It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Reposting this from an approved source

“They’re nothing more than domestic terrorists,” Reid said during an appearance at a Las Vegas Review-Journal “Hashtags & Headlines” event at the Paris. “I repeat: what happened there was domestic terrorism.”

The BLM shut down its weeklong roundup of Bundy’s cattle Saturday after an armed confrontation with militia members who had traveled to Southern Nevada.

Bundy has not paid federal grazing fees for 20 years and owes about $1 million to the government.

Reid, the Senate majority leader who is in Las Vegas during Congress’ Easter recess, said he understands there’s a federal task force being set up in order to deal with Bundy, and Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie is involved as well.

“Clive Bundy does not recognize the United States,” Reid said. “The United States, he says, is a foreign government. He doesn’t pay his taxes. He doesn’t pay his fees. And he doesn’t follow the law. He continues to thumb his nose at authority.”
emphasis mine

Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

Dirty Harry is getting close to libel there, isn't he?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I don't see why anyone would be surprised by this. Now, he's gonna sic Holder and the IRS on them....

All those back room cronies stick together. Reid is a TRAITOR to the American People.

He doesn't know what being an American is, he's so incestually mixed with whatever money catches his eye, from all over the globe.

Des

edit on 17-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

But Reid is right, it is domestic terrorism. The federal government is a domestic corporation terrorizing everyone, domestically and abroad. Reid just tried to make it sound like Bundy et al were the domestic terrorists, which is not the case.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

It's not libel if a US Senator does it.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Where were the bombs?

Who got shot?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The government is the terrorist. That makes the people fighting them freedom fighters.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Where were the bombs?

Who got shot?

Apparently...all it takes is saying no to crazy, megalomaniac Reid, to be labeled a terrorist.

I prefer to call myself a...Freedom Fighter...

Des

edit on 17-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
WOW We didn't see this coming now did we?

if this is a surprise to you then wow.. Really just sucks that you dont know chess to well...
Like my sig?

“Clive Bundy does not recognize the United States,” Reid said. “The United States, he says, is a foreign government. He doesn’t pay his taxes. He doesn’t pay his fees. And he doesn’t follow the law. He continues to thumb his nose at authority.”

Clive Bundy does not recognize the family,” Mario said. “The Family, he says, is a racket. He doesn’t pay his taxes. He doesn’t pay his fees. And he doesn’t follow our law. He continues to thumb his nose at the family."

ya something like that.

edit on 4/17/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/17/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Back at ya Des, I think this Bunkerville "Battle" has exposed the
true terrorists.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Armed confrontation?? Who showed up armed to the teeth for a cattle round up? Who hit unarmed people with tasers? Who created a "free speech zone" and threatened others for speaking up outside an approved area? Sorry Mr Ried... it is you, the BLM and the federal government that are the true domestic terrorists!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If the government and BLM actually needs the land for something then why not buy out Bundy? Grazing fee's on public desert land in middle of nowhere is absurd. Everyone wonders why the prices for food is so expensive, especially in our already failing economy. The argument can't be to preserve the land. Where was the BLM's concerns when the government was testing nuclear bombs in Nevada? Hundreds of square miles now fenced off with no trespass signs because the area is now a radioactive dead zone. For the BLM to complain about cattle grazing is nothing but a bunch of bureaucratic BS (no pun intended). The grass will grow and die and not be used anyways cattle or no cattle. This is nothing more than a bunch of federal crooks that want their mafia money. Public land, government land it doesn't matter it's OUR land! The land is utterly worthless to everyone else except for a farmer. So lets tax the hell out of the farmer and raise our food costs. Stupidest idea ever it's a wonder how we survived this long.
edit on 17-4-2014 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This latest outburst by Reid *Clearly* shows the 100% political agenda.

The speculation is all over.

If all this was just about a few petty localized legal issues, Harry would not be this involved and this zealous.

He will now put everything else on the backburner and attack full blast.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

As I said before, Harry probably thinks George Washington was a domestic terrorist and the American Revolution an act of domestic terrorism.

Harry needs to be tried for treason and his last meal should be a bowl of egg fried rice.

edit on 17-4-2014 by imwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I think Reid is a terrorist and traitor. Now that the name calling is out the way, can you discuss the issue with civility. Nope, didn't think so you corrupt pos.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The government is the terrorist. That makes the people fighting them freedom fighters.

So when does it become time to kick the tires and light the fires, haven't we all gotten past this point? When do you say I'm mad, I've had enough and I'm not going to take the government BS anymore? Seems to me there needs to be some house cleaning, everywhere ;-)

BTW, go look at that Bernie Sanders video just posted, he lays out many of the reasons, enough of them anyway, that we should all be tearing down our (dis)respective governments. Oh, also noticed ole Bernie referred to the US as being a democracy, WRONG! The US is a republic and the brainwashing that it is a democracy is what has allowed these corrupt bastards to flourish unimpeded.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
From "wikitionary"

Terrorism:

1. The deliberate commission of an act of violence to create an emotional response through the suffering of the victims in the furtherance of a political or social agenda.

2.Violence against civilians to achieve military or political objectives.

3.A form of psychological manipulation through warfare to the purpose of political or religious gains, by means of deliberately creating a climate of fear amongst the inhabitants of a specific geographical region.

Seems clear to me that the BLM are the terrorists, based upon the word's definition...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well...he's not wrong.

Threaten the government with violence and you'll get armed men who work for the government showing up.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Well...he's not wrong.

Threaten the government with violence and you'll get armed men who work for the government showing up.

It goes deeper than that.

#1 [check] ....any more ?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Wow... I was reserving my opinion on this situation. I was keeping clear. But it looks as if Reid essentially just called every protester ever, a domestic terrorist.

My jaw dropped when I saw the video of this. That's not a term that you can just lightly throw around by any means.

I don't even agree with the Bundy's, but it seems that anyone who wants to hold signs up and post YouTube video's of an event with a non-gov't backed opinion is going to be labeled by the Senate Majority leader as a threat.

Ironically Reid says nothing about the Nevada official who told protesters to bring their body bags... which in itself is a terror based threat.

edit on 17-4-2014 by OatDelphi because: spelling/grammar

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded
WOW We didn't see this coming now did we?

if this is a surprise to you then wow.. Really just sucks that you dont know chess to well...
Like my sig?

Clive Bundy does not recognize the family,” Mario said. “The Family, he says, is a racket. He doesn’t pay his taxes. He doesn’t pay his fees. And he doesn’t follow our law. He continues to thumb his nose at the family."

ya something like that.

Damn right, Thich. You gave a mighty fine translation. And your sig is on point, bro. Polo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join