It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS looks much better

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

Just refresh the page.

Thanks Zap, though it could be better to close the window without refreshing the page.
edit on 18-4-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It's not a perfect update, but it's a lot easier than it was before to do things. I really like it.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's not a perfect update, but it's a lot easier than it was before to do things. I really like it.

True that.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown
When I change my mind and don't want to reply to post, how to close reply window?

There's not "close" for the reply-box. Not yet anyway.

I guest I never considered that someone would hit reply… then change their mind.

If you end up not wanting to post… just don't click the reply button.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I do sometimes. I'll go to post, because I read something, and then think about it and realize that it annoyed me, and it might not be the best time to reply. So I'll decide not to reply.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Sometimes it just ends up, after writing, it's the "I would be better off not saying that" thing.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Will there be a mass message to members or a thread by you when you think that the new version is "completed" once the tweaks are done?

boy that Ventura stink eye--eek.

edit on 4/18/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Wow..... amazing!!! especially the preview!!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It the nested quote errors going to be addressed or do we just work around it if we need parts of two quotes in the reply?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
It the nested quote errors going to be addressed or do we just work around it if we need parts of two quotes in the reply?

It's not an error, as was stated previously on the issue, it's intentional.

Especially now with the much easier to use "a reply to:" -- it should never be necessary to quote the quoted quote.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

So it is in the editor and the outputted after edit html page but is not intended to be displayed?

Guess I need to find where this was explained....

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
OK. It's in the editor window but it won't be used. Got it.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: roadgravel

It's not an error, as was stated previously on the issue, it's intentional.

Especially now with the much easier to use "a reply to:" -- it should never be necessary to quote the quoted quote.
One thing I noticed is I click the "a reply to" link and get a popup. But to address the "nested" concept without nesting as you suggest, if that popup also contains "a reply to:" link shouldn't we be able to click that and get another popup? I tried doing that and I can't seem to get more than one layer deep. If the posts are just a little further up on the page it's not too hard to scroll up and find them but if they are on previous pages, trying to go back more than one level of "a reply to" is actually inferior to the old system which didn't limit you to how many layers you could trace back when clicking replies.

The new system is better if you only need to go back one reply but of that reply also contains "a reply to" which you need to read to understand the context, it seems worse since I can't click my way to it like I used to be able to do.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Xxx I cast my vote to get rid of this. On mobile (my tablet) if I want to see a post that someone is replying to I get a box I can't get rid of. There is no X to click on. If I preview my reply same thing. Can't get rid of the box. This is so not better. Please get rid of this it's a pain in the astrabadisrta.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
tt sucks all the way around. Ban this new process. Out with the new and in with the old that worked just fine. This is not like the cor change that occurred a few months back. This is terrible and not thought out well foe the way we the members use the site. os reply to: Arbitrageur

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Having some formatting issues on my mobile. Using a Galaxy Note3 with Dolphin Browser (or stock browser) and the thread list page is so wide I have to swipe side to side. Double tapping the screen to auto size / fit to screen and the text becomes really, really small to the point of being unreadable. Posts are the same way. Reading ATS on my phablet just became undesirable to the point of not doing it until this gets sorted out. (Which is a shame because I read on my phone ALOT!)

Here's to hoping it's sooner rather than later.....
edit on 4/19/14 by surfinguru because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

What if you change your mind after hitting reply. Sometimes I get angry at a poster go to reply then think we'll that's not nice just let it go. Now I don't have the option to change my mind?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657
Yes that's another thing that's broken with the new format. I used to be able to click the browser "back" button to escape the reply function, but now the only way to escape it I've found is to click "refresh", which works but it's certainly not a normal way to deal with such a function, nor is it intuitive.

On mobile (my tablet) if I want to see a post that someone is replying to I get a box I can't get rid of. There is no X to click on.
I've only tried it on a PC where there is an "X" to close the popup above the upper right of the popup,though if your display isn't wide enough or something I'm not sure if it will display on your tablet. You do need to be able to close it so if you can't that's a problem. If you can close it, it's better than losing your place like you did with the old method.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I did that yesterday. I changed my mind about making a reply, so I just scrolled to the top of the menu and hit "my ats". I don't even see a refresh button on my screen. Where is it?

My complaint with this new format is that when I do a thread, my "review" button doesn't work. I couldn't see if the videos and other links I posted were there correctly until I went ahead and posted it. Then I had to go edit to make corrections.

ETA: And now when I go to "my ATS", my subscription list is under my "favorit forums" list... all the way at the bottom left of the screen. I DON"T like that! I like to see the threads I'm watching listed on the right side of the screen, like it was. Very inconvenient having to scroll way down to the bottom of the screen to see what's going on with the threads!
Is this happening for everyone else too?

edit on 4/19/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join