It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma House passes solar surcharge bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Or maybe it's a transfer of power from one group that supports one political team to another group that supports a different political team. It's a two-fer, taxes and political donations. Follow the money because money creates power.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
from the story....

Representatives of Oklahoma Gas and Electric Co. and Public Service Co. of Oklahoma said the surcharge is needed to recover some of the infrastructure costs to send excess electricity safely from distributed generation back to the grid.

The representatives said utilities need the new surcharge to prevent customers who can’t afford the installation costs of distributed generation from subsidizing customers who have the systems installed.

That's all this is ?

Or is it a "back flow" tax on the power actually sold back to the utilities?

The utilities buy the excess power I think.

Does that power cost more than they buy it from somewhere else?

How do Power companies lose money from individual-owned sources?

Its all a bunch of hogwash. Oklahoma's state government is simply keeping the rich people rich.

People should be free to generate as much solar, wind or tidal as they want.

They just want to keep their extortion scheme going

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Here's one reason for why they are doing it:

Like the Arizona surcharge, the rationale supporting the legislation is that the special fees are needed to recover infrastructure costs associated with net metering

www.forbes.com...

I call BS. Do they really believe they are fooling anybody with what they are clearly doing?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: spurgeonatorsrevenge

That could be but....

How do power companies lose money from people using their own solar/wind equipment?

And how do power companies make more money with this law?

Is there an actually copy of the entire legislation anywhere?

I agree in advance that an agenda is here somewhere. I just want to know the real agenda.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

On the other hand, some of the most oppressive legislation I've seen in my lifetime is currently coming exclusively from states who's legislatures are controlled by Republicans. Go figure!

How could anyone think the most oppressive legislation is coming from states with the current batch of trash we have in washington now. POTUS kills Americans without a trial, Holder protects the IRS, ATF, and the black community from any crime they have committed. The scared #less congress run by Boehner the cry baby and do nothing to protect the citizens. Lets not forget Harry Reid that stops bills from coming before the floor and cannot connect his brain and mouth at the same time. How oppressive will Obama Care be in the end? How oppressive is NSA spying? Obama could stop that in a stroke of the pen. How oppressive is all the new taxes coming out of DC? How oppressive is the militarization of the police? How oppressive are the new EPA laws? How oppressive is the cost of energy when we can't access what's in our own country? The patriot act signed quietly by the POTUS. These are the worst. The example this current administration sets for the youth of America scares me. They don't talk out of both sides of their mouths they have two mouths.

Until they figure out a way to store massive amounts of electricity solar is a waste anyway, giving money to something like solyndra to be wasted is unconscionable. The push for electric cars is insane until you upgrade the grid we have rolling blackouts now without electric cars, wait until you charge a million cars at once. Oppression is wasting money on solar when it could be helping the poor.

I wish I could be around to refute the history that will be written about these useless people when the time comes. Complaining about a solar tax by a state is akin to complaining about a single raindrop in a hurricane. The tax isn't right I won't argue that but instead of picking up a piece of paper lets get people to take out the trash.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: beezzer
Why?

Why would legislators do this?

Maybe...just maybe its never been about cheaper energy,
rather than creating another industry to tax.

Are you saying the government is the one creating a new industry?

I think maybe, just maybe, the elites who are heavily invested in carbon fuels are scared that they will lose their their money making machine when people do not need to depend on them anymore.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

On the other hand, some of the most oppressive legislation I've seen in my lifetime is currently coming exclusively from states who's legislatures are controlled by Republicans. Go figure!

Until they figure out a way to store massive amounts of electricity solar is a waste anyway, giving money to something like solyndra to be wasted is unconscionable. The push for electric cars is insane until you upgrade the grid we have rolling blackouts now without electric cars, wait until you charge a million cars at once. Oppression is wasting money on solar when it could be helping the poor.

A????

Solar is not a waste, it is free energy. In fact the technology is becoming more and more efficient every year.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

That could be but....

