It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man who is suspected of bullying and blackmailing Amanda Todd has been arrested.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Translation from the article.

[A 35 year old man who has been arrested in Januari in Oisterwijk, according to the justice department he would be the man behind the bullying and blackmailing of the deceased Canadian girl Amanda Todd.

The suspect would have persuaded her to undress in front of the cam, he saved the images and used them to blackmail her.

The lawyer does not want to confirm the name of the victim Amanda Todd, but he does admit that among others his client is suspected of blackmailing a 15 year old girl out of British Colombia in Canada with the use of images from a webcam.

Also Dutch, Englisch and American victims.
The 35 year old man is suspected of nine facts.
He would have encouraged underage girls to perform sexual acts

A man who is suspected of bullying and blackmailing Amanda Todd has been arrested.

I hope the translation is readable, sorry if there are mistakes in there.

If this is the guy, i hope they are able to find all the evidence that they need to convict him.
The good part is that during the investigation, the Dutch police is working together with foreign authorities including the Britse National Crime Agency.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Personally, I would like to be the executioner. What he did was horrible and people like this should not have the ability to breath. I would look for the most horrible death possible for this man. Torture him every day for what he caused that poor girl to do... what she had to go through. I remember when she posted that vid... then when she killed herself... She was such a pretty girl. So much potentual for her, but she was hurting horribly inside for a simple mistake because of some pervert. She was begging for peace, and crying out for help and they just kept on hating on her. She even moved and people found out and still hated her and teased her. Humans should not be this damned hateful!

At very least, they should put him in prison for the rest of his life, in a cell with big bubba....

edit on 17-4-2014 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Text
a reply to: StallionDuck

Sadly he is arrested in the Netherlands, if he is the one i do hope we have an agreement with Canada to extradite him after he did his time for other crimes commited here.
Cases like this one, what happened with Amanda, al that hate, it should be a wake up call to everyone.

www.123ict.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Here is her original YouTube video. What people did in her story is not cool behavior.

----------

I think we have an empathy problem between girls and guys - possibly a growing problem in the younger generations as well - involving people having good, close friends.

When I was growing up, I had close guy friends. I still do. We wouldn't turn on each other like this, it is sick, some of the things she experiences. I don't see how come brotherhood can't include girls.

She tells her story as if she had no one in the world - and I often wonder how many other people out there are in a similar situation in that respect.
edit on 17pmThu, 17 Apr 2014 18:53:06 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Some guys are just a-holes, I don't think it's anything new or different from the generation before and the future ones to come. I had guy friends and I had guys that wanted more then friendship, some of which belonged on a leash. Actually, they were pretty much all the same for the most part.
This guy is not even a guy or a man, he is a PREDATOR. Some animals don't want the friendship, companionship or the conquest - it's all about the sadistic power trip they receive from torturing helpless victims. I wonder if he did this to both girls and boys, it wouldn't surprise me if he did, the rush would be the same if not more for him.

I hope the laws in there country aren't like the ones here. It's sad I can search online and find 5 or 10 of these animals not 10 miles from my home right now!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

I'm an old man to some here on this site....but things like this kill me inside. We had jerks when I was young too...but nothing like this poor girl had to deal with....it literally breaks my heart that just a month later...she took her own life.

I wish I could have told her not to worry...high school is such a bubble....the things that are important to you in high school and the people who's opinions you value...will not matter to you at all as you get older...with time comes perspective.

Always try and balance the head and the heart....try and never to let passion rule reason.

In so many ways technology has freed humanity...allowed us to communicate, share ideas...but as with any tool, it can be abused by predators and sociopaths. I can't stress enough...don't trust anyone you meet on the net.

I can't say enough about the courage it took for this girl to bear herself for the world to see. Much love and respect to her.

I hope she finds the peace in death...she couldn't in life...she deserves it.

edit on 17America/Chicagopm172014-04-17T20:34:40-05:00pmThursday04 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Reply to: earthling42

After reading this, what this man did is small fish compared to what I've seen sharks do to gullible fishies. Yes, string this man up and fillet him for doing what I've seen countless others have done and say to yourself, "justice served". Okay. What about Jessi Leonhardt? There goes a tumbleweed. But suddenly, it takes a young girl to drink bleach to gain full media sensationalism and it becomes an all out witch hunt for a few dudes who have done what 4chan, sociopathic ex-g00ns, and a few black hat groups have done a 1000 times over? Please. Since we're going there, check out encyclopedia dramatica. Let me take it a step further and check out notorious social hubs in SL on a daily basis and you'll find the behavior there the epitome of ruthless and scathing. Everything up from complex social engineering to obtain personal and extremely embarrassing information to the breaking of a human being to the point they kill themselves, and there is quite an active audience in those areas. How do I know this? One of my friends has a mass following of people, equivalent or equally as ruthless as he is, and I can say id hate to be the person catching flak there. But here this story stands, and for the wrong reasons.

Even worse, she caved & chose suicide, that was her choice as she could have chosen a different path to harden herself from a poor choice. Let me ask, where was everyone before she died? Before the leaked pictures? People were laughing along with the wolves at her as the culprits elevated the situation for a "lulzy moment". These tumbleweeds are becoming familiar in this cul de sac.

If that was my kid, I'd be straight pissed at the news sensationalism surrounding my child, but she wouldn't be dead because my responsibility is to pass her my experiences as a growing adult as how I dealt with these things.

I'll tell it to you like it is, this mans arrest changes nothing
. There's badder people out there and its time you explore these areas for yourself and educate your kids, instead of looking for another headline on the news.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Reply to: AnteBellum

They don't care.

Most of them are broken people and some of their social makeup makes them dangerous human beings.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: deadcalm

Hi deadcalm,

My age is 46, in my early youth and as a teenager it was the same.
Bullying is of all times, but there is one difference, there was no internet and thus no social media where bullying would be continued.

I doubt anyone could have reached her, she was weak and vulnerable to sweet talk, considering her situation and age that is highly understandable.

there comes a time when everything just falls away and nothing seems to matter.
A knive is not able to cut as deep as the feeling goes, sigaret burns dont even surpass the psychological pain, ending life is a comforting thought.

But in the end it is also the easy way out, kinda selfish actually, but is is an end to all the personal suffering.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: QuantumDeath

Yes, where was everyone, we can't choose our parents.
Some are born in a loving family, some are not, that's the way it is.

I understand where you want to go and you are right, there are badder people out there.
But i am happy they arrested this guy, it could be your child who is blackmailed in this manner.
In the end there was a lot more to it than this guy alone, but his actions were the start of it all.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
There is a little more information about him, turkish nationality and 9 is probably a very low number.
Besides using images to blackmail underage girls, he also did blackmail adults in the same manner when they did sexual acts in front of a webcam.
There are already talks about extraditing this guy to Canada after he has served his time in jail in the Netherlands.

top topics

join