It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures Of Mystery Plane Over Wichita

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
But then again I don't know what these new fuels look like. What the tankers are serving to the new experimental designs might be some sorta slush instead of a liquid for a ll I know. If that's the case I would think the plane would have to be modified and the boom too. The plane could look the same as a normal tanker on the outside. That would be benificial, unless the tanker needs to travel faster or much higher to treff with the experimental craft. Then you might need to use something else thats not originally intended to be a tanker. swap the internal suites for fuel tanks and a boom and fins someway to refuel the experimental craft. Im imagining hypothetically a scenario like this. Say there was an indy car thats so fast and bad ass it literally can' slowdown for a pit stop to get more fuel so the crew has to moidfy another relatively fast car to go out onto the track and with some sorta jank hose set up pull up next to the car ad get fuel into its tank. Something along those lines.

I however don't think that plane is a stealth tanker in that photo.

a reply to: BASSPLYR

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135
Follow the fuel...

Is this it...PMSL..Ahahahahahahaha.. Algae Fuel $150 a Gallon

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

You hit it right on the head. They didn't change the tanks, but if you were to put the two side by side, unless you were damn good you'd never see the difference.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

Is there a way to literally follow the fuel? Like who makes JP7, how much did the Air Force buy and where did it go?

You would know probably more than most on the answers to those questions.

If we could answer those questions and follow it to a specific base or air wing that would give us a plethora of leads to follow.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

You pretty well nailed my thoughts on why what it may be! Looking at where holes are in the current inventory suggests that recce role is filled, large bomber role is filled, fighter role is filled leaving only the intermediate range attack role in heavily defended airspace unfilled or insufficiently filled with make do modifications to A/C intended for other roles.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

You're missing at least one in that list.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SirDrinksalot

The article I linked to and quoted is a great read and brings up a lot of key points. A stealthy tanker addressed a large vulnerability that is seen as we strategically "pivot" toward China..

Again, look up the Lockheed Martin Speed Agile program, you will find references to a tanker variant..

edit on 5/13/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

There are some tough obstacles to overcome with a stealthy tanker. Neat idea on paper, tough to do.
edit on 5/13/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well with that cleared up, I am going back to my older theory of an Electronic Warfare craft that can penetrate airspace and disrupt communications prior to an air attack, or it could be as simple as an outright replacement for the F-117 one that would serve a dual purpose EW role.

I am guessing a ELINT aircraft could be easily filled by a drone..

Edit: I just came across a great analysis if the Texas/Kansas photos, here is the link:
foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com...

edit on 5/13/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Not saying that it's impossible, or there couldn't be a test article flying, just that it's more difficult than expected.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Okay, I am going to throw this out from left field..

Perhaps we are looking at a close air support vehicle to replace the A-10? There have been confirmed reports of the Scaled Composites ARES demonstrator coming out of mothballs presumably to test some technologies in the white world..

I am not sure what the utility of having a stealthy airframe for this role would be and that is probably why it has never been speculated. Again, just throwing it out there..

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
A stealth transporter may be ? the Phoenix list seem complete except the transport and we must remember it don't look the same of the Texas sighting so may be two different mission ( if the two exist)
edit on 13-5-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Every one but one person has missed a potentially interesting one. And incredibly useful too.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm hedging my guess on some kind of ECW that can do target designations at high speed and altitude. Paint the targets in a supersonic pass before the enemies A2A defenses can catch them. Disrupt comms, maybe deploy EMP weapons. Send in mop up air to ground strike forces after the targets have been acquired.

If it's a triangle, it's going to have a low cross section. . . This to me indicates some kind of stealth. Now, from what I know a "flying wing" takes quite a bit of computer processing to keep it flyable. The stealth component must be important to keep this shape.

Currently, to the best of my knowledge we don't have a drone that can fly into contested air space and loiter for any length of time. Perhaps this experimental craft is some kind of new stealthy AWACS that can disrupt and guide the newer generation of air to ground drones?

EDIT:
And, if I'm on the right track, this might be a successor to to whatever accompanied the F-117. I have heard rumors of a larger, very secretive aircraft that would accompany the F-117. According to what I've read you never see it -- but when F-117's were deployed it's always "around".
edit on 13-5-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Phoenix

You're missing at least one in that list.

Carrier-launched sub hunter? They were thinking of deretiring S-3 Viking.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I'm hedging my guess on some kind of ECW that can do target designations at high speed and altitude. Paint the targets in a supersonic pass before the enemies A2A defenses can catch them. Disrupt comms, maybe deploy EMP weapons. Send in mop up air to ground strike forces after the targets have been acquired.

Low-observable JSTARS?

JSTARS provides a picture of the ground situation equivalent to that of the air situation provided by AWACS

www.airforce-technology.com...

edit on 13-5-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yeah, they just aren't allowed to say when the nuclear capable B2 is flying. They have to deny it... It's obviously man made, seeing the contrails. Looks just like a B2 to me. The angle is correct, the color, and the picture is of poor quality.
I'm going with B2 stealth bomber for 100.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Are we to assume that you do know what it is?
If that's the case...its good enough for me.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

I was thinking about the JSTAR platform but something faster and much more stealthy. The cameras in those systems are incredible. There are some youtube videos from the military contractors that showcase just a TINY bit of what's declassified. It's quite impressive.

It reminds me of the F&G (fire and gas) IR/UV systems I worked on about 10 years ago. The computer automatically can tell the difference between a spark from a stick welder and an actual flame. Red boxes would automatically be placed over potential fires and the operator on duty could signal an alarm, and initiate a halon dump. Green boxes were for verified "non threats".

A supersonic plane at high altitude with one of those cameras could identify a sand dollar from a CD at insane speeds at high altitude. It would be very useful for recon.

EDIT: Why not combine what the AWACS does with what the JSTAR is supposedly capable of, all packaged in a nice stealthy-supersonic form factor? That would scare the living hell out of me if I was an enemy on the ground. Just knowing that thing is up there zooming around, pin pointing and painting me for ordinance at a later time/date....
edit on 13-5-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AFewGoodWomen

I've been told some things.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join