential is enormous.

For once the western governments may actually be doing a favour.

If some rogue state had what I think some of this tec or it fell into the hands of a group like ISIS there could be real bother.

Especially on any energy tec. Sure "free" energy (I hate that term free as no energy will be free unless it breaks the rules of thermodynamics.) or very very very cheap energy may sound cool but lots of energy normally correlates with lots of destructive power too.
retarded auto spell

edit on 19-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

"A reaction drive's efficiency as a weapon is in direct proportion to its efficiency as a drive."
— The Kzinti Lesson, Larry Niven.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Tom also posts on FARK as "erewhon". I would highly recommend checking out his posts, as well as "wizzywig" a former State Dept. guy:

www.fark.com... - "I think Zel'dovich's trick is in pretty common use in sat mirror work now, but he did it with a deep non-linear medium with a relatively slow prop rate that let him correct beam errors to a state way back along the beam's flight before the errors were introduced.

Nothing like being able to effectively reverse time and just have a passive medium reconstruct the beam for you. Though you do have to spend some power to pump the medium.

/spooky action at a distance rulez"

"Supposedly there are power reduction ramifications of accelerating particles or light within a closed loop of cesium vapors and "infinitely" movin back in time the message of the data. How they will do that, I have no idea. Just some food for thought. If they made it work, energy weapons, and people getitng zapped from space, would become a scary reality, one I hope never to see in my lifetime."

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tajlakz

Yeah such scifi weapons exist the reason the US or NATO has not used them in the ME could be exactly that.

They know its a very dark and scary path and dont want to use such things unless its a matter of survival.

The future may be here but the military may be delaying it for very good reasons, IE to put of this bleak future as much as possible.

If so I guess I respect that.
edit on 19-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Tajlakz

Yes, I particularly enjoyed Tom's discussions/posting compotition on reported UFO flutter.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I think one of the reasons black stays black is to run away from the rest of the world so to speak. The longer it stays black the more advanced we get and the farther the rest of the world fall behind till the West is un-catchable in terms of tech.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: gippers

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: gippers

Because my "opinion" comes from people that know exactly what this is. You can try however hard you want, but it's not a B-2.

Oh, so you got an uncle or an inside guy. How could I have expected anything different.

I notice this a lot with the 'new guys'.
You might like to actually have a look at the plethora of posts that Zaphod has, as well as the threads he has contributed too.
Sure, it's one thing to be skeptical, but to lace that skepticism with an unhealthy dose of rudeness towards one of the more steady-headed and respected members here (there is a reason he is respected) suggests that not much notice will be taken of your posts.

Heck, even I, with very limited knowledge can see that the aircraft in question is not a B2. It's simple geometry!

edit on 20-7-2014 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

It does use some technology developed for the B-2 though. They put the Lidar the Spirit uses to detect contrails, and up powered it.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Great thread guys! As for both "sightings," Dad always used to say, "You won't see a damn thing, until they want you to see it." So, I've got to assume "they" wanted us to see these aircraft.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I've heard rumors recently of extremely high altitude refuelings going on. Upwards of 40,000 feet, which is pushing the upper limit of the tankers. That also probably means the upper limit of speed for the tanker as well.
edit on 7/22/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I've heard rumors recently of extremely high altitude refuelings going on. Upwards of 40,000 feet, which is pushing the upper limit of the tankers. That also probably means the upper limit of speed for the tanker as well.

I've heard that as well. The KC-135 can go up to 50,000 feet but the speed will be reduced that high. So im not sure what they are doing that high anyway. The highest ive been in a tanker was FL430 coming back from England with low fuel.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonofaSkunk
Great thread guys! As for both "sightings," Dad always used to say, "You won't see a damn thing, until they want you to see it." So, I've got to assume "they" wanted us to see these aircraft.

I think "they" wanted "someone else" to see these aircraft.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Flexin' Some Muscles.

You don't want none of this.

I think that's the point of them being seen. Satellites and Russian/Chinese "fishing trawlers" fishing where there's no fish off the coast of California. We used to do the same thing with the SR-71 when she was based in japan along time ago. Give em something to think twice about.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

I don't believe that to be true. I doubt they wanted us to see the RQ-170, but they had to operate it in daylight out of necessity for it's mission, not some tactical or strategic decision to show the world this new aircraft. You can only hide most things for so long before it becomes detrimental to what it was built to do.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

I don't believe that to be true. I doubt they wanted us to see the RQ-170, but they had to operate it in daylight out of necessity for it's mission, not some tactical or strategic decision to show the world this new aircraft. You can only hide most things for so long before it becomes detrimental to what it was built to do.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: quatro

Several sightings lately have been accidentally on purpose. If you look at the overheads there were satellites going overhead that they could have easily avoided if they had waited an hour before flying in that area.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Several sightings lately have been accidentally on purpose. If you look at the overheads there were satellites going overhead that they could have easily avoided if they had waited an hour before flying in that area.

I didn't mean to say that never happens, but it's not like the military has so much control that in every case they can hide things as long as they want.

Also, what are you referring to specifically? Are there any image links?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The military tracks every imaging satellite that goes overhead, precisely so they can avoid them. They used to have blackboards with the times they were going overhead so they could have the aircraft in hangers so they couldn't be imaged by the satellites going overhead.

It's a simple matter for them to plot a flight path for one of these projects that would keep it out of the path of a satellite. They can't always keep them out of the sight of the ground, but usually by the time they're flying during the day, over populated areas where they can be seen easily they've been announced, and are coming out of the black closet.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The military tracks every imaging satellite that goes overhead, precisely so they can avoid them. They used to have blackboards with the times they were going overhead so they could have the aircraft in hangers so they couldn't be imaged by the satellites going overhead.

It's a simple matter for them to plot a flight path for one of these projects that would keep it out of the path of a satellite. They can't always keep them out of the sight of the ground, but usually by the time they're flying during the day, over populated areas where they can be seen easily they've been announced, and are coming out of the black closet.

yeah I know about the satellites. I meant, what specific instances were you referring to where stuff was 'spotted' recently - are you referring to us giving a look to Russia-China, or some commercial satellites and now there are some images online?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

They were "sending a message" to certain parties out there that were acting up a little. So a certain aircraft was allowed to be spotted by one of their satellites, and the message was passed on to the other parties involved. It just happened to be spotted by people on the ground as well.

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join