It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS looks much better

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Nice... glad you found that.

I was looking in the wrong place

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: OatDelphi
Did half of Jesse Ventura's head just show up on my ATS screen?

PS- Love the new look and features. Especially because I'm not having my eyelids burnt out when using the bright page theme.

It appears Jesse is indeed back and peering out at us.

Which also answers the OTG question - as Jesse's new online show is called "Off The Grid" according to his AMA intro post.
Jesse Ventura's AMA intro post

Now, how "Off The Grid" and ATS tie together is something that I guess we'll have to wait for details on from Mgmt or the Mod squad.

Should be interesting...
edit on 4/18/2014 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
faster, nicer, more compact...overall a huge progress.

Good work guys.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 999zxcv

Yes, that's how I'm zooming in, Control and +; my browser is initially set to display all of the home page thread titles. Once I'm in an individual thread, I find that my age/eyesight dictate 2 applications of the Control + zoom for comfortable reading.

Oh cool, the preview function is working now!

edit on 4/18/14 by BuzzCory because: Grammar yet again

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Just wanted to say you guys have done a damn good job with the 'reply' buttons
Love how you can click onto a link in the reply and it pops up at the top....very cool

Also like the latest BG behind the page

I imagine it has got to be a hair-pullin' tiresome thing to try and get all platforms to work together from desk tops to smartphones/tablets....not to mention the various browsers
Along with all the other stuff that is beyond my knowledge in the land of computers. LOL

Keep up the good work

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Yes, much better. The bright white background was hurting my eyes.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I think I now understand why SO chose to change ATS with this new script and layout: It allows for website growth, changes, addons, extended capabilities, etc. And we're now starting to see all the bells and whistles slowly getting added on...

However, I have to admit that Ventura's eyeball staring back at me in the shadows makes me feel a wee bit... um.... creepy guilty paranoid vulnerable ?

... and it follows me where ever I move.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crystalwolf
Yes, much better. The bright white background was hurting my eyes.

Yes, it would be nice if the dark gray was the color everyone saw when coming to ATS (what people call a default?), and not the white. Much better for the site's image, imnho. (oh, I just noticed that the way the preview has changed, if it were larger maybe it'd block the whole post but I haven't tried a larger preview as yet.

Just made it larger, it's blocking my screen here (it actually looks like I'm typing on the preview screen now so I don't know if they is transferring to this post). And when I hit 'preview' the original post is gone, so I had to copy paste the preview. I'll hit the reply now and see what happens. Seems more complicated, with more steps, than it was yesterday, but that's just for me and not being used to it yet.

edit on 18-4-2014 by Aleister because: double paragraph

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Alright, so I log on this morning and there is some guy staring at me on the left side of the screen....lol

All I want to know is who is that?

edit on 18-4-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

That is the single biggest improvement I have seen! I don't know how many times I have started to reply to someone and then forgot all the points I wanted to respond to. This makes so much sense! Thanks ATS!
edit on 4/18/2014 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Yes, I want to know how to get rid of that guy... He is creeping me out, I can't stop seeing him out of the corner of my eye! Stop looking at me!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

It's the eye ides of March April.....

oh, never mind

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
When I change my mind and don't want to reply to post, how to close reply window?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Is that Ventura?

LOL!

It DOES look like him...

He's probably looking for Monkey boy.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

Just refresh the page.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I noticed that the other day....but these changes caught me off-guard. WOW this is cool, this 'reply' thing...
no more multiple windows and waiting for loading and then having to reload?

Will there be a corrected 'preview'? I just found this thread this morning....

yesterday when the new border became effective, at first I thought it was pretty cool - but then I couldn't zoom in, and thought there was something wrong with my puter again. Today the zoom works.

I'll have to fiddle with it some more. But the reply function is WAYMOBETTA.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Wait....now I can't go back automatically to where I was in the thread? How do I get back to the post I replied to??
To where I left off?
edit ^^ experiment
edit on 4/18/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: testing

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Will there be a corrected 'preview'?

Preview was fixed.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

test

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

But how do we get back to the post we replied to, instead of just being sent to our own reply? I want to go back to where I left off, and can't figure out how to do it. At least before we could click the 'reply to' line and see the actual post.

That doesn't work anymore?
Good that 'preview' was fixed - but - can't we have a "back to replied post" option? I feel lost. I just want to go back to where I left off.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join