It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Breach

page: 1

join
share:
LL1

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Westchester NY residents were left without 911 service.

"WHITE PLAINS � Federal conspiracy charges were filed in White Plains yesterday against two men whose alleged attempt to steal 150 circuit boards from a Verizon building Wednesday night disrupted 911 emergency service across the county for about seven hours.

The incident has prompted an investigation by the FBI, Westchester County and several telephone service providers into how the disruption occurred. Authorities said they did not think the case was connected to terrorism but were using the incident to look at how to prevent deliberate emergency-service disruptions."

How could it have been so easy for them to enter and take the circuits?
After 9/11 you would think security would be first and foremost...

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If there's a way for medical assistance to fail, it'll find it.

The medical profession is a profit-driven set of professions. They're bureaucratic; they're segmented and each discipline is only focused on the page in front of themselves.

That's the way the Liberal Establishment WANTS IT--all services centralized around a common set of stipulations, requirements and criteria.

Now you know why I'm not a Liberal.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Interesting.

I think this could of been an 'inside' job.

Having been in phone facilities, the equipment connecting to the trunks are usually well protected. IE- bomb proof buildings, self reliance capability for power generation, as well as coded numbers entered in keypads just to gain access. (and definitely no windows)

Normally these buildings are protected at this level as the phone and fiber communications systems are considered necessary for the security of a nation.

I doubt they just broke out a window and crawled inside.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yes, inside job or atleast inside help.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Obviously an inside job. It'll be interesting to see what develops.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

This was the second time thieves had targeted the Verizon facility, at 111 Main St. It was burglarized in August 2003, and similar robberies occurred this year at telephone facilities in New York City and New Jersey

Interesting,
I wounder if there are any national stats on things like this or if anyone monitors this on a larger scale for possible connections.
( mean from a terrorist point, not so much for the black marketing )

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
As far as terrorist acts in phone communications facilities,... my best guess would be zero.
(although I doubt there are any 'public' numbers available)

The buildings are commonly stronger and more secure than many banks, and rarely ever available for the common public to enter.

These theives probubly already had a buyer lined up, knew where it was located in the building, and knew how to gain access.

top topics

join