It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Robber Was Never Told to Report to Prison

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If prison is supposed to reform you, how can anyone justify sending this man? Sending this man to prison 13 years later would risk the obverse. We've all seen the stories of the two cases where they were too rich to serve time after committing heinous crimes, and I'd bet neither one of them will ever really contribute anything worthwhile to society. For the first time, I'm actually saying where is Rev. Jackson and Al Sharpton for this one and not being sarcastic.

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 17-4-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: fixed link, fixed title

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Your link doesn't work.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lonegurkha

Then copy and paste the url.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Link to OP's News Source

Here everyone I think this is it

Though, I agree it was a mistake made by the court system.
Why didn't he come forward to see what was wrong?

He turned a blind eye to the justice systems inaction and in turn took advantage of its shortcomings.
I am not agreeing that he needs to go back to jail for the entire original sentence, that should be greatly adjusted but since there is no statute for this type of occurrence they have to go by the law itself, until appealed. Which for all intents and purposes is probably going to take place very soon.
edit on 4/17/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: stopbeingnaive

Question!

Why does it have to be about the color of a persons skin?

I am well aware of the story you are trying to tell and to make it about the color of ones skin is ridiculous!

If you want to stop racism, quit making things out to be about persons race!

link   

originally posted by: stopbeingnaive
a reply to: lonegurkha

Then copy and paste the url.

Tried that still won't work.

Thanks Bonez now it works.
edit on 4/17/2014 by lonegurkha because: updated link

link   
Riot Rodney King style..

So you mean looting and beating up innocent people? Cool story, how does that help the guy in your story?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
thats fair enough hes been a model citizen since but he done the crime and not just a petty crime,ask his victim if just cause hes found peace in himself should he walk free?how do we know that his actions didn,t ruin another persons life?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

There might not be a statute but there is precedence. The article says it happen once in 1912 and the man was allowed to go free.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Riot Rodney King style..

So you mean looting and beating up innocent people? Cool story, how does that help the guy in your story?

Exactly my thinking. Pull out the tired worn out race card, and shake it till a race riot starts?

How stupid can you be...

Des

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

What's the story about?
I don't click on links - too many bad experiences, but you do have me intrigued.
Care to share a quick run-down on the story?
Thanks!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm making it about race because I mentioned Rev. Jackson and Al Sharpton? I'm not making it about race.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Well, I guess that opens the door for even the worst of lawyers out there.

I'm just not sure how the appellate process will work and even if that is the route one needs to go. . .

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: stopbeingnaive
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm making it about race because I mentioned Rev. Jackson and Al Sharpton? I'm not making it about race.

Who brought up Rodney King?

Who mentioned riots?

BTW, being that you won't tell the story, I will!

This "BLACK MAN" committed a crime! He didn't deny it, and he got out on bail. The system screwed up and didn't realize they forgot to incarcerate him for his crime, UNTIL the system notified them that he was to be released!

Following me?

Since then, this MAN has changed his ways. He has a family, his own business and is a very good "citizen"!

The system is pissed, because he NEVER served his time!

Thus the problem!

I say let the man be! He seems to have changed his life and he did NOT kill anyone!

Sorry OP, your idea of starting a riot is not only premature, but ridiculous, considering the law officials don't even know what to do about it YET!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

A man was sentenced to 13 years in prison for armed robbery with a bb gun. He was told he would be contacted with instructions. Well, 13 years goes by and he here's nothing. Meanwhile, he's paying taxes, renewing his license, starts three business, starts a family, and even pays his speeding ticket. Then the SWAT team busts up in his house one morning and arrests him.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

You know Rodney King is no longer alive right? Just saying. He died a drug addict and alcoholic.

So burning downing the cities, looting and things is your way of protest? He was not the best role model for it either.
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Then the SWAT team busts up in his house one morning and arrests him.

That was a bit unnecessary.
But should we start rioting because the system screwed up?
Swat busted down his door?
Or should this riot be limited to race?

After all the BS the police have pulled in the recent years(like ABQ) I'm surprised this story even made it to the news! How many wrong doors get kicked in by mistake and without probable cause? Black, white, red, yellow it really doesn't make a difference anymore, in fact I think making things about race now diminishes the effect of the outrage we all feel inside.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
from one source...

Anderson had just one arrest for marijuana possession on his record when he and a cousin robbed an assistant manager for a St. Charles Burger King restaurant on Aug. 15, 1999. The men, wearing masks, showed a gun (it turned out to be a BB gun) and demanded money that was about to be placed in a deposit box.

So this common petty thief criminal deserves a 2nd chance ?

I say Nyet.

Ya think he may have got away with other crimes a few times since?

Just a common criminal punk.

[ rubber stamp final ] -- Jail.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

That's the point. I didn't say everybody go riot in the streets. You guys take things way too literal -- probably why you think everything is a conspiracy. I'm saying people have rioted for much lesser causes. I also should have said if this man is required to carry out his sentence. What does sending him to jail now do?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join