It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures Of Mystery Plane Over Wichita

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
a reply to: boomer135

Can you send me the link to that drawing?

Lol no. But if I happen to see if posted somewhere I may or may not confirm my thoughts somehow...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
As analogies go I like this one... You think the dorito was badass? Just wait till we roll out the PIZZA slice!!!

I think they should be afraid of the """cheez-whiz"""" dispenser.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

It slices, It dices, It makes Julienne Fries.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Indeed, but can it get me to Maui in under 5 1/2 hours?!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135

Lol no. But if I happen to see if posted somewhere I may or may not confirm my thoughts somehow...

This? www.f-117a.com... /shrug

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

I think that was actually the Seahawk concept. They talked about putting it on ships, but it wasn't robust enough, and would have required too much maintenance.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

OH yes.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Is it a black and white hand drawing/sketch? Or a color/digitally-rendered?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: weavty1

Black and white. Looks like it came out of a technical order

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

a reply to: weavty1

Black and white. Looks like it came out of a technical order

www.google.com...

This is not the naval f-117 variant..

EDIT: Holy %^$#!, the patent lists this as a "Ground Effect Craft." en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5/22/2014 by clay2 baraka because: wow..

edit on 5/22/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I also keep coming back to an older design (recently re-patented), for the F-117. Could this variant have been re-purposed as an EW companion craft for the F-117?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Lol before this gets out of hand I'm only gonna say if ones close, not comment on every one. And like I said earlier, its not triangle shaped...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

That one isn't, no. The first one was the navalized F-117 though. There are a number of designs that were offshoots of the F-117 design, but never built.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Lol

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

SO if the companion can get to maui in under 5 hours. (assuming from the continental USA) it can go super sonic. To me that would eliminate a flying wing shape or even a modified f 117. I know there are triangle/ wing shapes that can go supersonic, but I don't think those were around when the f 117 was being developed. So this thing should be flying high and loitering slowly for target designation. Which would suggest a large wing span or surface area in relation to its mass for lifting effect. Would need enough internal space for the fuel to loiter. But apparently can haul ass when it needs to. (probably to get ahead of the f 117's to the next box assigned for the targets within.) I'm guessing that the plane would be tear dropped shaped to account for the high amount of lifting surface area required but still sleek enough to travel fast. Built during the same time as lockheed was building/ designing the f117 so I'm guessing it was still semi angular shaped. I hate to say it but I sorta wanna say it might resemble the old "stealth fighter" model from revell or testors that actually turned out to look nothing like the stealth fighter. Interesting combination of qualities this thing would need regardless of what it looks like. .

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
How about something like this:

Pic

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hows about this...

The Newsletter of The North Texas Skeptics Volume 8 Number 5, May 1994

A REAL IFO — Aerospace watchers at Groom Lake, NV, and Roswell, NM, have seen an aircraft that looks like a scaled-down B-2 with a lower aspect ratio (wingspan-to-length) planform.

Like the B-2, it lacks vertical fins/rudders. Viewed from a bit to the side of its fore-aft centerline, and a like amount above or below the centerline, it displays a "squashed diamond" profile. (See accompanying drawing.) Any bets re: it showing up in the tabloids as a UFO?

Drawn by aviation expert Bill Sweetman, these overhead and front outlines of the stealthy aircraft are based on sightings by Douglass and aircraft spotter Mark Farmer of Juneau, Alaska. Farmer saw the plane in May 1993 near Groom Lake, Nev.

Wadda ya'all think?

Related ATS thread: Mystery of the "Baby B-2" revisited!
edit on 22-5-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
How about something like this:

Pic

Obviously that is photo shopped for some comparison reason or something, but what is that plane in the fore ground?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

That reminds me of the Navy's new UAV, the one they were doing carrier tests with recently.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm wondering if it's related to the KingFish?

I found this interesting picture showing a bunch of blended wing designs. One of these smaller designs might be what the Wichita sightings were?

up-ship.com...

For all I know, these are just drawings done for art and fun though.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join