It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS looks much better

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I really hate to say this....but......being the airhead that I am, I am getting you confused with blupblup. You used to have Heisenberg avatar, and now blupblup has one and you don't. You should have blinking lights around your avatar so you are easily recognized. lol

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

My Hubby just told me to hit control and mouse wheel to scroll in. I can read again! Darn it, I am supposed to be the one with all the computer know how. Hurmph.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
@Media comes into play more often with mobile/smaller/newer screens. I think it's supported by all mobile browsers.

I'm deeply versed in "responsive design," and roll my own, not relying on cookie-cutter templates. However, I'm not 100% sold on its "virtues" as a cure-all for everything -- which is why we have several style sheet modifiers dynamically picked in the code, sends less crap to the users.

The biggest issue, on the desktop, is the uneven implementation of CSS3 across contemporary versions of alternative browsers. We've had a big up-tick in Opera and Comodo in the past three months… and for some inexplicable reason, early versions of IE7 with uneven support.

Hold tight. Logged-in members will have a modern/slick alternative soon.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Okay..... That's weird!!!

The reply window appears on the page itself, which is slightly confusing, 'cause you have to refresh the page if you realize you don't want to reply.

I do agree that the main frame is way smaller, with lots more background, not sure yet if I like that or not...

The link, quote and reply buttons are slightly too small for my taste...

I don't know. It'll take some adaptation, I'll come back to say if I like it or not after a couple of days of use.

But, i do know that more people goes on tablets and phones, so ATS had to adapt according to the demand, so... Well, that's why on a normal computer, it will look smaller.
edit on 17-4-2014 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I'm deeply versed in "responsive design," and roll my own, not relying on cookie-cutter templates.
Good for you, as am I and as do I
Lots of different ways to skin a cat as they say.

Hold tight. Logged-in members will have a modern/slick alternative soon.

Looking forward to it, in the meantime it's fine as long as I use IE and set my zoom to 125%. Also seems like you muted the colors on the background image with the fist, makes it much less distracting, for me at least.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ooh, love the reply to feature; kinda neat and less page scrolling.

I just don't like the background image; it feels as if ATS is promoting revolution.

Why not a nice abstract pic or something in the line of a fantasy or sci-fi forest, planets, sea shores, you know, something cool, something that every country and person would like. Everyone likes fantasy and sci-fi backgrounds.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
not too bad a change, imo.

when i first got on today, i thought it looked smaller.

i have 125% before the change and i just pumped it to 150% on chrome.

it looks nice. never saw any fists tho.

i'll have to try a reply soon.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Chamberf=6
About that, what's the thinking behind the narrower body width?

Mentioned previously… our stats indicated that there was a significant enough legacy of older systems not able to handle the CSS/HTML of the wider format, and it was beginning to hurt our overall traffic.

We're going to have a member-selectable "WIDE-SCREEN" option for logged-in members soon, but these changes need to be "baked in" first.

i'm curious how you determine what kind of machines people are using to access the site?

plus, the questions i posed earlier...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: blupblup

"something new on the way"

It's not here yet. Just a teaser. But some members really like OTG.

so is it a bloody commercial?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Ctrl +/- are your friends if your screen is too small/large,

zoom in out feature

True, but doing so makes it look disproportionate and weird. Ahhh, why always fix what isn't broken!

^^^ this

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: swanne

It's something that's coming. There will be an announcement about it.

then why not just a notice that says something new is on the way, instead of a silly advert nobody understands?

i mean, how many times have you had to answer the question about what it is so far?
edit on 17-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

It was posted in this thread that it was something that was coming by Skeptic.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Daedalus

It was posted in this thread that it was something that was coming by Skeptic.

and you've had to reiterate it a few times....

my point still stands..

i'm going back to video games now...the new aesthetic is still a bit headache-inducing
edit on 17-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
ARGH! Now unless I'm "logged in" ALL the screens are white with light grey print and IMPOSSIBLE TO READ! WHY make it impossible to read the posts unless logged in?!? It just makes people frustrated - if it's to 'make' people have to log in to read the site then it's just a ploy to appease advertisers.... I can't be bothered to strain reading light grey words on a white background and won't be bothered to 'have' to log in just to stay current...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Omg freaked me out at first. Thought my android wasn't playing nice with SO's tweaks. But I LOVE it!!!! Most awesome change yet!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
OK, so when I hit Reply or Quote and I've finish typing, next I'd like to add a picture, Not Going To Happen.
How do you do it now?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

edit on 17-4-2014 by guohua because: Tired and Failed

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Wow, I hadn't been on ATS all day until now - checked out some of the changes and the reply feature is AWESOME!!!! I love, love, love it! Awesome job, Skeptic.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Kudos !

Forward thinking and changing with the times - will always have some -offside.

Ultimately a better sandpit is what matters !

Good job SO !!

Happy Easter !!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I don't know if its just me, but every time I use the quote function and hit enter to start the first line of my response, the cursor thingy marking my spot jumps to the top of the quoted section. I'm using dolphin browser on an android phone, if that's making the difference. No idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join