It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures Of Mystery Plane Over Wichita

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Astr0

Are we talking about the A-12 for the Navy?

If anyone's got advanced craft that are atmospheric and LEO capable, it would be the Navy.

Shows like SG:1 and other sci-fi's would have you believe it's the Air Force....nope, nope nope.

I did some digging into optical stealth tech, and it looks like whatever was being worked on suddenly went "silent" -- I'm guessing it got snatched up by a black program.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

It's funny, when I see your avatar and think of tanker planes....

I think of a huge airplane "water fountain" in the sky. LOL

"Come and have a drink little buddy!"

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Stealthbomber

Someone may have been stonewalled by the AF after submitting a FOIA request too.......

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Are we talking about the A-12 for the Navy?

Yes

If anyone's got advanced craft that are atmospheric and LEO capable, it would be the Navy.

Couldn't disagree if wild horses were to have my limbs and pulling.

Shows like SG:1 and other sci-fi's would have you believe it's the Air Force....nope, nope nope.

Not a hope in hell. Air Force doesn't have nuclear power plants. They are amateurs in comparison.

I did some digging into optical stealth tech, and it looks like whatever was being worked on suddenly went "silent" -- I'm guessing it got snatched up by a black program.

Indeed. Anything that could scuttle through the skies like a cuttlefish flickering, shimmering and changing not only luminosity but colour, rapidly, would vanish fast.

Especially if the side effect was to cause any microwave radiation that it was targeted with to hit and penetrate the first layer of material, get caught again on the surface of the secondand travel a wee bit down this layer, then down into the third and be absorbed by a fine weave of composite with a one way conductivity path that simply absorbed the left overs.

I'd classify that in a heart beat.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Sometimes when it comes to these "black" projects I often wonder if there is a military within the known military. Sort of "above the law" so-to-speak. A 'no questions are ever asked ' of these officers/personnel ect.

It's really not the military per-say that has all this advanced tech is it? It's really the contractors developing this stuff FOR the military, correct?

I guess a simpleton comparison would be how Tony Stark's company in Iron Man makes crazy amazing tech for the military.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Sometimes when it comes to these "black" projects I often wonder if there is a military within the known military. Sort of "above the law" so-to-speak. A 'no questions are ever asked ' of these officers/personnel ect.

Couldn't agree more. here is an analogy I use: UK SAS returning from a war zone in plane A. In plane B, Parachute Regiment.
Both land at RAF Brize Norton, both get off at the same time. At the base is a customs desk. The parachute regiment line up, empty all their bergens onto the desk and get searched.

The SAS however, stroll through and the Customs officials are told 'Do not stop, talk to, search or in any way impede these people'. Its a sacking offence right there to attempt to.

So, if the UK SAS get favourable 'no questions asked' treatment at the borders and bases, what makes people think there couldn't be an elite above them that gets a blank cheque?

It's really not the military per-say that has all this advanced tech is it? It's really the contractors developing this stuff FOR the military, correct?

What if there was no distinction any longer? what would happen if the originals set up a team that worked say 40 years ago or so in the black, succeeded beyond their wildest dreams (and I do mean wildest dreams), and like a whirlpool just dragged elements in as they needed it until it formed one super massive cohesive multi national effort?

I guess a simpleton comparison would be how Tony Stark's company in Iron Man makes crazy amazing tech for the military.

Yes, then Tony Stark getting a Rear Admirals rank and sent on a USS 'some thing #ing sexy' to make bigger better stuff for the Fleet.
edit on 15-5-2014 by Astr0 because: Clarification

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Fiddling around with some animation:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Prob Capn Field McConnell doing some $ide work for the Airforce and Navy

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135

Lol I haven't heard a close one yet...

Go back and have a read now
lol I'd say that was close

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stealthbomber

Lol I haven't heard a close one yet...

Go back and have a read now
lol I'd say that was close

Oh yeah?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: weavty1

Maybe or maybe I'm just throwing you guys off lol

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

No comment

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

But still so far away lol someone will get it eventually.. Maybe lol

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Zaph knows it. Lol. You do too, although I can't say how.....

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

So it's a TR-3 type craft with a different designation, likely evolved from the Sneaky Pete demonstrator..
So, let's call it an RF-2 Manta..

edit on 5/16/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Not even close. Lol

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Fine then.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

So it's a TR-3 type craft with a different designation, likely evolved from the Sneaky Pete demonstrator..
So, let's call it an RF-2 Manta..

From everything you have guessed, others have hinted at, and sources on the internet have suggested, I am guessing it is:

-A new take on an old(ish) design, adapted from the F-117 "ghost" (the plane that is said to shadow the F-117 but has never been confirmed)

-It originally specialized in electronic warfare but has now been developed to focus on both SEAD and DEAD.

-It is already capable of replacing the F-117 completely, but is being tested for additional multi-role purposes (one of which might be certain technologies that allow it to "cloak" in the visual spectrum)

-It is also being adapted as both a manned and unmanned craft, and the RQ-170 is child's play compared to what this thing can do

-It is being tested with scram jet tech, or some other form of advanced propulsion (earthly none the less) that allows manned prototypes to fly in excess of mach 5

Complete speculation on my part, but given how revolutionary the nighthawk was it wouldn't surprise me if all of the above became semi-conventional in 30 years.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
A little question : what kind between Texas and Kansas sighting is the more Advanced craft because for Kansas there is a lot about 80' technology and thing about the F-117 ? is it an old concept and technology demonstrator ?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astr0

Couldn't agree more. here is an analogy I use: UK SAS returning from a war zone in plane A. In plane B, Parachute Regiment.
Both land at RAF Brize Norton, both get off at the same time. At the base is a customs desk. The parachute regiment line up, empty all their bergens onto the desk and get searched.

The SAS however, stroll through and the Customs officials are told 'Do not stop, talk to, search or in any way impede these people'. Its a sacking offence right there to attempt to.

So, if the UK SAS get favourable 'no questions asked' treatment at the borders and bases, what makes people think there couldn't be an elite above them that gets a blank cheque?

What if there was no distinction any longer? what would happen if the originals set up a team that worked say 40 years ago or so in the black, succeeded beyond their wildest dreams (and I do mean wildest dreams), and like a whirlpool just dragged elements in as they needed it until it formed one super massive cohesive multi national effort?

Yes, then Tony Stark getting a Rear Admirals rank and sent on a USS 'some thing #ing sexy' to make bigger better stuff for the Fleet.

You have never served have you?

Please dont bring the "SAS" into this forum. All they are is UK Special Forces and UK doesnt lead the way in secret aircraft. The SAS are UK so I would doubt they have access to any US Stealth Choppers.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join