How do power companies lose money from people using their own solar/wind equipment?

Isn't it obvious? If people no longer have electricity bills it will impact their revenue stream.

And how do power companies make more money with this law?

They do not, but they might be able to retain customers that might of switched to solar. With a tax, it will take away some of the economic incentive to switch. That is the game here.

I agree in advance that an agenda is here somewhere. I just want to know the real agenda.

yup - I have the agenda here

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

So now he BLM has the right to block off my property with armed men because I'm way to smart than most to gather free energy and rise against paying for free energy?

We'll see about that after I buy 10,000 more rounds of ammo, and a few dozen more guns. I'm sure it'll start with saving an endangered moss or house spider on or near my land. fML. I'll drag them to Hell with me first before I'll allow democrats, and Obama supporters to come within a mile of MY LAND. Your God Damn right. I'm what you call a patriot.. The first to die for what I believe in, in domestic war.

I'm not afraid of dying for my rights and showing others what my balls are meant for, more than procreation!

BTW, I've been to Spain. I feel the pain of a idea of being taxed for expressing action of free-anything.

The woman over there are great, beautiful, and fun...plus free, lol! Surprised I wasn't taxed for using them in 97'. Guess I'm quite the man for using good spirit, and humor to get free love from the local Spainish woman...

Sh%#, now a date is going to cost me, and taxed for what's natural?!?. So proud of the rising generation.
edit on 18-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I understand all that but.

This Oklahoma legislation ....

Does it specifically say people *Must* hook up to existing power grids ?

That's the only way to meter the power in / power out and figure the credit.

And as for the new power being free ... the equipment and labor costs big money.

And don't forget about the batteries that wear out and cost big money to replace.

I agree in advance that it may be better in the long run, but I am still not satisfied that this legislation is all about political parties.

It sounds more like they are equalizing the risks/costs ratios so all people doing this stay on the same level table.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD

So now he BLM has the right to block off my property with armed men because I'm way to smart than most to gather free energy and rise against paying for free energy?

We'll see about that after I buy 10,000 more rounds of ammo, and a few dozen more guns. I'm sure it'll start with saving an endangered moss or house spider on or near my land. fML. I'll drag them to Hell with me first before I'll allow democrats, and Obama supporters to come within a mile of MY LAND. Your God Damn right. I'm what you call a patriot.. The first to die for what I believe in in domestic war.

I'm not afraid of dying for my rights and showing others what my balls are meant for, more than procreation!

Meanwhile the GOP does everything in their power to keep this nation in the fossil fuels business and scuttle any attempts at mainstreaming alternative energy.

Instead of using your balls, you should use another part of your body that starts with a "B"

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I do, I use solar panels on my trailer when traveling, I've yet to buy land or build a house because of debts. But I do intend on spending 10-20 grand on a wind powered geney with battery cell packs as the wind here 6-8 months out of a year are 35mph+, all that free energy without tax
. I get free generation of electricity on my state travel with absolutely no cost of gas for the geney,only for a emergency back-up. It runs 100% everything, tv, radio, washer. Dryer, etc. stupid people spending so much without a solar panel investment..

As a male... My balls are just as important as my brain. More balls though, one brain, two balls. I try to be traditional with mathematical skills. Two is better than one...

Are you a woman? Just asking?
Emotions about this topic have nothing to do with common sense and logic. Obviously you have know concept on free energy, and the saving results thereof. Otherwise you would have halted your lame insult.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I understand all that but.

This Oklahoma legislation ....

Does it specifically say people *Must* hook up to existing power grids ?

I would bet a pretty penny the bill does stipulate that, gives the utilities more control and access to use that control as more bills pass.

That's the only way to meter the power in / power out and figure the credit.

And as for the new power being free ... the equipment and labor costs big money.

And don't forget about the batteries that wear out and cost big money to replace.

