Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Allen West: ‘Radical’ Muslims waging ‘jihad’ in U.S. — by voting and obeying election laws

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This guy is an idiot. It's no wonder the GOP can't find an intelligent person to have on Fox News to discuss issues.

Apparently there aren't many of them who are actually elected, formerly or currently.

Former Republican Congressman Allen West (R-FL), who is currently employed as a Fox News contributor, on Thursday warned that Muslims were organizing to “destroy” the United States by exercising their legal right to vote.

Fox News host Steve Doocy began a Fox & Friends segment with West by announcing that “radical Islamists are busy building a voting bloc to sneak the political agenda into the American system… They’re goal: to wage jihad from within.”

Source

So, now it's not the threat of terrorism or anything, it's Americans who want to vote. Specifically, Americans who don't hold the same kind of values that are considered 'American'. What nonsense is this?

Effectively this man is saying we should strip these people of the right to vote and organize politically.

Let's be honest, there is not going to be an Islamic take over of the American political system.

It's all a pipe dream. IMO for more restrictive voter laws to keep even more people, whom the GOP don't agree with, out of the ballot box.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Ohs NO! Them Muslims is comin' fer my democracy!

/facepalm

I have to agree with you. The Christian Right (for the most part) have lost all objectivity and credibility.

They continue to demonize people of other political and religious beliefs and take too many things out of context.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
So, now it's not the threat of terrorism or anything, it's Americans who want to vote. Specifically, Americans who don't hold the same kind of values that are considered 'American'. What nonsense is this?

Just because someone can vote, that doesn't mean they will vote in something good for America. A voting block can indeed turn America for the worse. In the past, a voting block voted in politicians who supported segregation laws. That wasn't good for America. In the future, a far right fundamentalist voting block could vote into office people who want to bring Christian religion into government. That wouldn't be good for America. From what I can see, Col. West is saying that people who want Sharia Laws will form a voting block and try to push their religious laws through ... push it through using our own laws against us .... and those kind of religious laws would be bad for America. ANY deviation from secular rule of law would be bad for America.

I would think the left would recognize the threat of religion seeping into our government and, to some extent, agree with him. If Col West had complained about a far right fundamentalist Christian voting block using the law to their advantage to push through anti-abortion or anti-marriage-equality laws, maybe then the left would agree with him about the religious voting block threat.

I don't think that there are enough Sharia-Muslims in this country to form enough of a voting block to be a serious threat to secular rule of law. But I do see how certain voting blocks can do things to this country that aren't good.

edit on 4/17/2014 by FlyersFan because: fixed wording

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I would think the left would recognize the threat of religion seeping into our government and, to some extent, agree with him.

While not being worried about the religious right's dominance of American politics?

It's a bit of a catch 22 right. They can complain all they want about Islam in America, as long as they also complain as loudly regarding Christianity doing the same damn thing.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
What do you expect from FOX if it's Muslim then it's bad. John Stewart had a funny little bit about how some of the people on FOX wants to deny Muslims basic constitution rights.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
More fearmongering using the same old propaganda and ignorance .. american politicians are doing a good job of destroying the country now with their policies and how divided they have the people ..
Cant have any third parties in american politics things might actually change for the better if there were more than two parties representing the people .. or maybe hes worried he wont get his corporate kickbacks for selling out the people he supposed to represent ..

One last thing .. once again for the slow group .. sharia law is only applicable to muslims .. non muslims are NOT subject to sharia law .
edit on 17/4/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
While not being worried about the religious right's dominance of American politics?

I think that star is fading ... fast.

They can complain all they want about Islam in America, as long as they also complain as loudly regarding Christianity doing the same damn thing.

In a 'fair and balanced' look - any religious voting block should be watched carefully. Be it far right Christian or Sharia Islamic (would that be far right or far left? I dunno) or whatever. ANY threat of a religious voting block using our own laws against us to install religious rule .... that's dangerous. There really isn't much that can be done about it because they'd all be using the law .... but it's still dangerous - IMHO. Secular rule of law is the only law that is just.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

How can a Muslim live in peace ?? How ?? Even by respecting the law and the voting system they're guilty. Too funny.

Your politicians are some of the dumbest people ever... At least if it made sense.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
All Muslims are conservatives. That's why I never understood why conservatives don't like them and liberals do. Strange world.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Skyfloating
All Muslims are conservatives. That's why I never understood why conservatives don't like them and liberals do. Strange world.

RIGHT?

It actually blows my mind that they only (well, the biggest reason) admonish them because they don't believe in the same imaginary person.

