It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS looks much better

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: thedoctorswife

Nah, GOT is an easy one. Just kill everyone else.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Nah, GOT is an easy one. Just kill everyone else.
[/quote

Everyone? Really? What about phage? Slayer? Is it really gonna be OK to finish off the popular kids?

edit on 3005America/Chicago1720142014-04-17T17:27:40-05:00302014Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:27:40 -050040 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The smarter ones tend to live longer.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Holy [EXPLETIVE REDACTED], this is the single ugliest design change I've seen since...I don't even remember. Fully half my screen or more is blank space with some hideous background I'm tempted to block. Your actual content width would look undersized on a 1024x768 screen.

SO and company, please just make a separate mobile app already, and stop forcing your awful "mobile-accessible" formats on those of us using actual computers. If you keep going this way, this entire site will be unusable on PC, especially as increased display resolutions become more common (I shudder to think how miserable the ATS user experience would be in 4k).

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadeWolf
Your actual content width would look undersized on a 1024x768 screen.

It's designed to fit that size perfectly.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Very nice!!!

Second Line!!!

link   

The smarter ones tend to live longer.

SPOILER: There's another death this season that dispels that notion.

link   

I'm using Chrome and have the same issue

J

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
Found the X...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Seeing a fist constantly shaking at me just makes me angry. Too angry to want to spend any time seeing it while I browse ATS. Also it's not relevant to most of the topics on here. I don't think we need any more angry, agressive posters here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

That's really great!

Went to see "Winter Soldier" last night with my daughter...
I recommend to all Marvel fans... Brilliant film.

edit on Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:45:34 -0500455America/ChicagoThursday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It's designed to fit that size perfectly.

It doesn't really. I asked before, but maybe it was overlooked. Why not use a percentage and a max-width for the content area? Maybe some @media css for the smaller screens.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Where's all the ads that I grew to love and cherish!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It's not too bad, but having such a small content area is annoying. My screen is 2560x1600 and the actual content is exactly 1/3 the width of my screen. If you want responsiveness, what about using @media for various resolutions?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

It doesn't really. I asked before, but maybe it was overlooked. Why not use a percentage and a max-width for the content area? Maybe some @media css for the smaller screens.

Yes. The body width is 1,000 pixels.

A significant enough percentage of platforms/browsers, for desktop, weren't fully HTML5/CSS3 compliant to support media queries and other more advanced options.

In about a week, after some testing. Logged-in members will have the option for a "WIDE-SCREEN" format, that scales between 1280 and 1440.

I know this because I placed a small visibility JavaScript tag at the right margin that also reported CSS3 compliance. Just over 23% of all desktop visitors had issues. That's big enough to warrant changes.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Wow! I can see the post I'm replying to now instead of forgetting half of what I wanted to comment on or having
to have a second window open. Yeah!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
What is the idea with these "OTG" fists I see on both borders? I'm pacifist, and these fists just feel so marxist...

Other than that, the posts themselves do looks great.

edit on 17-4-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

It's something that's coming. There will be an announcement about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Is there a way to increase font size? Since the change today I am having difficulty reading due to the smaller size.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

A significant enough percentage of platforms/browsers, for desktop, weren't fully HTML5/CSS3 compliant to support media queries and other more advanced options.

Right, which is why a percentage and a max-width, (sometimes a min-width), is usually used for responsive layouts targeting desktops. As I recall support for this goes all the way back to IE 7.

@Media comes into play more often with mobile/smaller/newer screens. I think it's supported by all mobile browsers.

I use both on the same sites, the @media over ridding the percentage and max width if the screen gets small enough. It's a hodgepodge at the moment and probably will be for awhile.

Anyway, the new reply function is slick.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join