Yes, a home system is in the $20,000 range I believe

I agree in advance that it may be better in the long run, but I am still not satisfied that this legislation is all about political parties.

It sounds more like they are equalizing the risks/costs ratios so all people doing this stay on the same level table.

I think it is clear that conservative policy makers have chosen fossil fuels and liberals have chosen renewable.

If humanity all of a sudden were free of power bills it would have a huge impact on the global economy, possibly crippling , but it would also severely limit the control the elites have on us, I like that idea. I am sick of paying those dickheads, same goes with the government.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: spurgeonatorsrevenge

We'll see about that after I buy 10,000 more rounds of ammo, and a few dozen more guns. I'm sure it'll start with saving an endangered moss or house spider on or near my land. fML. I'll drag them to Hell with me first before I'll allow democrats, and Obama supporters to come within a mile of MY LAND. Your God Damn right. I'm what you call a patriot.. The first to die for what I believe in in domestic war.

Meanwhile the GOP does everything in their power to keep this nation in the fossil fuels business and scuttle any attempts at mainstreaming alternative energy.

Instead of using your balls, you should use another part of your body that starts with a "B"
Backbone?.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

originally posted by: jrod
I can't verify this but I read somewhere on ATS that Germany will charge for rainfall based on the area of a yard.

No, but we have a sewage tax in Germany, which is calculated by the m² of sealed surface on your property, and the revenue goes into wastewater treatment.

We don't have a tax on sunlight though... quite the opposite: you can actually make money feeding solar energy into the grid.
I know several people who don't pay but get payed for electricity.
edit on 18-4-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Well that's why I'm suggesting that somebody post the actual legislation.

It might prove wiser to quote from the real McCoy as opposed to speculating.

Is the legislation text a secret?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Well that's why I'm suggesting that somebody post the actual legislation.

It might prove wiser to quote from the real McCoy as opposed to speculating.

Is the legislation text a secret?

Well come on, you don't need glasses to see the sky lol

and yes, it appears that this bill is a frickin mystery.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Backbone?.

Haha!

You're a funny SOB

I respect you for living in a trailer and getting free energy, that does take some backbone. America is not the place it was when it was founded. Used to be you could claim your own land, kill your own food and sell whatever your could conjure.

Somehow we have been convinced that we have to pay rent to live in our own land. That to me is the worst degradation of America, even worse than Republicans (well, maybe not worse than Bush's executive prowess)

Anyhow, I hope they leave you alone on your land

And the corporations can kiss my ass

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Backbone?.

Haha!

You're a funny SOB

I respect you for living in a trailer and getting free energy, that does take some backbone. America is not the place it was when it was founded. Used to be you could claim your own land, kill your own food and sell whatever your could conjure.

Somehow we have been convinced that we have to pay rent to live in our own land. That to me is the worst degradation of America, even worse than Republicans (well, maybe not worse than Bush's executive prowess)

Anyhow, I hope they leave you alone on your land

And the corporations can kiss my ass
I don't live in a trailer, I travel all around the state of Alaska. I LIVE in a house. The trailer is for a free place to stay so I can pocket 90% of my pay each week to survive and enjoy winter. I think you have trouble understanding my vantage point as you must live in a city, I don't.

I live off the land, kill the meat I eat. I don't buy suits. Pay the least of taxes because I stay as much as possible off grid. I loves mys women, cook for me, make my babies, I's hunt animal. Wear pelts, etc. I'm having fun with you.

Yes, it's called homesteading, and because my family was smart. We have at least 50 acres + outside of Talkeetna. Never paid for... None of it. Claimed by us before it became illegal.

So glad to be Native America, you silly city folk and silly laws...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: windword

I can't verify this but I read somewhere on ATS that Germany will charge for rainfall based on the area of a yard.

FPL in Florida makes it difficult and expensive to sell back excessive homemade power. Plenty of sunshine here.

Europe's measure is the 'meter', three and one quarter inches longer than a 'yard' not that it really make much difference.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join