~Tenth
edit on 4/17/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Skyfloating

FYI, not all Muslims are conservatives. That's a stereotype.
Progressive Muslims are mostly liberal.
edit on 17-4-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I agree that the religious hold on the country is slowly coming to an end. Actually thinking about it, I suppose that's why the fervor has increased so dramatically over the last decade.

In a 'fair and balanced' look - any religious voting block should be watched carefully. Be it far right Christian or Sharia Islamic (would that be far right or far left? I dunno) or whatever. ANY threat of a religious voting block using our own laws against us to install religious rule .... that's dangerous. There really isn't much that can be done about it because they'd all be using the law .... but it's still dangerous - IMHO. Secular rule of law is the only law that is just.

Agreed on all fronts, it is something to watch for and be vigilant about. I'm just amazed that the solution, according to this guy, is to prevent them from voting in some form or another.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

So what does Col. West and the virulently islamophobic far-right propose be done about it, then?

Should American Muslims, or as you hilariously put it 'Sharia-Muslims' be stripped of the right to vote, of their citizenship, be interned or deported? I've no doubt that more than a few reading these words think that would be perfectly appropriate.

How did a man without a lick of sense raise to the rank of colonel in the armed forces?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
I'm just amazed that the solution, according to this guy, is to prevent them from voting in some form or another.

I must have missed that (I have a headache today). I'll go back and look again. If that's the case ... then
All the religious voting blocks make me nervous. I just understand when people say 'watch out for them'.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Monger
So what does Col. West and the virulently islamophobic far-right propose be done about it, then?

I don't know why you are asking me. I have no idea what the far right want to do about it (if anything).

Should American Muslims, or as you hilariously put it 'Sharia-Muslims'

*sigh* There is a difference between Muslims and Sharia-Muslims. That's why I specifically said that the 'Sharia-Muslim' voting block should be watched ... just like the 'fundamentalist christian' block should be watched. What I said is not 'hilarious' ... it's accurate. There is a difference so I was very careful to say which voting block should be watched.

How did a man without a lick of sense raise to the rank of colonel in the armed forces?

Ask the military. I have no idea.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
It actually blows my mind that they only (well, the biggest reason) admonish them because they don't believe in the same imaginary person.

Keep it classy, San Diego.

I think there's a very real, very understandable concern that the same crap that has happened in Europe will happen in the USA. Allen West seems to be concerned with the Islamification of the US, and he should be.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

No.

What happened in Europe, would NEVER happen in the US. Otherwise, the US would be Europe all ready if you catch my drift.

Basic American culture, will never stand of Islamification. It's literally one of the only things that could cause a proper civil war in your country if they did try to do it.

I have a lot of Muslim friends. More than I can count. Most of them are what you would consider progressive, in the same way a Christian doesn't take the bible literally.

That being said, my friends who are a bit more fundamentalist, who would or do live under Sharia, have no interest in having non Muslims be governed under it.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
No.

What happened in Europe, would NEVER happen in the US. Otherwise, the US would be Europe all ready if you catch my drift.

[SNIP]

That being said, my friends who are a bit more fundamentalist, who would or do live under Sharia, have no interest in having non Muslims be governed under it.

...then there should be no complaining or kvetching when Americans like Allen West wish to take steps to ensure it doesn't happen here. Do people who don't intend to steal bitch about homeowners locking their doors or buying a guard dog? Looks like there's no reason for this to even be a thread now.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Just because someone can vote, that doesn't mean they will vote in something good for America.

GEORGE W BUSH

you're right

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It seems to me that Allen West stopped being a political leader with credibility and became just another commentator among an ocean of commentators, all giving their personal opinions. Well.. His is worth about as much as the other 330 million individual opinions that form the stew within our melting pot.

Having said that... I have a very real problem with any group voting by agenda if it's done by fraud, illegal registration or other means of circumventing our system.

HOWEVER...

If it's 100% legal and it's done by the laws we all follow on it? Well... Muslims have every right to change the very fabric of our nation....IF they have accumulated the numbers and cultural majority which our system requires for such dramatic changes to come. If American culture ever fades so much that voting Muslims or Jews or Hindus for that matter, can change so much by voting? It's not THEIR problem to be singled out for. If any problem exists...it's to our own self we need look, for how the numbers of votes being cast for any one group became that overwhelming.

If they vote legal like everyone else, let them vote any way they choose. That's the American way I'll fight to defend...even if a majority someday decides that it includes things I don't personally agree with. Freedom is like that, IMO. A messy process at times.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join